Nov. 13th, 1954
Madison, Wisconsin, USA
6' 1 1/2"
Chris Noth's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2009 - My One and Only
2009 - Frame Of Mind
2005 - The Perfect Man
2004 - Mr 3000
2001 - Double Whammy
2001 - The Glass House
2000 - Cast Away
1999 - The Confession
1993 - Naked in New York
1987 - Baby Boom
1986 - Off Beat
Guest TV Roles
Off. Ron Lipsky
FBI Special Agent Drew Haley
Detective Mike Logan
Chris Noth was born in Madison, Wisconsin, on 13 November 1954. In his youth, he traveled and lived in England, Yugoslavia and Spain, but never stayed in the same place for long. His mother, Jeanne Parr, was a CBS news reporter. Chris studied with Sanford Meisner before graduating from the Yale School of Drama. He continues to build upon a versatile career in film, television and on stage.
Some of his screen ventures include Robert Zemeckis's Cast Away (2000), starring Tom Hanks; Tom DiCillo's Double Whammy (2001) with Denis Leary and Elizabeth Hurley (I); and the independent film Searching for Paradise (2002). Other film credits include A Texas Funeral (1999), Getting to Know You (1999), The Broken Giant (1998), Cold Around the Heart (1997), Naked in New York (1993), The Confession (1999), and Mr 3000 (2004). He recently could be seen in The Perfect Man (2005) opposite Hilary Duff and Heather Locklear.
Noth is reprising his role as "Detective Mike Logan" on "Law & Order: Criminal Intent" (2001). He originated this character during the first five seasons of "Law & Order" (1990). Noth received a Golden Globe nomination for his performance as "Mr. Big" on HBO's "Sex and the City" (1998). He recently starred in and was executive producer of the TNT Original film Bad Apple (2004) (TV), and starred as Roman general "Pompey" in the TNT epic miniseries Julius Caesar (2002) (TV), opposite Christopher Walken and Richard Harris (I). Noth's other television movies include Exiled (1998) (TV) (in which he again played "Detective Mike Logan"), TNT's Rough Riders (1997) (TV), and Abducted: A Father's Love (1996) (TV).
Noth recently received rave reviews as "Teach" in "American Buffalo" at the Berkshire Theatre Festival. He enjoyed a successful Broadway run of the revival of Gore Vidal's "The Best Man", starring opposite Charles Durning and Michael Learned. His most recent New York performance was Christopher Shinn's "What Didn't Happen" at Playwright's Horizons. He has also performed at the American Shakespeare Festival in Connecticut; New York's Manhattan Theatre Club, Circle Rep, La Mama, and Roundabout Theater; the Seattle Repertory Theater; and the Mark Taper Forum in Los Angeles.
- Was in a longterm relationship with supermodel/actress 'Beverly Johnson (III)' (qv).
- His father, Charles Noth, was an insurance salesman.
- Was a guest at 'Sarah Jessica Parker' (qv)'s 40th birthday party.
- He toured Vietnam with singer 'Nanci Griffith' (qv) to support the Vietnam Veterans of America Foundation's campaign against land mines.
- His brother made a few appearances on _"Law & Order" (1990)_ (qv) as a court clerk.
- He spent three years as an undergraduate at Marlboro College in southern Vermont.
- Was the last original cast member of _"Law & Order" (1990)_ (qv) to leave the series. Although 'Steven Hill (I)' (qv) (District Attorney Adam Schiff) is often touted as an original cast member, he did not appear in the series until after its first episode.
- Attended Vermont's Marlboro College before going to the Yale School of Drama.