Feb. 7th, 1965
Andrews, South Carolina, USA
Guest TV Roles
Himself - Comedian
Himself - Top Ten List Presenter: #5
Himself - Comedian
Chris Rock (I) was raised in Bedford-Stuyvesant, which is in Brooklyn, New York. He has been in stand-up comedy for over twelve years. He made his big screen debut in Beverly Hills Cop II (1987) and spent three years on the cast of "Saturday Night Live" (1975). He does commercials for 1-800 Collect and Nike and covered the presidential campaign for the show "Politically Incorrect" (1994). He now lives in Alpine, New Jersey.
- Is a fan of the TV series _"Seinfeld" (1990)_ (qv) and has been known to make references to the show in many of his stand-up routines.
- During his monologue at the _The 77th Annual Academy Awards (2005) (TV)_ (qv), he quipped, "If you want 'Russell Crowe' (qv), and all you can get is 'Colin Farrell (I)' (qv), wait!" Coincidentally, 'Oliver Stone (I)' (qv) pursued Crowe for the title role of _Alexander (2004)_ (qv), yet ended up casting Farrell in the part instead. The film turned out to be one of the most critically panned movies that year.
- Second daughter, Zahra Savannah born 22 May 2004.
- Was good friends with 'Chris Farley' (qv).
- His wife, 'Malaak Compton' (qv), was featured in "Redbook Magazine" as one of the winners of the 2002 Mothers & Shakers Awards. Malaak is the founder and executive director of StyleWorks, a non-profit, full-service salon that provides free services for women leaving welfare and entering the work force.
- Formerly held the world record for having the largest audience during a live-comedy performance when he performed in front of 15.900 people in London in May 2008. The record was broken by 'Mario Barth' (qv) in July 2008.
- Has written a book, "Rock This," and released two comedy albums.
- Older brother of 'Tony Rock (II)' (qv) and 'Kenny Rock' (qv).