Aug. 18th, 1969
New York City, New York, USA
Christian Slater's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Christian Michael Leonard Slater (born August 18, 1969) in New York to 'Michael Hawkins', a well-known soap actor and 'Mary Jo Slater', a casting agent. Slater started in show business early, appearing on the soap opera The Edge of Night (1956) in 1976 at the age of 7. He went on to star in many Broadway shows in the early-1980s.
He rose to fame in Hollywood after landing the role of Binx Davey in The Legend of Billie Jean (1985). He moved to Los Angeles in 1987 to pursue a further acting career after dropping out of high school. After having a starring role in the cult hit Heathers (1988), he became somewhat known as the Hollywood bad-boy, having many run-ins with the law. He is also well-known for having dated stars such as 'Winona Ryder', 'Christina Applegate', 'Samantha Mathis' and was at one time engaged to actress/model 'Nina Huang'.
In 2000, he married Ryan Haddon, the daughter of 70s model Dayle Haddon. The couple have two children; Jaden Christopher (b. 1999) and Eliana Sophia (b. 2001). As of early 2005 they separated and later divorced, but remain dedicated to bring up their children.
- Is good friends with actress 'Sandra Bernhard' (qv).
- Born and reared in New York.
- Attended Dalton School and the Professional Children's School.
- November 2005: Sold his house in Brentwood, California, to move back to his native New York.
- He was arrested at New York's John F. Kennedy Airport in December 1994 and charged with criminal possession of a weapon (the actor had packed a handgun). Slater reached a plea agreement in early 1995 that required him to spend three days working with homeless children.
- (December 1999) Sold his house in the Hollywood Hills to 'Tim Allen (I)' (qv).
- As a teenager, he appeared in the musical "Merlin," one of the most expensive and most notorious flops in Broadway history. The show had been conceived as a vehicle for 'Doug Henning (I)' (qv)'s magic, with Henning playing the eponymous wizard. Slater played "Young Merlin" and "Arthur"; other stars included 'Chita Rivera' (qv) and 'Nathan Lane (I)' (qv) (in what was only his second Broadway role).
- British stage debut as Randle P. McMurphy in "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest" in August of 2004, delayed by a bout of chicken pox. Received a standing ovation on his first night playing McMurphy in "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest" on the London stage.