Feb. 7th, 1965
Andrews, South Carolina, USA
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Chris Rock (I) was raised in Bedford-Stuyvesant, which is in Brooklyn, New York. He has been in stand-up comedy for over twelve years. He made his big screen debut in Beverly Hills Cop II (1987) and spent three years on the cast of "Saturday Night Live" (1975). He does commercials for 1-800 Collect and Nike and covered the presidential campaign for the show "Politically Incorrect" (1994). He now lives in Alpine, New Jersey.
- Was good friends with 'Chris Farley' (qv).
- Hosted the _The 77th Annual Academy Awards (2005) (TV)_ (qv) on February 27, 2005, and, despite concerns over the content of his monologue, he mostly kept it clean.
- Was voted the funniest person in America by Entertainment Weekly.
- Son of 'Julius Rock' (qv) and 'Rose Rock' (qv).
- Began his first-ever tour of Britain in January 2008.
- Second daughter, Zahra Savannah born 22 May 2004.
- Has written a book, "Rock This," and released two comedy albums.
- Points to 'Eddie Murphy (I)' (qv) as his role model and inspiration for taking up comedy and acting.