May. 3rd, 1975
Knoxville, Tennessee, USA
Christina Hendricks' Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2016 - Zoolander 2
2014 - God's Pocket
2014 - Lost River
2013 - Mademoiselle C
2013 - Ginger & Rosa
2013 - Dark Places
2011 - Drive
2011 - I Don't Know How She Does It
2010 - Life as We Know It
2007 - South Of Pico
0 - Leonie
Guest TV Roles
Herself - Guest
Herself - Guest
Herself - Guest
Hendricks was born in Knoxville, Tennessee. Her mother, Jackie Sue (née Raymond), was a psychologist. Her father, Robert Hendricks, who worked for the United States Forest Service, was from Birmingham, England. Through her father, she has dual U.S./U.K. nationality. Her family moved because of her father's profession, living in Fairfax, Virginia; Portland, Oregon; and Twin Falls, Idaho.
Hendricks is a natural blonde and began coloring her hair red at the age of 10 after reading Anne of Green Gables. She plays the accordion, and used her talent on an episode of Mad Men.
Hendricks began acting in children's musical theater productions in Twin Falls. She was a model from the ages of 18 to 27. She made a number of guest television appearances, starting as a regular in the series Beggars and Choosers. Since then, she has starred in the series The Big Time and The Court, opposite 'Sally Field' and Craig Bierko, as well as the legal drama Kevin Hill. She has also had recurring roles in ER and Firefly and guest-starred in episodes of Angel, Miss Match, Tru Calling, Presidio Med, Without a Trace, and Las Vegas. Hendricks starred opposite Kip Pardue in South of Pico. La Cucina, an award-winning indie film, premiered on Showtime in December 2009 and stars Hendricks as a sexy writer opposite Joaquim de Almeida. She has appeared in four episodes of the NBC TV show Life in the recurring role of Olivia, detective Charlie Crews' soon-to-be stepmother and Ted Earley's love interest. She also starred in music videos for "The Ghost Inside" by Broken Bells, and Everclear's "One Hit Wonder".
She plays Joan Harris on the AMC series Mad Men where Hendricks' character is the office manager of advertising agency Sterling Cooper Draper Pryce (SCDP), providing mentoring to a group of women who must deal with the come-ons and callousness of professional advertising executives.
She appeared in the action-thriller Drive, directed by Nicolas Winding Refn, alongside Carey Mulligan and Ryan Gosling.
Hendricks married actor 'Geoffrey Arend' (October 11, 2009).
- In 1989, her family moved to Fairfax, Virginia, where she appeared in several high school plays and local community theatre.
- Engaged to 'Geoffrey Arend' (qv) [January 2009].
- Born in Knoxville, Tennessee, but raised in Twin Falls, Idaho since the age of three.
- She was a teen model. She was in a Visa commercial with 'Pierce Brosnan' (qv).
- Although known as a redhead, Hendricks is a natural blonde having dyed her hair since she was 10 years old.
- Her character in the TV series _"Firefly" (2002)_ (qv) never gave her real name. The three aliases the character used, Yolanda, Saffron, and Bridget, were contracted into the nickname "Yo-Saf-Bridge" in the episode "Trash".