Nov. 13th, 1954
Madison, Wisconsin, USA
Chris Noth's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2009 - My One and Only
2009 - Frame Of Mind
2005 - The Perfect Man
2004 - Mr 3000
2001 - Double Whammy
2001 - The Glass House
2000 - Cast Away
1999 - The Confession
1993 - Naked in New York
1987 - Baby Boom
1986 - Off Beat
Guest TV Roles
Off. Ron Lipsky
FBI Special Agent Drew Haley
Detective Mike Logan
Chris Noth (born November 13, 1954) in Madison, Wisconsin. In his youth, he traveled and lived in England, Yugoslavia and Spain, but never stayed in the same place for long. His mother, 'Jeanne Parr', was a CBS news reporter. Chris studied with 'Sanford Meisner' before graduating from the Yale School of Drama. He continues to build upon a versatile career in film, television and on stage.
Some of his screen ventures include Robert Zemeckis's Cast Away (2000), starring 'Tom Hanks'; Tom DiCillo's Double Whammy (2001) with 'Denis Leary' and 'Elizabeth Hurley'; and the independent film Searching for Paradise (2002). Other film credits include A Texas Funeral (1999), Getting to Know You (1999), The Broken Giant (1998), Cold Around the Heart (1997), Naked in New York (1993), The Confession (1999), and Mr 3000 (2004). He recently could be seen in The Perfect Man (2005) opposite 'Hilary Duff' and 'Heather Locklear'.
Noth is reprising his role as Detective Mike Logan on Law & Order: Criminal Intent (2001). He originated this character during the first five seasons of Law & Order (1990). Noth received a Golden Globe nomination for his performance as Mr. Big on HBO's Sex and the City (1998). He recently starred in and was executive producer of the TNT Original film Bad Apple (2004), and starred as Roman general Pompey in the TNT epic miniseries Julius Caesar (2002), opposite 'Christopher Walken' and 'Richard Harris'. Noth's other television movies include Exiled (1998) in which he again played Detective Mike Logan, TNT's Rough Riders (1997), and Abducted: A Father's Love (1996).
Noth recently received rave reviews as Teach in American Buffalo at the Berkshire Theatre Festival. He enjoyed a successful Broadway run of the revival of Gore Vidal's The Best Man, starring opposite 'Charles Durning' and 'Michael Learned'. His most recent New York performance was Christopher Shinn's What Didn't Happen at Playwright's Horizons. He has also performed at the American Shakespeare Festival in Connecticut; New York's Manhattan Theatre Club, Circle Rep, La Mama, and Roundabout Theater; the Seattle Repertory Theater; and the Mark Taper Forum in Los Angeles.
- He spent three years as an undergraduate at Marlboro College in southern Vermont.
- He toured Vietnam with singer 'Nanci Griffith' (qv) to support the Vietnam Veterans of America Foundation's campaign against land mines.
- Mother, 'Jeanne Parr' (qv), was a television news reporter (European correspondent) for CBS.
- Met his longtime girlfriend, 'Tara Wilson (I)' (qv), while she was working at The Cutting Room, the New York City lounge and music club that he co-owns.
- Was in a longterm relationship with supermodel/actress 'Beverly Johnson (III)' (qv).
- Co-owns The Cutting Room, a lounge and music club in New York City's Flatiron District, with Steve Walter, a Berklee College of Music alumnus. Since opening in 1999, 'Gwyneth Paltrow' (qv), 'Sheryl Crow' (qv), and 'Norah Jones' (qv) are among the many people who have performed there.
- His father's name, Noth, originates from the Strasbourg region of eastern France on the border of Germany--now called Alsace-Lorraine, where the name is properly pronounced "note." In his case, however, it rhymes with "both.".
- Was a guest at 'Sarah Jessica Parker' (qv)'s 40th birthday party.