Feb. 7th, 1965
Andrews, South Carolina, USA
Chris Rock's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Chris Rock (I) was raised in Bedford-Stuyvesant, which is in Brooklyn, New York. He has been in stand-up comedy for over twelve years. He made his big screen debut in Beverly Hills Cop II (1987) and spent three years on the cast of "Saturday Night Live" (1975). He does commercials for 1-800 Collect and Nike and covered the presidential campaign for the show "Politically Incorrect" (1994). He now lives in Alpine, New Jersey.
- Supports Senator 'Barack Obama' (qv)'s bid to win the Democratic nomination for the 2008 presidential election.
- Is a fan of the TV series _"Seinfeld" (1990)_ (qv) and has been known to make references to the show in many of his stand-up routines.
- Began his first-ever tour of Britain in January 2008.
- Attended the opening of 'Oprah Winfrey' (qv)'s school in South Africa.
- In 1993, Paramount offered him the role of Lamont Sanford in a purposed film update of _"Sanford and Son" (1972)_ (qv). He called the idea "insane" and, because of his affection for the late 'Redd Foxx (I)' (qv), lobbied to have the production halted. It was.
- Hosted the _The 77th Annual Academy Awards (2005) (TV)_ (qv) on February 27, 2005, and, despite concerns over the content of his monologue, he mostly kept it clean.
- His wife, 'Malaak Compton' (qv), was featured in "Redbook Magazine" as one of the winners of the 2002 Mothers & Shakers Awards. Malaak is the founder and executive director of StyleWorks, a non-profit, full-service salon that provides free services for women leaving welfare and entering the work force.
- Points to 'Eddie Murphy (I)' (qv) as his role model and inspiration for taking up comedy and acting.