Oct. 8th, 1943
Woodstock, New York, USA
Guest TV Roles
Clark Griswold (Voiced)
Born Cornelius Crane Chase, he changed his name to Chevy Chase, joined the Saturday Night Live crew, and embarked on a highly successful movie career. Chase scored in the eighties with hits such as Caddyshack (1980), the National Lampoon movies and the Fletch movies. All his films show his talent for deadpan comedy. Sadly, his career has generally worsened throughout the nineties, starring in flops such as the wholly mediocre Memoirs of an Invisible Man (1992), and Cops and Robbersons (1994).
- Suffers from a fear of snakes.
- Was a favorite comedian of the students in _"Head of the Class" (1986)_ (qv).
- His now-famous "Good evening, I'm Chevy Chase and you're not" opening line on the "Weekend Update" segments of _"Saturday Night Live" (1975)_ (qv) was a takeoff of New York news anchor 'Roger Grimsby' (qv)'s "Here now the news" opening line.
- Helped campaign for 'John Kerry (I)' (qv) in the 2004 Presidential Election.
- Has said that he regrets leaving _"Saturday Night Live" (1975)_ (qv) after just one year.
- Winner of Harvard Lampoon Lifetime Achievement Award 1996.
- His mother Cathalene Parker Browning was the only daughter of Capt. Miles R. Browning, Admiral Halsey's Chief of Staff for much of WW2.
- Turned down the role of Buzz Lightyear in _Toy Story (1995)_ (qv), he didn't want to as he was interested in the project, but his agent greatly advised him against doing the project.