Feb. 7th, 1965
Andrews, South Carolina, USA
Chris Rock's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Chris Rock (I) was raised in Bedford-Stuyvesant, which is in Brooklyn, New York. He has been in stand-up comedy for over twelve years. He made his big screen debut in Beverly Hills Cop II (1987) and spent three years on the cast of "Saturday Night Live" (1975). He does commercials for 1-800 Collect and Nike and covered the presidential campaign for the show "Politically Incorrect" (1994). He now lives in Alpine, New Jersey.
- He has five younger siblings, Andre, 'Tony Rock (II)' (qv), Brian (a minister), 'Kenny Rock' (qv), Andi, and a half-sibling, Jordan.
- In 1993, Paramount offered him the role of Lamont Sanford in a purposed film update of _"Sanford and Son" (1972)_ (qv). He called the idea "insane" and, because of his affection for the late 'Redd Foxx (I)' (qv), lobbied to have the production halted. It was.
- Discovered by 'Eddie Murphy (I)' (qv).
- Has written a book, "Rock This," and released two comedy albums.
- 12 March 2003: Received star on Hollywood Walk of Fame.
- Daughter, Lola Simone, born 28 June 2002 in New York City.
- Points to 'Eddie Murphy (I)' (qv) as his role model and inspiration for taking up comedy and acting.
- Chosen as #5 in Comedy Central's 100 Greatest Stand-Ups of All Time (April 2004).