Oct. 8th, 1943
Woodstock, New York, USA
Guest TV Roles
Clark Griswold (Voiced)
Born Cornelius Crane Chase, he changed his name to Chevy Chase, joined the Saturday Night Live crew, and embarked on a highly successful movie career. Chase scored in the eighties with hits such as Caddyshack (1980), the National Lampoon movies and the Fletch movies. All his films show his talent for deadpan comedy. Sadly, his career has generally worsened throughout the nineties, starring in flops such as the wholly mediocre Memoirs of an Invisible Man (1992), and Cops and Robbersons (1994).
- Born to Edward Tinsley Chase, a Manhattan book editor and magazine writer, and his wife Cathalene Parker Browning, who both died in 2005.
- Is a huge jazz fan.
- Wanted to be a doctor when he was younger.
- Has said that he regrets leaving _"Saturday Night Live" (1975)_ (qv) after just one year.
- He appeared in the music video and sang in the choir on the song "Voices That Care."
- Roasted into the New York Friar's Club on September 28, 2002.
- He was the first member of the original _"Saturday Night Live" (1975)_ (qv) cast to leave the show - after only one season, a decision he later said he regretted. He was replaced by 'Bill Murray (I)' (qv).
- Was valedictorian of his high school class.