Dec. 2nd, 1981
Kentwood, Louisiana, USA
Britney Spears' Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2010 - Smash His Camera
2008 - Religulous
2004 - Super Size Me
2002 - Austin Powers in Goldmember
2002 - Crossroads
Guest TV Roles
Herself - Judge
Britney Jean Spears was born in rural Louisiana (Kentwood) on December 2, 1981, to Jamie and Lynne Spears. As a child, Britney attended dance classes, and she was great at gymnastics, winning many competitions and the like. But, most of all, Britney loved to sing. At age 8, Britney tried out for "MMC" (1989), but was turned down due to her young age. This directed her to an off-Broadway show, "Ruthless", for a 2-year run as the title character. At age 11, she again tried for "MMC" (1989) and this time made it as a mouseketeer along side many stars of today (Justin Timberlake and J.C. Chasez of N*Sync and Ryan Gosling (I)). Her big break, however, came when she was signed as a Jive Recording Artist in the late 90s. With the release of her debut album, "...Baby One More Time" in early 1999, Britney became an international success, selling 13 million copies of "Baby" and 9 million (as of July 2001) of her sophomore album, "Oops!...I Did It Again," released in May of 2000.
- October 2000: Chicago-based DNA Visual Business Solutions filed a lawsuit against her and her marketing companies, including Britney Brands, Inc., claiming that they failed to pay fees due to the web-designing company for helping set up the pop star's website, www.britneyspears.com.
- 2000: Announced that she will attend college and eventually wants to study entertainment law.
- The school scenes in her "Baby One More Time" music video were filmed in the same place the movie _Grease (1978)_ (qv) was shot.
- Wrote a "letter of truth" to her fans which was published on her official website, telling her fans that she needed to take a hiatus from her career to concentrate on her marriage with her new husband 'Kevin Federline' (qv) and start a family with him. The move thus displeased her bosses at Jive Records.
- 2006: Michael Fredo wrote a song about her called "Popstar Lovelife (Britney, I Know)".
- 2001: During the concert "Rock in Rio" in Brazil, a tape recorder caught her swearing on a microphone she wasn't aware was connected. She was complaining about the fact that they weren't playing a vamp before she was to go on stage. Tape recordings of the incident were downloaded by Napster users.
- 2003: Ranked #30 in Maxim's Hot 100 Issue. Placed just ahead of 'Brittany Murphy' (qv) and 'Mya (I)' (qv), and behind 'Rebecca Romijn' (qv), 'Rachel Nichols (I)' (qv), 'Kelly Clarkson' (qv) and 'Halle Berry' (qv).
- In her first song "Baby One More Time" there is a line "My loneliness is killing me" and in another of her songs, "Stronger", there is a line "My loneliness ain't killing me no more".