Jun. 25th, 1979
Oak Park, Illinois, USA
Busy Philipps' Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2015 - The Gift
2013 - A Case of You
2011 - I Don't Know How She Does It
2009 - He's Just Not That Into You
2008 - Made of Honor
2004 - White Chicks
2002 - Home Room
2000 - The Smokers
Guest TV Roles
Herself - Guest
Herself - Guest
Philipps worked the toy-fair circuit as a real-life Barbie before making her show-business debut. Her first major role was as the part of Kim Kelly in Freaks and Geeks, in which she appeared in 17 of 18 episodes (the exception being the episode titled "Chokin' & Tokin'"). She later made her film debut in comedy The Smokers in 2000, as well as various other cameos on television.
In 2001, Philipps was cast as Audrey Liddell in the teen drama Dawson's Creek. She was a series regular in seasons 5 and 6, appearing in 46 episodes, before the show finished in 2003. Her role of Audrey earned Philipps a Teen Choice Awards nomination in the category of "TV - Choice Sidekick". She was later ranked #58 on the Maxim Hot 100 Women of 2001. Philipps later appeared in two films, Home Room (2002) and White Chicks (2004). She was cast in the UPN sitcom Love, Inc., in a role originally intended for 'Shannen Doherty'. The show lasted for one season (2005–2006) before being cancelled.
In 2006, she had a major recurring role as Hope Bobeck on ER. During her second year on ER, her character headed to South America to "fulfill her Christian mission". Philipps had a co-credit for the storyline of the 2007 comedy film Blades of Glory. A year later, Philipps returned to being in front of the camera with her supporting role in Made of Honor.
Philipps also made a brief appearance in He's Just Not That Into You as the character of Kelli Ann. Currently, Philipps plays Laurie Keller in the television series Cougar Town. Philipps also routinely contributes to the Thrilling Adventure Hour, a live stage radio show. Her primary reoccurring character is the Red Plains Rider.
On a 2010 appearance of Chelsea Lately, Phillipps commented that she auditioned for the hit television show Glee just one week after giving birth, following a pregnancy during which she gained 80 pounds.
Philipps married screenwriter Marc Silverstein in 2007. She gave birth to Birdie Leigh Silverstein, (August 13, 2008). Actress Lizzy Caplan is the godmother of Birdie. On December 10, 2012, Philips announced via twitter that she is pregnant with her second child, showing a picture of her positive pregnancy test.
- She attended Loyola Marymount University at the same time as 'Colin Hanks' (qv), 'Linda Cardellini' (qv) and 'Sarah Norton (VI)' (qv).
- Worked the toy fair circuit as a real-life Barbie before making her show-business debut.
- She attended Chaparral High School in Scottsdale, Arizona where she was taught by one of the greatest High School Theatre teachers, Deborah Carrick.
- (January 2008) Announced that she's expecting her first child with husband 'Marc Silverstein (I)' (qv).
- Filmed a pilot for a 2004 TV series for NBC called "Foster Home" with 'Macaulay Culkin' (qv), but the show was never picked up.
- Auditioned for the television show _"Roswell" (1999)_ (qv).
- Auditioned for the role of Lindsay Weir on _"Freaks and Geeks" (1999)_ (qv) before being cast as Kim Kelly.
- Her parents gave her the nickname Busy, because as an infant she was always moving, the name stuck, and it even appears on her driver's license.