Oct. 21st, 1956
Beverly Hills, Los Angeles, California, USA
Carrie Fisher's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2014 - Maps to the Stars
2009 - White Lightnin'
2009 - Sorority Row
2008 - The Women
2007 - Heckler
2007 - Cougar Club
2005 - The Aristocrats
2005 - Undiscovered
2004 - Stateside
2003 - Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle
2003 - Wonderland
2002 - A Midsummer Night's Rave
2001 - Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back
2001 - Heartbreakers
2000 - Scream 3
1992 - This Is My Life
1991 - Soapdish
1991 - Drop Dead Fred
1991 - Hook
1989 - The 'Burbs
1989 - When Harry Met Sally
1989 - Loverboy
1988 - Appointment with Death
1987 - The Time Guardian
1987 - Amazon Women on the Moon
1985 - The Man with One Red Shoe
1983 - Star Wars: Episode VI: Return of the Jedi
1981 - Under the Rainbow
1980 - The Blues Brothers
1980 - Star Wars: Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back
1977 - Star Wars: Episode IV: A New Hope
1975 - Shampoo
Guest TV Roles
Herself - Judge
Herself - Host
Princess Leia Organa
Carrie Frances Fisher (born October 21, 1956) is an American actress, novelist, screenwriter, and performance artist. She is best known for her portrayal of Princess Leia Organa in the original Star Wars trilogy. She is also known for her bestselling novel Postcards from the Edge and screenplay for a film of the same name, as well as her autobiographical one-woman play and the non-fiction book Wishful Drinking she based it on.
Born in Beverly Hills, California, the daughter of singer Eddie Fisher and actress 'Debbie Reynolds'. Her father was Jewish, the son of immigrants from Russia, and her mother was raised a Nazarene, and is of Scots-Irish and English ancestry. Her younger brother is producer and actor 'Todd Fisher', and her half-sisters are actresses 'Joely Fisher' and 'Tricia Leigh Fisher', whose mother is the singer and actress 'Connie Stevens'.
When Fisher was two, her parents divorced after her father left Reynolds for her best friend, actress 'Elizabeth Taylor', the widow of her father's best friend Mike Todd. The following year, her mother married shoe store chain owner Harry Karl, who secretly spent Reynolds's life savings. She attended Beverly Hills High School, but she left to join her mother on the road. She appeared as a debutante and singer in the hit Broadway revival Irene (1973), which starred her mother.
- Daughter of 'Debbie Reynolds (I)' (qv) and 'Eddie Fisher (I)' (qv).
- Was listed as a potential nominee on the 2006 Razzie Award nominating ballot. She was suggested in the Worst Supporting Actress category for her performance in the film _Undiscovered (2005)_ (qv), however, she failed to receive a nomination.
- Former stepdaughter of 'Connie Stevens' (qv) and 'Elizabeth Taylor (I)' (qv).
- Has written several novels including the semi-autobiographical "Postcards From The Edge", filmed in 1990.
- Her personal assistant is 'Kim Painter' (qv).
- Was once engaged to 'Dan Aykroyd' (qv).
- Attended The Central School of Speech and Drama in London.
- Half-sister of 'Joely Fisher' (qv) and 'Tricia Leigh Fisher' (qv).