Apr. 24th, 1964
Jefferson City, Missouri, USA
Cedric the Entertainer's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2014 - A Haunted House 2
2008 - Welcome Home Roscoe Jenkins
2008 - Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa
2008 - Street Kings
2008 - Cadillac Records
2007 - Talk to Me
2007 - Code Name: The Cleaner
2006 - Charlotte's Web
2005 - The Honeymooners
2005 - Be Cool
2005 - Madagascar
2004 - Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events
2004 - Johnson Family Vacation
2004 - Barbershop 2: Back in Business
2003 - Intolerable Cruelty
2002 - Serving Sara
2002 - Ice Age
2002 - Barbershop
2001 - Dr. Dolittle 2
2000 - Big Momma's House
2000 - The Original Kings of Comedy
Guest TV Roles
Bobby Proud (Voiced)
Himself - Panelist
Cousin Jericho Freeman (Voiced)
Himself - Guest
Himself - Guest
- Appeared as the lead comedian at the White House Correspondence Dinner but jokingly remarked that he was unprepared because he thought that he would follow a humorous speech by President George W. Bush but instead followed First Lady Laura Bush who he commented was very funny.
- Is a member of Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Incorporated.
- Sister Sharita Kyles Wilson is the foundation director of the Cedric the Entertainer Charitable Foundation, Inc., which provides college scholarships to high school graduates.
- Has one son, Croix with Lorna and has a daughter, Tiara from a previous relationship.
- Ex-wife Lorna R. Wells was a one-time wardrobe stylist.
- Attended Berkeley High School in Ferguson Florissant School District. Each year he gives out a scholarship to a graduating senior through his Cedric the Entertainer Charitable Foundation Inc. The motto is, "Reaching Out...Giving Back".
- Cedric was the subject of controversy when his opinionated character in the film _Barbershop (2002)_ (qv) made unsavory remarks regarding 'Martin Luther King' (qv) and 'Rosa Parks' (qv). These comments were spoken in character, were part of the script, and he has never apologized for them.
- Worked at State Farm Insurance before making it big in comedy. Majored in Mass Communication at Southeast Missouri State University.