Mar. 14th, 1979
Hinsdale, Illinois, USA
Chris Klein's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Possessing the sort of apple-cheeked, translucent-skinned All-American wholesomeness that has made him a natural for the pretty-boy jock roles that began his career, Chris Klein started a minor sensation after appearing in only two films. The actor, who is a testament to both good public relations and the American appetite for all that is young, athletic, and bearing no discernible acne scars, was born in Hinsdale, Illinois, on March 14, 1979. After spending the first thirteen years of his life there, he moved with his family to Nebraska. It was while he was in high school that Klein was discovered by director Alexander Payne (I), who was busy casting his upcoming film, Election (1999). Klein won the role of Paul Metzler in Payne's film, which opened to enthusiastic reviews. As Paul, Klein played the dim but sweet football player persuaded by Matthew Broderick (I)'s Jim McAllister to run against the unopposed Tracy Flick (Reese Witherspoon) in the school's student council election.
- (December 2008) Broke up with 'Ginnifer Goodwin' (qv), his girlfriend of two years.
- Played Tony in his high school production of West Side Story.
- Played quarterback and linebacker in High School.
- Has an older sister and a younger brother.
- Moved to Omaha, Nebraska, USA at age 13.
- Engagement to actress 'Katie Holmes' (qv) called off in March 2005.
- Appeared with _Rollerball (2002)_ (qv) co-star 'LL Cool J' (qv) on World Wrestling Entertainment programming early in 2002 to promote the film in which several WWE Superstars appear. Another WWE connection to the film is that WWE owner 'Vince McMahon' (qv) executive produced Rollerball.
- Is a member of Lambda Chi Alpha fraternity.