Aug. 24th, 1973
Staten Island, New York, USA
Carmine Giovinazzo's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Giovinazzo was born and raised in Staten Island, New York, the son of Nancy and Dominick Giovinazzo. He comes from a family of policemen and has Italian, English, Native American, and Norwegian ancestry. Growing up on Staten Island, Giovinazzo was an avid athlete; though he played many different sports, baseball and roller hockey were his preferences. He graduated from Port Richmond High School in 1991 and attended Wagner College. He had hoped to become a professional baseball player, but a serious back injury dashed his career plans, so, with the support of his family, he turned to acting. As a child, Giovinazzo participated in making short films, but remembers no particular time when he had the idea to start acting.
- Is the first actor to appear in all three CSIs.
- In his spare time, Carmine enjoys painting, poetry and playing the guitar. He also likes to play roller hockey, basketball and baseball.
- Is of Italian, Norwegian, English and Native American descent.
- Cousin of 'Larry Romano' (qv).
- Cousin of 'Buddy Giovinazzo' (qv) and 'Rick Giovinazzo' (qv).
- His first major acting job was in the _"Buffy the Vampire Slayer" (1997)_ (qv) pilot, "Welcome to the Hellmouth." Credited only as "Boy," he was the first character to die.
- Was a guest star on the original CSI: in 2002, on "Revenge is Best Served Cold", and starred as Danny in CSI Miami episode "MIA/NYC Nonstop", and has therefore has appeared in all three CSI-series. He is one of very few actors to do so.
- wanted to become a professional baseball player, but due to a back injury he had to give up baseball and started his acting career