Sep. 8th, 1971
Hartford, Connecticut, USA
Brooke Burke's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Brooke Burke is recognized worldwide as the hottest tour guide and adrenaline junkie on E!'s popular travel series, "Wild On..." (1997) seen in 120 countries and in more than 400 million homes. She has graced numerous magazine covers, has top-selling swimsuit calendars and is regularly ranked in men's magazines as one of the sexiest women in the world today.
Brooke teamed with CBS and executive producer Mark Burnett (I) ("Survivor") to co-host the hot reality series, "Rock Star: INXS" (2005), with celebrated rock guitarist Dave Navarro (IV) (formerly of 'Janes Addiction and Red Hot Chili Peppers). The series combined the world of rock music with relationship-style unscripted drama, performance competition and a weekly contestant elimination. The last singer standing (J.D. Fortune) became the lead singer of the internationally renowned band INXS. The following year, Brooke and Navarro once again co-hosted a second installment of the series, "Rock Star: Supernova" (2006), which was comprised of rockers Tommy Lee (I), Jason Newsted and Gilby Clarke.
Brooke stars in EA Games' hot video game "Need for Speed: Underground 2" where she plays "Rachel Teller", a street-wise adrenaline junkie who runs an elite, underground street racing circuit. For her performance, she received a Spike TV Video Game Award for Best Performance by a Human-Female. She also lends her voice to Atari's "Trivial Pursuit Unhinged" video game as the celebrity host of its "People and Places" category.
On the acting front, Brooke has guest-starred on the television series "Las Vegas" (2003), "Less Than Perfect" (2002), "Eve" (2003), "It's All Relative" (2003), "The Bernie Mac Show" (2001), "Monk" (2002), "Rock Me, Baby" (2003) and "That's Life" (2000). She made her stage debut performing a celebrity guest "CenterPIECE" monologue for the Los Angeles premiere of the hit off-Broadway play, "Pieces (Of Ass)". She also appeared in a high profile Burger King commercial, which debuted during Super Bowl XL.
During her three-year stint as host of "Wild On..." (1997), Brooke redefined the term exotic location. She has guided tours from the Australian Outback to the Mayan Riviera, and from the endangered Bamboo forests of Bali to the hyperthyroid nightlife of the world's most exotic party capitals. From grasping the fin of a wild shark in Belize to flying a Russian MIG 17 at negative G's, this is the wild child who has done it all. Born with a thirst to explore, Brooke experienced each country as a culture, not as a tourist destination.
Raised in Tucson, Arizona, Brooke developed an affinity for the desert as a child and never envisioned herself as a Hollywood personality or television star. "When I was young, I wanted to do something innocuous, like become a drummer in a rock and roll band", says Brooke, whose French, Irish and Portuguese descent make up her stunningly exotic visage.
Brooke, the entrepreneur, has just launched an online store, BabooshBaby.com, featuring her hero product called "tauts." As a mother of three young girls, Brooke has had the opportunity to try the best of everything "mommy related" and decided to develop a specialty line of must-haves for all expectant mothers. At BabooshBaby.com, Brooke shares her secrets and insights on how she was able to get back into shape quickly and naturally after giving birth. For more information, visit www.BabooshBaby.com.
Despite her hectic schedule, Brooke enjoys spending time with her daughters, doing yoga, pilates, the "Core Secrets" ball workout, taking long walks along mountain trails or secluded beaches, preparing gourmet holiday meals for her family and friends, and catching movies and plays.
We can be certain that whatever undertaking is in the future for this remarkable woman, it will be awe-inspiring. "I never intended to make the cross-over from modeling to hosting to acting, but when an incredible opportunity comes along, I'm all for it", she concludes. And the sky's the limit for this gorgeous and talented ingénue for whom film, television and entertainment portals continue to open.
- Studied business advertising and broadcast journalism at Santa Monica College and UCLA.
- Co-host, with 'Gunnar Peterson (I)' (qv), of an infomercial for Peterson's "Core Secrets" workouts. Also appearing are 'Maeve Quinlan' (qv), 'Angie Everhart' (qv), 'Jason Sehorn' (qv) and Brooke's friend (Kimberly Mills) .
- Is a direct descendant of the French knight William De Burgo who settled in Ireland during the 12th century. De Burgo in turn claimed to be descendant of the 8th century French king Charlemain. De Burgo's descendants went on to became one of Ireland's most powerful clans.
- Won first beauty pageant at age 14.
- (June 2002) Voted in at #24 in FHM's Sexiest Girls of 2002 poll, American edition, up from #99 in the 2001 poll. This comes as she prepares to hand over the hostessing duties of _"Wild On..." (1997)_ (qv) to her successor, who will be voted on by E!'s viewing public. She will stay on through November 2002, then switch over to hostessing the show _"Rank" (2001)_ (qv) full-time.
- Son, with 'David Charvet' (qv), Shaya Braven Burke, born March 5, 2008. He was 6 lbs. 8 oz. and 19 inches long.
- CEO of ModernMom.Com.
- Daughter, Heaven Rain Charvet, was born on 8 January 2007 in Santa Monica, California. She weighed 6 pounds, 8 ounces, and was 18 3/4 inches long.