Feb. 7th, 1965
Andrews, South Carolina, USA
Guest TV Roles
Himself - Comedian
Chris Rock (I) was raised in Bedford-Stuyvesant, which is in Brooklyn, New York. He has been in stand-up comedy for over twelve years. He made his big screen debut in Beverly Hills Cop II (1987) and spent three years on the cast of "Saturday Night Live" (1975). He does commercials for 1-800 Collect and Nike and covered the presidential campaign for the show "Politically Incorrect" (1994). He now lives in Alpine, New Jersey.
- His wife, 'Malaak Compton' (qv), was featured in "Redbook Magazine" as one of the winners of the 2002 Mothers & Shakers Awards. Malaak is the founder and executive director of StyleWorks, a non-profit, full-service salon that provides free services for women leaving welfare and entering the work force.
- In 1993, Paramount offered him the role of Lamont Sanford in a purposed film update of _"Sanford and Son" (1972)_ (qv). He called the idea "insane" and, because of his affection for the late 'Redd Foxx (I)' (qv), lobbied to have the production halted. It was.
- Son of 'Julius Rock' (qv) and 'Rose Rock' (qv).
- Discovered by 'Eddie Murphy (I)' (qv).
- Enjoys a wide range of music such as 'Jay-Z' (qv), 'Red Hot Chili Peppers' (qv), 'DMX' (qv), 'Boy George' (qv), 'Elvis Costello' (qv), 'Eminem' (qv) and 'Smashing Pumpkins' (qv).
- Older brother of 'Tony Rock (II)' (qv) and 'Kenny Rock' (qv).
- Second daughter, Zahra Savannah born 22 May 2004.
- Was good friends with 'Chris Farley' (qv).