Dec. 2nd, 1981
Kentwood, Louisiana, USA
Britney Spears' Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2010 - Smash His Camera
2008 - Religulous
2004 - Super Size Me
2002 - Austin Powers in Goldmember
2002 - Crossroads
Guest TV Roles
Herself - Judge
Britney Jean Spears was born in rural Louisiana (Kentwood) on December 2, 1981, to Jamie and Lynne Spears. As a child, Britney attended dance classes, and she was great at gymnastics, winning many competitions and the like. But, most of all, Britney loved to sing. At age 8, Britney tried out for "MMC" (1989), but was turned down due to her young age. This directed her to an off-Broadway show, "Ruthless", for a 2-year run as the title character. At age 11, she again tried for "MMC" (1989) and this time made it as a mouseketeer along side many stars of today (Justin Timberlake and J.C. Chasez of N*Sync and Ryan Gosling (I)). Her big break, however, came when she was signed as a Jive Recording Artist in the late 90s. With the release of her debut album, "...Baby One More Time" in early 1999, Britney became an international success, selling 13 million copies of "Baby" and 9 million (as of July 2001) of her sophomore album, "Oops!...I Did It Again," released in May of 2000.
- Studied at NYC's Professional Performing Arts School.
- 2004: Offered to perform at the Republican National Convention, but was turned down.
- March 2003: Is at work on her fourth album, which is due in October 2003.
- 1/3/04: "Taking a joke too far," according to a statement released by her label, she married childhood friend Jason Alexander at the Little White Wedding Chapel in Las Vegas, but quickly had it annulled.
- Spears chose Cynthia Wolff's 4-carat cushion-cut diamond set on two slim platinum bands with micropave diamonds.
- She was awarded a Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame for Recording at 6801 Hollywood Boulevard in Hollywood, California.
- Spring 2004: Had emergency arthroscopic surgery after she injured her knee an the set of her music video "Outrageous".
- Has British ancestry on her mother's side of her family.