Oct. 21st, 1956
Beverly Hills, Los Angeles, California, USA
Guest TV Roles
Herself - Judge
Herself - Host
Princess Leia Organa
Carrie Frances Fisher (born October 21, 1956) is an American actress, novelist, screenwriter, and performance artist. She is best known for her portrayal of Princess Leia Organa in the original Star Wars trilogy. She is also known for her bestselling novel Postcards from the Edge and screenplay for a film of the same name, as well as her autobiographical one-woman play and the non-fiction book Wishful Drinking she based it on.
Born in Beverly Hills, California, the daughter of singer Eddie Fisher and actress 'Debbie Reynolds'. Her father was Jewish, the son of immigrants from Russia, and her mother was raised a Nazarene, and is of Scots-Irish and English ancestry. Her younger brother is producer and actor 'Todd Fisher', and her half-sisters are actresses 'Joely Fisher' and 'Tricia Leigh Fisher', whose mother is the singer and actress 'Connie Stevens'.
When Fisher was two, her parents divorced after her father left Reynolds for her best friend, actress 'Elizabeth Taylor', the widow of her father's best friend Mike Todd. The following year, her mother married shoe store chain owner Harry Karl, who secretly spent Reynolds's life savings. She attended Beverly Hills High School, but she left to join her mother on the road. She appeared as a debutante and singer in the hit Broadway revival Irene (1973), which starred her mother.
- (October 1998) Checked into substance-abuse program, addiction to prescription drugs.
- When asked what her favorite moment from the Star Wars trilogy are, she replied that her favorite moments were the arguing scenes between her and 'Harrison Ford (I)' (qv).
- Revealed in her memoir "Wishful Drinking" that she once had a romantic relationship with U.S. Senator 'Christopher Dodd (I)' (qv) (D-Connecticut). When Dodd was once asked to comment in 2007 (for The Kansas City Star), he told a reporter, "it was a long, long time ago in a galaxy far, far away".
- Sometimes works as a screenplay "script doctor".
- She allegedly disliked the "bagel bun" hair style she wore in the original _Star Wars (1977)_ (qv), but she didn't say anything about it because she was afraid that director 'George Lucas (I)' (qv) would get angry and fire her.
- Half-sister-in-law of 'Christopher Duddy' (qv).
- Was once engaged to 'Dan Aykroyd' (qv).
- Along with her writing career, she also became a successful re-writer of movie scripts, saving many troubled productions.