Feb. 7th, 1965
Andrews, South Carolina, USA
Guest TV Roles
Chris Rock (I) was raised in Bedford-Stuyvesant, which is in Brooklyn, New York. He has been in stand-up comedy for over twelve years. He made his big screen debut in Beverly Hills Cop II (1987) and spent three years on the cast of "Saturday Night Live" (1975). He does commercials for 1-800 Collect and Nike and covered the presidential campaign for the show "Politically Incorrect" (1994). He now lives in Alpine, New Jersey.
- Was considered for the role of Huggy Bear in _Starsky & Hutch (2004)_ (qv).
- 12 March 2003: Received star on Hollywood Walk of Fame.
- His wife, 'Malaak Compton' (qv), was featured in "Redbook Magazine" as one of the winners of the 2002 Mothers & Shakers Awards. Malaak is the founder and executive director of StyleWorks, a non-profit, full-service salon that provides free services for women leaving welfare and entering the work force.
- Older brother of 'Tony Rock (II)' (qv) and 'Kenny Rock' (qv).
- Has the rare distinction of being in two movies that opened on the same day in the U.S. - _The Longest Yard (2005)_ (qv) and _Madagascar (2005)_ (qv) (May 27, 2005). Both of them stayed at the two top spots at the box office the following weeks, knocking down the last installment of the Star Wars Saga, _Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith (2005)_ (qv). Both became members of the 100 million dollar club.
- Son of 'Julius Rock' (qv) and 'Rose Rock' (qv).
- Second daughter, Zahra Savannah born 22 May 2004.
- He has five younger siblings, Andre, 'Tony Rock (II)' (qv), Brian (a minister), 'Kenny Rock' (qv), Andi, and a half-sibling, Jordan.