May. 3rd, 1984
San Francisco, California, USA
Cheryl Burke's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Cheryl Stephanie Burke (born May 3, 1984) is a professional dancer and model. She is best known for being one of the professional dancers on ABC's Dancing with the Stars, where she was the first female professional to win the show and the first professional to win twice and consecutively.
Born in San Francisco, California, and grew up in Atherton, California, the daughter of Sherri (Bautista) and Stephen Burke. Her father is of Irish and Russian descent and her mother is Filipina. At age four, she began taking ballet lessons and performing locally. She then began ballroom dancing and decided to change her focus. She trained in both standard ballroom and Latin dances. She began competing at age 13.
She attended Menlo-Atherton High School, graduating in 2002. In fall of 2007 Burke was awarded the key to the city from the mayor of Atherton at her old high school. Burke has one younger sister named Nicole and one stepsister named Mandy.
- Opened her own dance studio, Cheryl Burke Dance, in the spring of 2008.
- Taken to the hospital in Seattle on December 18, 2007 with a suspected case of appendicitis. Planning to fly home to San Francisco the next day for a second opinion with her family doctors.
- Eurasian like fellow actresses 'Kelly Hu' (qv), 'Shannyn Sossamon' (qv), 'Vanessa Hudgens' (qv), 'Jessica Anderson (II)' (qv), 'Devon Aoki' (qv), 'Moon Bloodgood' (qv), 'China Chow' (qv), 'Kristin Kreuk' (qv), 'Jaymee Ong' (qv), 'Maggie Q' (qv), 'Nicole Scherzinger' (qv), 'Monica Young' (qv) and actors 'Anthony Begonia' (qv), 'Andrew Johnston (VII)' (qv), 'Brandon Lee (I)' (qv), 'Keanu Reeves' (qv), 'Rob Schneider (I)' (qv), 'Russell Wong' (qv) and 'Michael Wong (I)' (qv).
- Winner, with her partner 'Emmitt Smith' (qv), of _"Dancing with the Stars" (2005/I)_ (qv) [November 2006].
- Is half Filipina, half Irish/Russian
- Ranked #98 on the Maxim magazine Hot 100 of 2008 list.
- She began her dancing career when she began training in ballet at the age of 4 and at the age of 11 began ballroom dancing.
- Winner, with her partner 'Drew Lachey' (qv), of _"Dancing with the Stars" (2005/I)_ (qv) [February 2006].