Apr. 24th, 1964
Jefferson City, Missouri, USA
Cedric the Entertainer's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
- Sister Sharita Kyles Wilson is the foundation director of the Cedric the Entertainer Charitable Foundation, Inc., which provides college scholarships to high school graduates.
- Went to high school in Haverhill, Massachusetts
- Has one son, Croix with Lorna and has a daughter, Tiara from a previous relationship.
- Cedric was the subject of controversy when his opinionated character in the film _Barbershop (2002)_ (qv) made unsavory remarks regarding 'Martin Luther King' (qv) and 'Rosa Parks' (qv). These comments were spoken in character, were part of the script, and he has never apologized for them.
- Daughter Lucky Rose was born to him and wife, Lorna, in November, 2003.
- Is one of the Original Kings of Comedy
- Attended Berkeley High School in Ferguson Florissant School District. Each year he gives out a scholarship to a graduating senior through his Cedric the Entertainer Charitable Foundation Inc. The motto is, "Reaching Out...Giving Back".
- Appeared as the lead comedian at the White House Correspondence Dinner but jokingly remarked that he was unprepared because he thought that he would follow a humorous speech by President George W. Bush but instead followed First Lady Laura Bush who he commented was very funny.