Mar. 8th, 1961
Caldwell, New Jersey, USA
Camryn Manheim's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2014 - Fort McCoy
2007 - Slipstream
2005 - An Unfinished Life
2005 - Dark Water
2003 - Scary Movie 3
1998 - Mercury Rising
1998 - Happiness
1998 - Wide Awake
1996 - Eraser
1995 - Jeffrey
1994 - The Road to Wellville
1990 - The Bonfire of the Vanities
1983 - Sudden Impact
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Camryn grew up in Peoria, Illinois. Her mother, Sylvia, was a schoolteacher and her father, Jerry, was a math professor. She developed an interest in acting after working at a Renaissance Fair at age 16. She earned a Master's Degree in Fine Arts from New York University in 1987. She studied acting at the Atlantic Theater Company Acting School in Chelsea, which was founded by 'David Mamet' and 'William H. Macy' and teaches the technique "Practical Aesthetics," which Ms. Manheim uses. She is currently a member of the company at the Atlantic Theater, and she sometimes performs in shows during their season.
- Wears 12 earrings in her right ear to beat someone she knew who had 11.
- (6 March 2001) Son, Milo Jacob, born in Los Angeles, weighing 9 pounds, 2 ounces.
- Has a tattoo of Pegasus on her ankle.
- Changed her name when she was 20 years old.
- She wrote an off-Broadway play, "Wake Up, I'm Fat" in 1995.
- Worked as a sign language interpreter at hospitals, where she would be in delivery rooms while babies were born to deaf mothers and fathers.
- Brother, Karl Manheim, is a professor at Loyola Law School in Los Angeles, CA.
- Received a master's degree in drama in 1987 from New York University.