Oct. 21st, 1956
Beverly Hills, Los Angeles, California, USA
Guest TV Roles
Herself - Judge
Herself - Host
Princess Leia Organa
Carrie Frances Fisher (born October 21, 1956) is an American actress, novelist, screenwriter, and performance artist. She is best known for her portrayal of Princess Leia Organa in the original Star Wars trilogy. She is also known for her bestselling novel Postcards from the Edge and screenplay for a film of the same name, as well as her autobiographical one-woman play and the non-fiction book Wishful Drinking she based it on.
Born in Beverly Hills, California, the daughter of singer Eddie Fisher and actress 'Debbie Reynolds'. Her father was Jewish, the son of immigrants from Russia, and her mother was raised a Nazarene, and is of Scots-Irish and English ancestry. Her younger brother is producer and actor 'Todd Fisher', and her half-sisters are actresses 'Joely Fisher' and 'Tricia Leigh Fisher', whose mother is the singer and actress 'Connie Stevens'.
When Fisher was two, her parents divorced after her father left Reynolds for her best friend, actress 'Elizabeth Taylor', the widow of her father's best friend Mike Todd. The following year, her mother married shoe store chain owner Harry Karl, who secretly spent Reynolds's life savings. She attended Beverly Hills High School, but she left to join her mother on the road. She appeared as a debutante and singer in the hit Broadway revival Irene (1973), which starred her mother.
- Along with her writing career, she also became a successful re-writer of movie scripts, saving many troubled productions.
- Made stage debut in the chorus of "Irene" (1975) starring her mother, 'Debbie Reynolds (I)' (qv).
- Was listed as a potential nominee on the 2006 Razzie Award nominating ballot. She was suggested in the Worst Supporting Actress category for her performance in the film _Undiscovered (2005)_ (qv), however, she failed to receive a nomination.
- Was once engaged to 'Dan Aykroyd' (qv).
- Revealed in her memoir "Wishful Drinking" that she once had a romantic relationship with U.S. Senator 'Christopher Dodd (I)' (qv) (D-Connecticut). When Dodd was once asked to comment in 2007 (for The Kansas City Star), he told a reporter, "it was a long, long time ago in a galaxy far, far away".
- Friends with 'Meryl Streep' (qv). Streep portrayed Fisher in _Postcards from the Edge (1990)_ (qv).
- She did her very first European signing in London, England in a hotel libary on Saturday 3rd August 2003. It was an exclusive one-day signing, tickets limited to 500.
- The punk rock group 'Blink 182' (qv) wrote a song called "A New Hope" in which Fisher's character "Princess Leia" is the lead singer's dream girl.