Oct. 28th, 1949
Mount Kisco, New York, USA
Bruce Jenner's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Bruce Jenner is currently using the name Caitlyn Jenner.As Bruce Jenner she became an American hero after winning the gold medal in the men's decathlon at the 1976 Olympic Games in Montreal. The Soviets had won it the previous year in what was considered an American event. She retired from amateur competition after that that to take advantage of many lucrative endorsement deals that were offered. Including the almost traditional photo on the Wheaties breakfast cereal box. The brand calls itself the breakfast of champions.
Movie and TV roles followed. The most successful ones were in reality TV shows. Her third marriage, as Bruce Jenner, to Kris Kardashian brought her renewed fame as the step father to the Kardashians.
She and Kris divorced on March 23, 2015. In June of 2015, she completed her public gender transition and introduced herself as Caitlyn Jenner with an article and photo shoot in Vanity Fair magazine. A July 2015 Vanity Fair magazine cover photograph of Caitlyn Jenner by Annie Leibovitz followed marked the first time a transgender person has made the magazine's cover.
- He was Olympic decathlon winner 1976.
- Mentioned by name in the 'Pearl Jam' (qv) song "Olympic Platinum".
- His father was a pole vaulter in the Army.
- Daughter Kendall's middle name "Nicole" was in honor of 'Nicole Brown Simpson' (qv).
- Did a series of ads for "Wheaties", one of these was parodied in a _"Saturday Night Live" (1975)_ (qv) faux ad with 'John Belushi' (qv).
- Inducted into the U.S. Olympic Hall of Fame, 1986.
- 'Kathie Lee Gifford' (qv) is the godmother of his daughter, 'Kendall Jenner' (qv).
- His daughter, 'Casey Jenner' (qv), with 'Chrystie Jenner' (qv), was born after their divorce.