Aug. 18th, 1969
New York City, New York, USA
Christian Slater's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Christian Michael Leonard Slater (born August 18, 1969) in New York to 'Michael Hawkins', a well-known soap actor and 'Mary Jo Slater', a casting agent. Slater started in show business early, appearing on the soap opera The Edge of Night (1956) in 1976 at the age of 7. He went on to star in many Broadway shows in the early-1980s.
He rose to fame in Hollywood after landing the role of Binx Davey in The Legend of Billie Jean (1985). He moved to Los Angeles in 1987 to pursue a further acting career after dropping out of high school. After having a starring role in the cult hit Heathers (1988), he became somewhat known as the Hollywood bad-boy, having many run-ins with the law. He is also well-known for having dated stars such as 'Winona Ryder', 'Christina Applegate', 'Samantha Mathis' and was at one time engaged to actress/model 'Nina Huang'.
In 2000, he married Ryan Haddon, the daughter of 70s model Dayle Haddon. The couple have two children; Jaden Christopher (b. 1999) and Eliana Sophia (b. 2001). As of early 2005 they separated and later divorced, but remain dedicated to bring up their children.
- No relation to actress Helen Slater, who, ironically, played his sister in the movie The Legend of Billie Jean.
- Attended Dalton School and the Professional Children's School.
- (9 Dec 1997) Sentenced to three months in jail (he served 59 days in a private L.A. jail in La Verne, California), and 36 months probation for assaulting his girlfriend Michelle Jonas and a police officer, as well as cocaine abuse.
- His godfather was the late soap actor 'Michael Zaslow' (qv).
- (15 August 2001) Daughter, Eliana Sophia, born.
- Is of English/Irish descent.
- (December 1999) Sold his house in the Hollywood Hills to 'Tim Allen (I)' (qv).
- Made his theater debut in "The Music Man" at the age of 9.