Dec. 2nd, 1981
Kentwood, Louisiana, USA
Britney Spears' Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2010 - Smash His Camera
2008 - Religulous
2004 - Super Size Me
2002 - Austin Powers in Goldmember
2002 - Crossroads
Guest TV Roles
Herself - Judge
Britney Jean Spears was born in rural Louisiana (Kentwood) on December 2, 1981, to Jamie and Lynne Spears. As a child, Britney attended dance classes, and she was great at gymnastics, winning many competitions and the like. But, most of all, Britney loved to sing. At age 8, Britney tried out for "MMC" (1989), but was turned down due to her young age. This directed her to an off-Broadway show, "Ruthless", for a 2-year run as the title character. At age 11, she again tried for "MMC" (1989) and this time made it as a mouseketeer along side many stars of today (Justin Timberlake and J.C. Chasez of N*Sync and Ryan Gosling (I)). Her big break, however, came when she was signed as a Jive Recording Artist in the late 90s. With the release of her debut album, "...Baby One More Time" in early 1999, Britney became an international success, selling 13 million copies of "Baby" and 9 million (as of July 2001) of her sophomore album, "Oops!...I Did It Again," released in May of 2000.
- September 2001: The People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) complained to her about the use of four caged cheetahs and a snake for her performance at the 2001 MTV Video Music Awards, claiming that animals trained for performances are mistreated during the training.
- Daughter of 'Lynne Spears' (qv).
- August 2006: Posed nude for the cover of "Harper's Bazaar", in a photo similar to 'Demi Moore' (qv)'s famous September 1991 cover of "Vanity Fair".
- 2002: Arrived an hour late for the UK premiere of _Crossroads (2002/I)_ (qv) and snubbed fans who had been waiting for her to arrive.
- 2003: Ranked #2 in FHM's 100 Sexiest Women In The World , in front of 'Carmen Electra' (qv) and behind top-ranked 'Halle Berry' (qv).
- Likes to wear T-shirts with slogans on them
- Spears chose Cynthia Wolff's 4-carat cushion-cut diamond set on two slim platinum bands with micropave diamonds.
- Actress 'Claudette Lali' (qv) was her wardrobe stylist.