Abilene, Texas, USA
Carole Cook's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
- She was a close friend and protégé of 'Lucille Ball' (qv), and lived in Ball's home early in her career. Ball was the matron of honor at Cook's 1964 wedding. Ball is credited for suggesting Cook change her stage name from Mildred Frances to Carole, in honor of Ball's close friend 'Carole Lombard (I)' (qv).
- For over three decades Carole has been heavily involved in the fight against AIDS by performing diligently at S.T.A.G.E. benefits.
- Singer/comedienne and a cabaret favorite in New York and Los Angeles, with scores of musical comedy shows to her credit, Mame and Hello Dolly! among them.
- Fondly known as "the Lunts of L.A. Theater", she and actor/husband 'Tom Troupe' (qv) received a joint honorary 2002 Los Angeles Ovation Award for Career Achievements. They have co-starred in many plays together over the years, including "The Lion in Winter", "Father's Day", and "Patio/Porch".
- Her nephew Byron Cook serves in the Texas State House of Representatives.
- Her brother Leland Cook and his sons have been in the vending machine business in Corsicana, Texas. They built a planetarium at Navarro College in Corsicana. Leland once worked in management of The Corsicana Daily Sun, the newspaper in Corsicana.
- Great aunt of Christian recording star David L Cook.
Related sites for this celeb