Feb. 7th, 1965
Andrews, South Carolina, USA
Guest TV Roles
Himself - Comedian
Chris Rock (I) was raised in Bedford-Stuyvesant, which is in Brooklyn, New York. He has been in stand-up comedy for over twelve years. He made his big screen debut in Beverly Hills Cop II (1987) and spent three years on the cast of "Saturday Night Live" (1975). He does commercials for 1-800 Collect and Nike and covered the presidential campaign for the show "Politically Incorrect" (1994). He now lives in Alpine, New Jersey.
- Enjoys a wide range of music such as 'Jay-Z' (qv), 'Red Hot Chili Peppers' (qv), 'DMX' (qv), 'Boy George' (qv), 'Elvis Costello' (qv), 'Eminem' (qv) and 'Smashing Pumpkins' (qv).
- Older brother of 'Tony Rock (II)' (qv) and 'Kenny Rock' (qv).
- Has written a book, "Rock This," and released two comedy albums.
- Was good friends with 'Chris Farley' (qv).
- During his monologue at the _The 77th Annual Academy Awards (2005) (TV)_ (qv), he quipped, "If you want 'Russell Crowe' (qv), and all you can get is 'Colin Farrell (I)' (qv), wait!" Coincidentally, 'Oliver Stone (I)' (qv) pursued Crowe for the title role of _Alexander (2004)_ (qv), yet ended up casting Farrell in the part instead. The film turned out to be one of the most critically panned movies that year.
- Second daughter, Zahra Savannah born 22 May 2004.
- He has five younger siblings, Andre, 'Tony Rock (II)' (qv), Brian (a minister), 'Kenny Rock' (qv), Andi, and a half-sibling, Jordan.
- Is a fan of the TV series _"Seinfeld" (1990)_ (qv) and has been known to make references to the show in many of his stand-up routines.