Feb. 7th, 1965
Andrews, South Carolina, USA
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Chris Rock (I) was raised in Bedford-Stuyvesant, which is in Brooklyn, New York. He has been in stand-up comedy for over twelve years. He made his big screen debut in Beverly Hills Cop II (1987) and spent three years on the cast of "Saturday Night Live" (1975). He does commercials for 1-800 Collect and Nike and covered the presidential campaign for the show "Politically Incorrect" (1994). He now lives in Alpine, New Jersey.
- Discovered by 'Eddie Murphy (I)' (qv).
- Was good friends with 'Chris Farley' (qv).
- In 1993, Paramount offered him the role of Lamont Sanford in a purposed film update of _"Sanford and Son" (1972)_ (qv). He called the idea "insane" and, because of his affection for the late 'Redd Foxx (I)' (qv), lobbied to have the production halted. It was.
- Began his first-ever tour of Britain in January 2008.
- Was considered for the role of Huggy Bear in _Starsky & Hutch (2004)_ (qv).
- Chosen as #5 in Comedy Central's 100 Greatest Stand-Ups of All Time (April 2004).
- Is a big 'Woody Allen' (qv) fan.
- Hosted the _The 77th Annual Academy Awards (2005) (TV)_ (qv) on February 27, 2005, and, despite concerns over the content of his monologue, he mostly kept it clean.