Mar. 8th, 1961
Caldwell, New Jersey, USA
Camryn Manheim's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Camryn grew up in Peoria, Illinois. Her mother, Sylvia, was a schoolteacher and her father, Jerry, was a math professor. She developed an interest in acting after working at a Renaissance Fair at age 16. She earned a Master's Degree in Fine Arts from New York University in 1987. She studied acting at the Atlantic Theater Company Acting School in Chelsea, which was founded by 'David Mamet' and 'William H. Macy' and teaches the technique "Practical Aesthetics," which Ms. Manheim uses. She is currently a member of the company at the Atlantic Theater, and she sometimes performs in shows during their season.
- (6 March 2001) Son, Milo Jacob, born in Los Angeles, weighing 9 pounds, 2 ounces.
- Changed her name when she was 20 years old.
- She wrote an off-Broadway play, "Wake Up, I'm Fat" in 1995.
- Wears 12 earrings in her right ear to beat someone she knew who had 11.
- Has a tattoo of Pegasus on her ankle.
- Brother, Karl Manheim, is a professor at Loyola Law School in Los Angeles, CA.
- MFA in Acting - New York University, Tisch School of the Arts (1987).
- Received a master's degree in drama in 1987 from New York University.