Feb. 7th, 1965
Andrews, South Carolina, USA
Chris Rock's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Chris Rock (I) was raised in Bedford-Stuyvesant, which is in Brooklyn, New York. He has been in stand-up comedy for over twelve years. He made his big screen debut in Beverly Hills Cop II (1987) and spent three years on the cast of "Saturday Night Live" (1975). He does commercials for 1-800 Collect and Nike and covered the presidential campaign for the show "Politically Incorrect" (1994). He now lives in Alpine, New Jersey.
- Son of 'Julius Rock' (qv) and 'Rose Rock' (qv).
- Is a big 'Woody Allen' (qv) fan.
- During his monologue at the _The 77th Annual Academy Awards (2005) (TV)_ (qv), he quipped, "If you want 'Russell Crowe' (qv), and all you can get is 'Colin Farrell (I)' (qv), wait!" Coincidentally, 'Oliver Stone (I)' (qv) pursued Crowe for the title role of _Alexander (2004)_ (qv), yet ended up casting Farrell in the part instead. The film turned out to be one of the most critically panned movies that year.
- Daughter, Lola Simone, born 28 June 2002 in New York City.
- Enjoys a wide range of music such as 'Jay-Z' (qv), 'Red Hot Chili Peppers' (qv), 'DMX' (qv), 'Boy George' (qv), 'Elvis Costello' (qv), 'Eminem' (qv) and 'Smashing Pumpkins' (qv).
- In 1993, Paramount offered him the role of Lamont Sanford in a purposed film update of _"Sanford and Son" (1972)_ (qv). He called the idea "insane" and, because of his affection for the late 'Redd Foxx (I)' (qv), lobbied to have the production halted. It was.
- Supports Senator 'Barack Obama' (qv)'s bid to win the Democratic nomination for the 2008 presidential election.
- His older half-brother, Charles, died in February 2006.