Aug. 24th, 1981
Buffalo, New York, USA
Chad Michael Murray's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2014 - Left Behind
2006 - Home of the Brave
2005 - House of Wax
2004 - A Cinderella Story
2003 - Freaky Friday
2001 - Megiddo: The Omega Code 2
Guest TV Roles
Officer Dave Mendoza
Himself - Actor
Born in Buffalo, New York, Chad found a ready audience early on. When he was four or five years old, the young ham performed skits and sang made-up songs for his large family which includes three brothers, a half-brother and a sister. At age fifteen, an injury landed him in a hospital where a nurse encouraged him to pursue a modeling career.
Two years later, Chad won a scholarship from a modeling agency in Buffalo to attend a modeling convention in Orlando. There he met his destiny when an agent from Los Angeles spotted him and persuaded the seventeen-year-old to pursue his dream of acting upon graduation from high school.
In 1999, the aspiring actor headed for Hollywood where he supported himself modeling for such clients as Sketchers, Tommy Hilfiger and Gucci while looking for a break. Soon after he arrived, Chad appeared in several guest-starring television roles including an episode of "Diagnosis Murder" (1993). Then he got the call he'd been hoping for. The WB's "Gilmore Girls" (2000) was casting for the role of Tristan DuGrey. They were looking for someone who was likable and charismatic but with an edgy side, and someone who had that certain "IT" quality. Chad was all that plus he had the perfect physical characteristics that the show's writers had in mind. The teenager won the role and has since made the character his own.
He admires the talents of actors Edward Norton (I), Leonardo DiCaprio, Al Pacino Robert De Niro and Sean Penn (I) and uses their influences in his work. Always a firm believer in clean living, Chad is a natural athlete. He played his favorite sport, football, in high school and keeps fit by working out at the gym, in-line skating, playing soccer, volleyball and basketball as well as football pick-up games. He is an anti-drug role model for kids and is active in charities for children and teens during his spare time. Before he married Sophia Bush on April 16th, 2005, Chad had set up house with a pug named Gus and a unique boisterous cat named Jack, who kept him from missing his large family too much.
- Wore a 'Ralph Lauren' (qv) Black Label Suit in his April 2005 wedding to 'Sophia Bush' (qv).
- His favorite book is "Catcher in the Rye" by 'J.D. Salinger' (qv).
- His favorite television show is _"The Simpsons" (1989)_ (qv).
- Underwent a resection of his small intestine as the result of a football injury, so he can't gain weight.
- Got an accidental 'nose job' during his earlier modeling career! He was 'jumped' in a fast food restaurant and got his nose broken and had to have surgery. If you look closely, you can see the difference between his nose now and back then, because he had to get it fixed and it couldn't be constructed to the way it was.
- Said if he wasn't a actor he would love to be a pediatrician.
- His father Rex works as an air traffic controller.
- Chad and two of his _"One Tree Hill" (2003)_ (qv) co-stars were on _"Dawson's Creek" (1998)_ (qv) with him; 'Hilarie Burton' (qv) (who plays Peyton Sawyer) and 'Lee Norris (I)' (qv) (who plays Mouth McFadden).