Oct. 21st, 1956
Beverly Hills, Los Angeles, California, USA
Guest TV Roles
Herself - Judge
Carrie Frances Fisher (born October 21, 1956) is an American actress, novelist, screenwriter, and performance artist. She is best known for her portrayal of Princess Leia Organa in the original Star Wars trilogy. She is also known for her bestselling novel Postcards from the Edge and screenplay for a film of the same name, as well as her autobiographical one-woman play and the non-fiction book Wishful Drinking she based it on.
Born in Beverly Hills, California, the daughter of singer Eddie Fisher and actress 'Debbie Reynolds'. Her father was Jewish, the son of immigrants from Russia, and her mother was raised a Nazarene, and is of Scots-Irish and English ancestry. Her younger brother is producer and actor Todd Fisher, and her half-sisters are actresses Joely Fisher and Tricia Leigh Fisher, whose mother is the singer and actress Connie Stevens.
When Fisher was two, her parents divorced after her father left Reynolds for her best friend, actress Elizabeth Taylor, the widow of her father's best friend Mike Todd. The following year, her mother married shoe store chain owner Harry Karl, who secretly spent Reynolds's life savings. She attended Beverly Hills High School, but she left to join her mother on the road. She appeared as a debutante and singer in the hit Broadway revival Irene (1973), which starred her mother.
- Half-sister-in-law of 'Christopher Duddy' (qv).
- Daughter of 'Debbie Reynolds (I)' (qv) and 'Eddie Fisher (I)' (qv).
- Attended The Central School of Speech and Drama in London.
- Mother, 'Debbie Reynolds (I)' (qv), lives with her.
- Weighed 7lbs 2ozs at birth
- Was once engaged to 'Dan Aykroyd' (qv).
- Appeared in _Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back (2001)_ (qv), which also starred 'Mark Hamill (I)' (qv). It was the first time the two had appeared in the same film since _Star Wars: Episode VI - Return of the Jedi (1983)_ (qv). Neither of them knew the other was involved in the project until shortly after filming had been completed.
- Former stepdaughter of 'Connie Stevens' (qv) and 'Elizabeth Taylor (I)' (qv).