Dec. 2nd, 1981
Kentwood, Louisiana, USA
Britney Spears' Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2010 - Smash His Camera
2008 - Religulous
2004 - Super Size Me
2002 - Austin Powers in Goldmember
2002 - Crossroads
Guest TV Roles
Herself - Judge
Britney Jean Spears was born in rural Louisiana (Kentwood) on December 2, 1981, to Jamie and Lynne Spears. As a child, Britney attended dance classes, and she was great at gymnastics, winning many competitions and the like. But, most of all, Britney loved to sing. At age 8, Britney tried out for "MMC" (1989), but was turned down due to her young age. This directed her to an off-Broadway show, "Ruthless", for a 2-year run as the title character. At age 11, she again tried for "MMC" (1989) and this time made it as a mouseketeer along side many stars of today (Justin Timberlake and J.C. Chasez of N*Sync and Ryan Gosling (I)). Her big break, however, came when she was signed as a Jive Recording Artist in the late 90s. With the release of her debut album, "...Baby One More Time" in early 1999, Britney became an international success, selling 13 million copies of "Baby" and 9 million (as of July 2001) of her sophomore album, "Oops!...I Did It Again," released in May of 2000.
- She was awarded a Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame for Recording at 6801 Hollywood Boulevard in Hollywood, California.
- Studied at NYC's Professional Performing Arts School.
- June 2001: Two Texas DJs created a panic for her fans when they falsely reported that the pop princess and her boyfriend, NSYNC's 'Justin Timberlake' (qv), were in a car accident and that she had died in the crash.
- 4/2/07: Crowned the "April Fool" (by 76% of all voters) in the "Most Foolish" survey of New York publicist Jeff Barge.
- September 2001: The People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) complained to her about the use of four caged cheetahs and a snake for her performance at the 2001 MTV Video Music Awards, claiming that animals trained for performances are mistreated during the training.
- February 2007: After shaving her own head with clippers in a Sherman Oaks (CA) hair salon, she visited a tattoo parlor and got several tattoos. Her weird behavior caused worldwide public attention. Some days later she admitted herself to a California treatment facility, but checked out after less than 24 hours.
- 11/17/03: Received star on Hollywood Walk of Fame. She is tied with 'Melissa Gilbert (I)' (qv) for being the youngest person to accept a Walk of Fame star.
- May 2004: She finally gained the top spot in FHM's "100 Sexiest Women in the World 2004", moving up from #2 last year.