Apr. 24th, 1964
Jefferson City, Missouri, USA
Cedric the Entertainer's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
- Is one of the Original Kings of Comedy
- Ex-wife Lorna R. Wells was a one-time wardrobe stylist.
- Daughter Lucky Rose was born to him and wife, Lorna, in November, 2003.
- Cedric was the subject of controversy when his opinionated character in the film _Barbershop (2002)_ (qv) made unsavory remarks regarding 'Martin Luther King' (qv) and 'Rosa Parks' (qv). These comments were spoken in character, were part of the script, and he has never apologized for them.
- Attended Berkeley High School in Ferguson Florissant School District. Each year he gives out a scholarship to a graduating senior through his Cedric the Entertainer Charitable Foundation Inc. The motto is, "Reaching Out...Giving Back".
- Worked at State Farm Insurance before making it big in comedy. Majored in Mass Communication at Southeast Missouri State University.
- Is a member of Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Incorporated.
- Appeared as the lead comedian at the White House Correspondence Dinner but jokingly remarked that he was unprepared because he thought that he would follow a humorous speech by President George W. Bush but instead followed First Lady Laura Bush who he commented was very funny.