Feb. 7th, 1965
Andrews, South Carolina, USA
Guest TV Roles
Himself - Comedian
Chris Rock (I) was raised in Bedford-Stuyvesant, which is in Brooklyn, New York. He has been in stand-up comedy for over twelve years. He made his big screen debut in Beverly Hills Cop II (1987) and spent three years on the cast of "Saturday Night Live" (1975). He does commercials for 1-800 Collect and Nike and covered the presidential campaign for the show "Politically Incorrect" (1994). He now lives in Alpine, New Jersey.
- Formerly held the world record for having the largest audience during a live-comedy performance when he performed in front of 15.900 people in London in May 2008. The record was broken by 'Mario Barth' (qv) in July 2008.
- Enjoys a wide range of music such as 'Jay-Z' (qv), 'Red Hot Chili Peppers' (qv), 'DMX' (qv), 'Boy George' (qv), 'Elvis Costello' (qv), 'Eminem' (qv) and 'Smashing Pumpkins' (qv).
- In 1993, Paramount offered him the role of Lamont Sanford in a purposed film update of _"Sanford and Son" (1972)_ (qv). He called the idea "insane" and, because of his affection for the late 'Redd Foxx (I)' (qv), lobbied to have the production halted. It was.
- Was good friends with 'Chris Farley' (qv).
- Chosen as #5 in Comedy Central's 100 Greatest Stand-Ups of All Time (April 2004).
- 12 March 2003: Received star on Hollywood Walk of Fame.
- Is close friends with 'Jerry Seinfeld' (qv), 'Adam Sandler (I)' (qv), 'David Spade' (qv) and 'Mario Joyner' (qv).
- Was considered for the role of Huggy Bear in _Starsky & Hutch (2004)_ (qv).