Dec. 18th, 1980
Staten Island, New York, USA
5' 1 1/2
Christina Aguilera's Main TV Roles[no roles found]
Main Movie Roles2013 - Bettie Page Reveals All
2010 - Exit Through the Gift Shop
2008 - Shine a Light
2006 - Herbie Hancock: Possibilities
2004 - Shark Tale
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Christina Maria Aguilera was born on December 18, 1980, in Staten Island, New York. Her parents divorced when she was young and she lived with her mother, although they moved around quite a bit. Christina's goal almost since birth was to be a singer, and at age 12 she was invited to audition for "MMC" (1989). She wound up getting the part and stayed there for a few years, until the show ended. In 1999 she had her breakthrough hit, "Genie in a Bottle". Since then she's made millions of fans, sold millions of records and has won many awards, including a Grammy for best new female artist. She has even made a Latin album and will be working on a second one. A Christmas album has also been released.
- Won a Grammy for "Best New Artist" in February 2000.
- Won the 2002 Grammy (best collaboration) with Lil' Kim, Mya, & Pink for her work in the 'Moulin Rouge' song 'Lady Marmalade'.
- 'Sharon Stone (I)' (qv) and 'Justin Timberlake' (qv) were among the 130 guests at her wedding to Jordan Bratman.
- Was best friends with 'Britney Spears' (qv) when they performed together on _"MMC" (1989)_ (qv)
- Is mentioned in 'Eminem' (qv)'s song "The real Slim Shady" and is spoofed in the song's music video
- Debuted on national TV at age 8 on _"Star Search" (1983)_ (qv).
- Will receive a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. Other inductees include 'Brooks and Dunn' (qv), 'Ricky Martin (I)' (qv), 'Red Hot Chili Peppers' (qv), 'George Harrison (I)' (qv), 'Angela Bassett' (qv), 'Cate Blanchett' (qv), 'Tim Robbins (I)' (qv), 'Stan Lee (I)' (qv) and 'Howie Mandel (I)' (qv).
- With co-performers 'Kimberly 'Lil' Kim' Jones' (qv), won two awards at the 2001 MTV Video Music Awards for "Lady Marmalade." One was for the prestigious 'Best Video Of The Year' award and the other for the 'Best Song From A Movie Soundtrack' award (Moulin Rouge).