May. 28th, 1985
Carey Mulligan's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2010 - Never Let Me Go
2010 - Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps
2009 - An Education
2009 - Public Enemies
2009 - The Greatest
2005 - Pride & Prejudice
Guest TV Roles
Carey Mulligan is a British actress, born 28 May 1985. Her credits include the recent film Pride & Prejudice and the 2005 BBC adaptation of Charles Dickens' novel Bleak House. She currently resides in Covent Garden, England.
She got her first major appearance by playing Kitty Bennet in Pride and Prejudice alongside Keira Knightley, Judy Dench and Donald Sutherland. Carey also played orphan Ada Clare in the BBC television series, Bleak House
Carey has said that her passion and love for acting was first kindled at her old school Woldingham School, where she took part in a school production of Sweet Charity in her final year, and where she was also a student head of drama.
- Mentioned in an interview at the Sundance Film Festival that the first actor she met was 'Julian Fellowes' (qv) who came to talk at her school. She approached him, and he introduced her to the casting director 'Jina Jay' (qv)'s assistant; at the time, they were looking for young unknown actresses to play the younger sisters in Pride and Prejudice. It ended up being her first job.
- Received a 2009 Drama Desk Award nomination for "Outstanding Featured Actress in a Play" for her role in Christopher Hampton's re-imagining of Chekhov's "The Seagull" on Broadway.
- Has mentioned that she'd like to do a play every year.
- Voted Best Guest Actress by Doctor Who Magazine readers for Blink.
- Received a nomination for "Best Supporting Actress in a motion picture or miniseries" at the OFTA (Online Film & Television Association) Televion awards in 2006 for her role in 'Bleak House'.
- Won 'Best Female Performance in a 2007 Science Fiction Television Episode' for the Doctor Who episode 'Blink', at The Constellation Awards (2008).
- Was the UK recipient of the Shooting Star award from the European Film Promotion in 2009.