Sep. 19th, 1962
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Cheri Oteri's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Cheri Oteri was born on 19th September 1962, in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. She grew up in Upper Darby, Pennsylvania, graduating from Archbishop Prendergast High School, then moved to Los Angeles when she was 25, where she worked in Promotions for A&M records for 4 years, and joined up with the Groundlings, an improv-sketch based comedy group. One night, a "Saturday Night Live" (1975) rep was in the audience and liked her, so she flew down to New York to audition, made it, and debuted on Sept. 9, 1995. Since then, she has appeared in four films, has been in numerous magazines.
- Her SNL character Rita Delvechio is based on her grandmother.
- Siblings are Denise, Brian and Tommy Jr.
- Presented at the 2000 GLAAD Media Awards to honor films and TV shows that accurately portray gay and lesbian people.
- Her father, Gaetano Thomas "Tommy" Oteri was a record producer in Nashville. He was allegedly murdered on April 26, 2008 by his friend/roommate, songwriter Richard Fagan. Oteri died from a "significant laceration" to his wrist caused by Fagan's pocket knife.
- Cheri is the niece of production designer 'Barbara Pietsch' (qv).
- Grew up in Upper Darby, Pennsylvania, the same town where her _"Saturday Night Live" (1975)_ (qv) castmate 'Tina Fey' (qv) was born and grew up.
- Cheri is most known for her role on NBC'S _"Saturday Night Live" (1975)_ (qv).
- (1990-1994) Worked as a Co-ordinator in the Promotion Department of A & M Records