Feb. 7th, 1965
Andrews, South Carolina, USA
Chris Rock's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Chris Rock (I) was raised in Bedford-Stuyvesant, which is in Brooklyn, New York. He has been in stand-up comedy for over twelve years. He made his big screen debut in Beverly Hills Cop II (1987) and spent three years on the cast of "Saturday Night Live" (1975). He does commercials for 1-800 Collect and Nike and covered the presidential campaign for the show "Politically Incorrect" (1994). He now lives in Alpine, New Jersey.
- During his monologue at the _The 77th Annual Academy Awards (2005) (TV)_ (qv), he quipped, "If you want 'Russell Crowe' (qv), and all you can get is 'Colin Farrell (I)' (qv), wait!" Coincidentally, 'Oliver Stone (I)' (qv) pursued Crowe for the title role of _Alexander (2004)_ (qv), yet ended up casting Farrell in the part instead. The film turned out to be one of the most critically panned movies that year.
- His wife, 'Malaak Compton' (qv), was featured in "Redbook Magazine" as one of the winners of the 2002 Mothers & Shakers Awards. Malaak is the founder and executive director of StyleWorks, a non-profit, full-service salon that provides free services for women leaving welfare and entering the work force.
- Was considered for the role of Huggy Bear in _Starsky & Hutch (2004)_ (qv).
- 12 March 2003: Received star on Hollywood Walk of Fame.
- In 1993, Paramount offered him the role of Lamont Sanford in a purposed film update of _"Sanford and Son" (1972)_ (qv). He called the idea "insane" and, because of his affection for the late 'Redd Foxx (I)' (qv), lobbied to have the production halted. It was.
- Daughter, Lola Simone, born 28 June 2002 in New York City.
- He has five younger siblings, Andre, 'Tony Rock (II)' (qv), Brian (a minister), 'Kenny Rock' (qv), Andi, and a half-sibling, Jordan.
- Was voted the funniest person in America by Entertainment Weekly.