Feb. 7th, 1965
Andrews, South Carolina, USA
Guest TV Roles
Himself - Comedian
Himself - Top Ten List Presenter: #5
Himself - Comedian
Chris Rock (I) was raised in Bedford-Stuyvesant, which is in Brooklyn, New York. He has been in stand-up comedy for over twelve years. He made his big screen debut in Beverly Hills Cop II (1987) and spent three years on the cast of "Saturday Night Live" (1975). He does commercials for 1-800 Collect and Nike and covered the presidential campaign for the show "Politically Incorrect" (1994). He now lives in Alpine, New Jersey.
- Is a fan of the TV series _"Seinfeld" (1990)_ (qv) and has been known to make references to the show in many of his stand-up routines.
- Has the rare distinction of being in two movies that opened on the same day in the U.S. - _The Longest Yard (2005)_ (qv) and _Madagascar (2005)_ (qv) (May 27, 2005). Both of them stayed at the two top spots at the box office the following weeks, knocking down the last installment of the Star Wars Saga, _Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith (2005)_ (qv). Both became members of the 100 million dollar club.
- Discovered by 'Eddie Murphy (I)' (qv).
- Second daughter, Zahra Savannah born 22 May 2004.
- Chosen as #5 in Comedy Central's 100 Greatest Stand-Ups of All Time (April 2004).
- His wife, 'Malaak Compton' (qv), was featured in "Redbook Magazine" as one of the winners of the 2002 Mothers & Shakers Awards. Malaak is the founder and executive director of StyleWorks, a non-profit, full-service salon that provides free services for women leaving welfare and entering the work force.
- Enjoys a wide range of music such as 'Jay-Z' (qv), 'Red Hot Chili Peppers' (qv), 'DMX' (qv), 'Boy George' (qv), 'Elvis Costello' (qv), 'Eminem' (qv) and 'Smashing Pumpkins' (qv).
- Hosted the _The 77th Annual Academy Awards (2005) (TV)_ (qv) on February 27, 2005, and, despite concerns over the content of his monologue, he mostly kept it clean.