Aug. 30th, 1972
San Diego, California, USA
Guest TV Roles
Herself - Guest
Herself - Annie
Herself - Guest
Cameron Michelle Diaz (born August 30, 1972) is an American actress and former model.
A tall, strikingly attractive blue-eyed bottle blonde, Diaz was born in San Diego. She is the daughter of Billie (Anglo-German) and 'Emilio Diaz' (Cuban-American). Self described as "adventurous, independent and a tough kid", Cameron left home at 16 and for the next 5 years lived in such varied locales as Japan, Australia, Mexico, Morocco, and Paris. Returning to California at the age of 21, she was working as a model when she auditioned for a part in The Mask (1994). To her amazement and despite having no previous acting experience, she was cast as the female lead in the film opposite 'Jim Carrey'.
Over the next 3 years, she honed her acting skills in such low budget independent films as The Last Supper (1995); Feeling Minnesota (1996); and Head Above Water (1996). She returned to main stream films in My Best Friend's Wedding (1997), in which she held her own against veteran actress 'Julia Roberts'. She earned full fledged star status in 1998 for her performance in the box office smash There's Something About Mary (1998).
Diaz has received four Golden Globe Award nominations for her performances in the movies, Being John Malkovich, Vanilla Sky, Gangs of New York, and There's Something About Mary for which she also won the New York Film Critics Best Lead Actress Award. She is also a BAFTA Nominee. In 2013, Diaz was named the highest paid actress over 40 in Hollywood.
With her name near the top on virtually every list of Hollyood's sexiest actresses, and firmly established as one of filmdom's hottest properties and most sought after actresses, Diaz appears to possess everything necessary to become one of the super stars of the new century.
In 2011, she played Lenore Case, the journalist in the remake of the 1940s film The Green Hornet, and was the central lead in the hit comedy Bad Teacher. She was listed among CEOWORLD magazine's Top Accomplished Women Entertainers. Diaz will play Miss Hannigan in a new film adaptation of the musical, Annie.
Diaz received "substantial" defamation damages from suing American Media Incorporated, after The National Enquirer had claimed she was cheating on 'Justin Timberlake'. She endorsed Al Gore publicly during 2000. Diaz wore a t-shirt that read "I won't vote for a son of a Bush!" while making publicity visits for Charlie's Angels.
Diaz has also been involved with the Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans of America (IAVA), the first and largest nonprofit organization for veterans of the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, and has spoken as an advocate for military families. Although she was quoted by a 1997 Time magazine article as saying she was germophobic, Diaz specifically denied this on the June 26, 2009, edition of Real Time with Bill Maher, saying that a small comment she made twelve years earlier regarding public bathroom doorknobs was distorted out of proportion.
On April 15, 2008, Cameron's father, Emilio Diaz, died at the age of 58 from pneumonia.
From 1990 to December 1994, Diaz cohabited with video producer Carlos de la Torre. In 1995, Diaz dated actor 'Vincent D'Onofrio' during the production of Feeling Minnesota. Later in 1995, she began a relationship with actor 'Matt Dillon'. The relationship ended in December 1998. She began dating actor & member of Thirty Seconds to Mars Jared Leto in 1999, and the couple became engaged in 2000. In 2003, they ended their four-year relationship. Diaz dated singer 'Justin Timberlake' from 2003 to 2006. In October 2004, Diaz and Timberlake were in an altercation with a tabloid photographer outside a hotel. When the photographer and another man tried to photograph them, the couple snatched the camera. Pictures of the incident appeared in Us Weekly. Representatives for the pair claimed that they were acting a scene on a set. Diaz was in a romantic relationship with New York Yankees baseball star Alex Rodriguez from July 2010 to September 2011.
- (December 1999) Police caught an airline security guard at Los Angeles International Airport stealing items from Diaz. Diaz reported her passport and a large sum of cash missing.
- 'Robbie Williams (I)' (qv) mentions her in his song "I Will Talk and Hollywood Will Listen".
- Received the 2,386th star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame on June 22, 2009.
- (20 Novemeber 2003) Photographer 'John Rutter (II)' (qv) was ordered to stand trial for attempted extortion, attempted grand theft, perjury, and forgery after trying to blackmail her with topless shots he had of her from a 1992 shoot.
- Ranked #19 on the Maxim magazine Hot 100 of 2007 list.
- She graduated from Long Beach Polytechnic (Poly) High School (Class of 1990) in Long Beach, California. As a member of that school's "Polyettes" dance-drill team, Cameron performed during half-time at football games.
- Attended Long Beach Polytechnic High School in Long Beach, California.
- Measurements: 34B-23-36 (on set of _The Mask (1994)_ (qv)) (Source: Celebrity Sleuth magazine).