42 (passed away Jan. 13th, 1985)
Sep. 6th, 1942
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Carol Wayne's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles1984 - Surf II
1982 - Savannah Smiles
1979 - Scavenger Hunt
1968 - The Party
1968 - Monterey Pop
Guest TV Roles
Angela Pruett (segment "Love and the Nervous Executive")
Actress in Bar Scene
NBC Soundstage Tour Guide
Renee 'Miss October'
Carol was a beautiful comedienne who appeared as the "Matinee Lady" on the "The Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson" (1962). She would come out during one of Carson's regular sketches known as "The Tea Time Movie." Carson played the lecherous character "Art Fern" who would make references to Carol's ample bosom. She played opposite Carson in over 100 sketches. She also played on one of the most popular episodes of "I Spy" (1965) opposite Robert Culp. While Carol seemed to make no attempt to downplay her role as a dim-witted sex symbol, in reality she did make many attempts to hone her acting skills by working in the multitude of situation and sketch comedies that adorned the 1970s. Any performer will tell you that comedy is not easy, but Carol and sister Nina managed quite well working opposite some of the best in the business. Both Nina and Carol appeared in different episodes of "Bewitched" (1964) in the 1960s.
Carol had one son, Alex, with rock artist and photographer Barry Feinstein (II). She died under extremely suspicious circumstances in 1985, and the events surrounding her untimely demise have to date gone unresolved. Although it may never be proven, many involved with the case suspected foul play was involved. But many will always remember Carol fondly for her charm and cheerful nature on many classic shows.
- Measurements: 39C-24-35 (Source: Celebrity Sleuth magazine)
- Was a topless showgirl at Las Vegas' Foiles Bergere.
- Played opposite 'Johnny Carson (I)' (qv) on _"The Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson" (1962)_ (qv) as "The Tea-Time Lady" in the "Art Fern's Tea-Time Movie" skit.
- Sister of actress 'Nina Wayne' (qv).
- Can be seen as an audience member in Monterey Pop outtakes disc. Her husband, at the time, was 'Barry Feinstein (II)' (qv), one of the many Cinematographers of the event.
- She and her sister skated with Ice Capades as teenagers.
Related sites for this celeb