Feb. 7th, 1965
Andrews, South Carolina, USA
Chris Rock's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Chris Rock (I) was raised in Bedford-Stuyvesant, which is in Brooklyn, New York. He has been in stand-up comedy for over twelve years. He made his big screen debut in Beverly Hills Cop II (1987) and spent three years on the cast of "Saturday Night Live" (1975). He does commercials for 1-800 Collect and Nike and covered the presidential campaign for the show "Politically Incorrect" (1994). He now lives in Alpine, New Jersey.
- Formerly held the world record for having the largest audience during a live-comedy performance when he performed in front of 15.900 people in London in May 2008. The record was broken by 'Mario Barth' (qv) in July 2008.
- His older half-brother, Charles, died in February 2006.
- Has the rare distinction of being in two movies that opened on the same day in the U.S. - _The Longest Yard (2005)_ (qv) and _Madagascar (2005)_ (qv) (May 27, 2005). Both of them stayed at the two top spots at the box office the following weeks, knocking down the last installment of the Star Wars Saga, _Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith (2005)_ (qv). Both became members of the 100 million dollar club.
- Attended the opening of 'Oprah Winfrey' (qv)'s school in South Africa.
- He has five younger siblings, Andre, 'Tony Rock (II)' (qv), Brian (a minister), 'Kenny Rock' (qv), Andi, and a half-sibling, Jordan.
- Discovered by 'Eddie Murphy (I)' (qv).
- Began his first-ever tour of Britain in January 2008.
- Hosted the _The 77th Annual Academy Awards (2005) (TV)_ (qv) on February 27, 2005, and, despite concerns over the content of his monologue, he mostly kept it clean.