Dec. 18th, 1980
Staten Island, New York, USA
5' 1 1/2
Christina Aguilera's Main TV Roles[no roles found]
Main Movie Roles2015 - Pitch Perfect 2
2013 - Bettie Page Reveals All
2010 - Exit Through the Gift Shop
2008 - Shine a Light
2006 - Herbie Hancock: Possibilities
2004 - Shark Tale
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Christina Maria Aguilera was born on December 18, 1980, in Staten Island, New York. Her parents divorced when she was young and she lived with her mother, although they moved around quite a bit. Christina's goal almost since birth was to be a singer, and at age 12 she was invited to audition for "MMC" (1989). She wound up getting the part and stayed there for a few years, until the show ended. In 1999 she had her breakthrough hit, "Genie in a Bottle". Since then she's made millions of fans, sold millions of records and has won many awards, including a Grammy for best new female artist. She has even made a Latin album and will be working on a second one. A Christmas album has also been released.
- Co-wrote 'Kelly Clarkson' (qv)'s hit single, "Miss Independent".
- (2001) Won the world's best selling Latin female artist at the World Music Awards. Christina also performed her #1 world-wide smash hit "Nobody wants to be lonely" with 'Ricky Martin (I)' (qv) at the ceremony.
- Her idol is legendary singer 'Etta James' (qv).
- Her video, Fighter, has six nominations for the 2004 Music Video Production Association awards for best pop video, best hair and best makeup, best cinematography, best styling and best direction of a female artist.
- She has four tattoos; on the back of her neck - "Xtina", on her left waist, on her left wrist and on her arm - "Te Amo Siempre".
- Nominated for 4 MTV Video Music Awards for her "Dirrty" video including, Best Female Video, Best Dance Video, Best Pop Video and Best Choreography in a Video.
- Debuted on national TV at age 8 on _"Star Search" (1983)_ (qv).
- Her mom, Shelly Kearns, was voted #2 for best showbiz mom, according to an In Touch magazine poll. She was out voted by 'Justin Timberlake' (qv)'s mother, Lynn Harless.