Mar. 9th, 1986
Tampa, Florida, USA
Brittany Snow's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Brittany Anne Snow (born March 9, 1986) is an American television and film actress and singer. She is known for her roles as Meg Pryor in American Dreams, Daisy Lemay in Guiding Light, Amber Von Tussle in Hairspray, Donna Keppel in Prom Night and Jenna Backstrom in the NBC legal drama Harry's Law.
Snow was born and raised in Tampa, Florida. She attended Gaither High School in Tampa. Her mother, Cindy Johannah (née Archer), works for Prentice Hall, and her father, John Thomas Snow, Sr., ran an insurance agency until retiring to organize Brittany's schedule. She has one half-brother, John Jr., and a half-sister, Holly; both of them live in Ohio.
Snow has spoken openly about her battles with eating disorder.
Snow began modeling at the age of three and a half in a print ad for Burdines. She was on CBS' Guiding Light for three years as troubled teen Susan/Daisy Lemay. She played Meg Pryor on NBC's American Dreams and neo-Nazi high school student Ariel Alderman on the third season of Nip/Tuck. In 2005, she appeared in The Pacifier with action star Vin Diesel.
In 2006, she was in the film John Tucker Must Die and voiced Naminé in the video game Kingdom Hearts II as well as Shizuku Tsukishima in the Studio Ghibli film Whisper of the Heart, along with 'Ashley Tisdale'. She also portrayed a young woman afflicted with bipolar disorder in the season seven finale of Law & Order: Special Victims Unit. Snow appeared on the music video for "The Phrase That Pays" by The Academy Is... which was released in July 2006.
Snow appeared in Hairspray, a film adaptation of the Broadway musical, playing Amber Von Tussle, the daughter of Michelle Pfeiffer's character. She had already worked with the director of Hairspray (Adam Shankman) on the Disney film The Pacifier. With her role in Hairspray, her musical side is shown in several numbers, including a solo entitled "The New Girl In Town", a song previously cut from the Broadway musical version. She played the lead role in Prom Night, which was released in April 2008.
Snow is set to play the lead, Alyssa, in the film adaptation of Clock Tower, to be released in 2012. She stars alongside 'Evan Ross' in the cautionary thriller 96 Minutes.
In 2011, Snow appeared in the short lived CBS' romantic comedy Mad Love.
Snow appeared as a series regular in the first season of the legal drama Harry's Law as Jenna, which premiered on January 17, 2011, created by David E. Kelley. Snow returned as a recurring character in the series for season two.
In 2012, Snow starred in the musical comedy film Pitch Perfect as a capella singer Chloe alongside 'Anna Kendrick', 'Anna Camp', 'Rebel Wilson', 'Alexis Knapp' and 'Skylar Astin'.
- Her best friend is 'Vanessa Lengies' (qv), her former _"American Dreams" (2002)_ (qv) co-star.
- Her favorite actresses are 'Meg Ryan (I)' (qv), 'Natalie Portman' (qv) and 'Reese Witherspoon' (qv).
- Her parents are John and Cynthia Snow.
- Ranked #93 on the Maxim magazine Hot 100 of 2008 list.
- Has suffered from anorexia, exercise bulimia and suppression and had gotten down to a weight of 85 pounds, until she got help at age 17.
- Best friends with actresses 'Sophia Bush' (qv), 'Arielle Kebbel' (qv), 'Ashanti (II)' (qv), 'Bethany Joy Galeotti' (qv) and 'Ashley Tisdale' (qv).
- She was a straight-A student. She once got a B on a report card, and her parents got her a tutor to get her back on track.
- Resides in Tampa, Florida.