Mar. 8th, 1961
Caldwell, New Jersey, USA
Camryn Manheim's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Camryn grew up in Peoria, Illinois. Her mother, Sylvia, was a schoolteacher and her father, Jerry, was a math professor. She developed an interest in acting after working at a Renaissance Fair at age 16. She earned a Master's Degree in Fine Arts from New York University in 1987. She studied acting at the Atlantic Theater Company Acting School in Chelsea, which was founded by 'David Mamet' and 'William H. Macy' and teaches the technique "Practical Aesthetics," which Ms. Manheim uses. She is currently a member of the company at the Atlantic Theater, and she sometimes performs in shows during their season.
- Worked as a sign language interpreter at hospitals, where she would be in delivery rooms while babies were born to deaf mothers and fathers.
- Brother, Karl Manheim, is a professor at Loyola Law School in Los Angeles, CA.
- MFA in Acting - New York University, Tisch School of the Arts (1987).
- Changed her name when she was 20 years old.
- She wrote an off-Broadway play, "Wake Up, I'm Fat" in 1995.
- Received a master's degree in drama in 1987 from New York University.
- Has a tattoo of Pegasus on her ankle.
- (6 March 2001) Son, Milo Jacob, born in Los Angeles, weighing 9 pounds, 2 ounces.