Jun. 22nd, 1973
Santa Monica, California, USA
Carson Daly's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
- Mother, Pattie Daly Caruso, hosts a local tv talk show, "Valley Views", in Palm Springs. His father, J.D., died of bladder cancer when Carson was 6. His stepfather, Richard Caruso, owns a golf shop.
- Daly attended Loyola Marymount University in Los Angeles where he studied theology
- Mentioned unflatteringly (along with 'Fred Durst' (qv) ) in 'Eminem' (qv)'s vitriolic "tribute" to 'Christina Aguilera' (qv).
- Has a sister named Quinn
- Claims he wanted to be a priest when he was in Santa Monica High School.
- Dated 'Jennifer Love Hewitt' (qv) from 1997-1999. She broke up with him by telling her publicist, and Daly first heard about it on the radio rather than from Jennifer herself. (source: People magazine)
- Ranked #24 in TV Guide's list of "TV's 25 Greatest Teen Idols" (23 January 2005 issue).
- Plays golf and, in fact, contemplated a pro career. He played against 'Tiger Woods' (qv) in the American Junior Golf Association. In 1991 he dropped out of L.A.'s Loyola University to pursue a golf career. In the meantime he latched onto an internship at a radio station, which led to four different DJ gigs and ultimately to MTV at age 24.