Oct. 21st, 1956
Beverly Hills, Los Angeles, California, USA
Guest TV Roles
Herself - Judge
Carrie Frances Fisher (born October 21, 1956) is an American actress, novelist, screenwriter, and performance artist. She is best known for her portrayal of Princess Leia Organa in the original Star Wars trilogy. She is also known for her bestselling novel Postcards from the Edge and screenplay for a film of the same name, as well as her autobiographical one-woman play and the non-fiction book Wishful Drinking she based it on.
Born in Beverly Hills, California, the daughter of singer Eddie Fisher and actress 'Debbie Reynolds'. Her father was Jewish, the son of immigrants from Russia, and her mother was raised a Nazarene, and is of Scots-Irish and English ancestry. Her younger brother is producer and actor Todd Fisher, and her half-sisters are actresses Joely Fisher and Tricia Leigh Fisher, whose mother is the singer and actress Connie Stevens.
When Fisher was two, her parents divorced after her father left Reynolds for her best friend, actress Elizabeth Taylor, the widow of her father's best friend Mike Todd. The following year, her mother married shoe store chain owner Harry Karl, who secretly spent Reynolds's life savings. She attended Beverly Hills High School, but she left to join her mother on the road. She appeared as a debutante and singer in the hit Broadway revival Irene (1973), which starred her mother.
- Turned down the role of Emmeline in _The Blue Lagoon (1980)_ (qv). 'Brooke Shields' (qv) won the part.
- Friends with 'Meryl Streep' (qv). Streep portrayed Fisher in _Postcards from the Edge (1990)_ (qv).
- Has one daughter, Billie, whose father is the powerful film agent 'Bryan Lourd' (qv). Fisher and Lourd never married. After he left her for a man, Fisher used that experience as the opening premise for her novel "The Best Awful.".
- Has a daughter Billie Catherine (with 'Bryan Lourd' (qv)) born in 1992.
- Revealed in her memoir "Wishful Drinking" that she once had a romantic relationship with U.S. Senator 'Christopher Dodd (I)' (qv) (D-Connecticut). When Dodd was once asked to comment in 2007 (for The Kansas City Star), he told a reporter, "it was a long, long time ago in a galaxy far, far away".
- Father 'Eddie Fisher (I)' (qv) left when she was 3 years old to marry 'Elizabeth Taylor (I)' (qv).
- She did her very first European signing in London, England in a hotel libary on Saturday 3rd August 2003. It was an exclusive one-day signing, tickets limited to 500.
- Was once engaged to 'Dan Aykroyd' (qv).