Feb. 7th, 1965
Andrews, South Carolina, USA
Guest TV Roles
Himself - Comedian
Chris Rock (I) was raised in Bedford-Stuyvesant, which is in Brooklyn, New York. He has been in stand-up comedy for over twelve years. He made his big screen debut in Beverly Hills Cop II (1987) and spent three years on the cast of "Saturday Night Live" (1975). He does commercials for 1-800 Collect and Nike and covered the presidential campaign for the show "Politically Incorrect" (1994). He now lives in Alpine, New Jersey.
- Began his first-ever tour of Britain in January 2008.
- Older brother of 'Tony Rock (II)' (qv) and 'Kenny Rock' (qv).
- Son of 'Julius Rock' (qv) and 'Rose Rock' (qv).
- Attended the opening of 'Oprah Winfrey' (qv)'s school in South Africa.
- Chosen as #5 in Comedy Central's 100 Greatest Stand-Ups of All Time (April 2004).
- 12 March 2003: Received star on Hollywood Walk of Fame.
- Points to 'Eddie Murphy (I)' (qv) as his role model and inspiration for taking up comedy and acting.
- Formerly held the world record for having the largest audience during a live-comedy performance when he performed in front of 15.900 people in London in May 2008. The record was broken by 'Mario Barth' (qv) in July 2008.