May. 1st, 1990
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Caitlin Stasey's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles
Caitlin Jean Stasey (born 1 May 1990) is an Australian actress who is well known for her roles as Francesca Thomas in The Sleepover Club and Rachel Kinski in Neighbours.
Caitlin and her younger sister Victoria were raised in Melbourne, Victoria. Their parents, David and Sally, are originally from Norwich, England. Sally is a primary school drama teacher at Sandringham Primary School in Melbourne. At age seven Caitlin spent almost a year living in Norwich, and her grandparents were still living in the city in 2008. Stasey attended Star of the Sea College.
Caitlin began taking an interest in acting/performing when she was about six years of age. She enjoys surfing, basketball and skateboarding.
Caitlin is not a new face to the Australian and International Television industry she has performed hit starring role through her early years.
Caitlin appeared as part of the Australian Girls Choir in a Qantas commercial, singing "I Still Call Australia Home" and traveled the world as a member of the choir to film the commercial in 2000 before the Sydney Olympics. This commercial was named the "Greatest Australian Commercial" on 20 to 1.
But Caitlin wasn't going to turn her back from her passion
In Caitlin's early years she played the role of Francrsca "Frankie" Thomas which made a hit in both Australia, UK and Americas Nikolodean TV.
Caitlin scored the role Australia's soap opera "Neighbours" on 18 August 2005. By playing the role of Rachel 'Rach' Kinski and is still continuing the role.
In 2006 Caitlin appeared in the Channel 10 special "Australia's Brainiest Neighbour" and came second overall.
On 3 March 2012, Stasey and her sister were attacked by a group of teenage females near Mentone. Conflicting reports from news outlets place the location of the incident either aboard a Melbourne train or in Mentone Village. Stasey said that the incident was terrifying but she was fine. She called for harsher punishments for young people who commit violent crimes.
- Her first Neighbours episode aired on August 18 2005.
- Was ranked #15 on Girlfriend Magazines '20 Hottest Under 20'.
- She is related to 'Stephen Fry (I)' (qv) and has relations who live in Norfolk, United Kingdom.
- Is good friends with actress 'Natalie Blair' (qv), who recently just finished a film _Voodoo Lagoon (2006)_ (qv).
- Worked with 'Eliza Taylor-Cotter' (qv) (aka Janae Timmins on Neighbours) In both _"The Sleepover Club" (2003)_ (qv) and Neighbours. Ironically, Caitlin's character is dating Eliza's character's brother Scott, 'Ben Nicholas (II)' (qv).
- Attends weekly movie premieres in Melbourne, Australia invited by the cast of Neighbours.
- Her dad is a music manager for The Big Day Out, which is a massive music festival held in the show ground in Melbourne, Australia.
- Actress/Singer Neighbours star 'Holly Valance' (qv) went to the same school, Star of the Sea in Brighton.
Related sites for this celeb