Mar. 14th, 1979
Hinsdale, Illinois, USA
Chris Klein's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2014 - Authors Anonymous
2012 - American Reunion
2010 - Caught in the Crossfire
2009 - Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun-Li
2009 - The Six Wives of Henry Lefay
2008 - Hank and Mike
2007 - The Good Life
2007 - Day Zero
2006 - Lenexa, 1 Mile
2006 - American Dreamz
2005 - The Long Weekend
2002 - We Were Soldiers
2002 - Rollerball
2001 - Say It Isn't So
2001 - American Pie 2
1999 - American Pie
1999 - Election
Guest TV Roles
Possessing the sort of apple-cheeked, translucent-skinned All-American wholesomeness that has made him a natural for the pretty-boy jock roles that began his career, Chris Klein started a minor sensation after appearing in only two films. The actor, who is a testament to both good public relations and the American appetite for all that is young, athletic, and bearing no discernible acne scars, was born in Hinsdale, Illinois, on March 14, 1979. After spending the first thirteen years of his life there, he moved with his family to Nebraska. It was while he was in high school that Klein was discovered by director Alexander Payne (I), who was busy casting his upcoming film, Election (1999). Klein won the role of Paul Metzler in Payne's film, which opened to enthusiastic reviews. As Paul, Klein played the dim but sweet football player persuaded by Matthew Broderick (I)'s Jim McAllister to run against the unopposed Tracy Flick (Reese Witherspoon) in the school's student council election.
- Played quarterback and linebacker in High School.
- His mother is a teacher in Orange County, California
- Engagement to actress 'Katie Holmes' (qv) called off in March 2005.
- Is a member of Lambda Chi Alpha fraternity.
- Moved to Omaha, Nebraska, USA at age 13.
- Proposed to girlfriend of four years, 'Katie Holmes' (qv), during Christmas 2003 at her family's home in Ohio. Asked her father's permission first.
- Appeared with _Rollerball (2002)_ (qv) co-star 'LL Cool J' (qv) on World Wrestling Entertainment programming early in 2002 to promote the film in which several WWE Superstars appear. Another WWE connection to the film is that WWE owner 'Vince McMahon' (qv) executive produced Rollerball.
- Has an older sister and a younger brother.