Oct. 21st, 1956
Beverly Hills, Los Angeles, California, USA
Carrie Fisher's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2015 - Maps to the Stars
2009 - Sorority Row
2009 - White Lightnin'
2008 - The Women
2007 - Ghost Writer
2007 - Cougar Club
2007 - Heckler
2005 - The Aristocrats
2005 - Undiscovered
2004 - Stateside
2003 - Wonderland
2003 - Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle
2002 - A Midsummer Night's Rave
2001 - Heartbreakers
2001 - Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back
2000 - Scream 3
1992 - This Is My Life
1991 - Drop Dead Fred
1991 - Hook
1991 - Soapdish
1989 - Loverboy
1989 - Quand Harry rencontre Sally
1989 - The 'Burbs
1988 - Appointment with Death
1987 - The Time Guardian
1987 - Amazon Women on the Moon
1985 - The Man with One Red Shoe
1983 - Star Wars: Episode VI: Return of the Jedi
1981 - Under the Rainbow
1980 - Star Wars: Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back
1980 - The Blues Brothers
1977 - Star Wars: Episode IV: A New Hope
1975 - Shampoo
Guest TV Roles
Herself - Judge
Herself - Host
Princess Leia Organa
Carrie Frances Fisher (born October 21, 1956) is an American actress, novelist, screenwriter, and performance artist. She is best known for her portrayal of Princess Leia Organa in the original Star Wars trilogy. She is also known for her bestselling novel Postcards from the Edge and screenplay for a film of the same name, as well as her autobiographical one-woman play and the non-fiction book Wishful Drinking she based it on.
Born in Beverly Hills, California, the daughter of singer Eddie Fisher and actress 'Debbie Reynolds'. Her father was Jewish, the son of immigrants from Russia, and her mother was raised a Nazarene, and is of Scots-Irish and English ancestry. Her younger brother is producer and actor 'Todd Fisher', and her half-sisters are actresses 'Joely Fisher' and 'Tricia Leigh Fisher', whose mother is the singer and actress 'Connie Stevens'.
When Fisher was two, her parents divorced after her father left Reynolds for her best friend, actress 'Elizabeth Taylor', the widow of her father's best friend Mike Todd. The following year, her mother married shoe store chain owner Harry Karl, who secretly spent Reynolds's life savings. She attended Beverly Hills High School, but she left to join her mother on the road. She appeared as a debutante and singer in the hit Broadway revival Irene (1973), which starred her mother.
- Along with her writing career, she also became a successful re-writer of movie scripts, saving many troubled productions.
- She did her very first European signing in London, England in a hotel libary on Saturday 3rd August 2003. It was an exclusive one-day signing, tickets limited to 500.
- Half-sister-in-law of 'Christopher Duddy' (qv).
- Her personal assistant is 'Kim Painter' (qv).
- Stood on a box for many of her scenes with 'Harrison Ford (I)' (qv) in the Star Wars trilogy, owing to the fact that she was roughly a foot shorter than him and didn't fit into the frame.
- Was once engaged to 'Dan Aykroyd' (qv).
- In her 2008 memoir, "Wishful Drinking," she notes that, like her mother in _Singin' in the Rain (1952)_ (qv), she became famous at age 19 for her role in a classic hit alongside two male co-stars. She also mentions that "Star Wars" could also refer to her celebrity parents' infamous divorce.
- Turned down the role of Kathryn Murphy in _The Accused (1988)_ (qv). 'Kelly McGillis' (qv) was eventually cast as Kathryn.