Dec. 2nd, 1981
Kentwood, Louisiana, USA
Britney Spears' Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2010 - Smash His Camera
2008 - Religulous
2004 - Super Size Me
2002 - Austin Powers in Goldmember
2002 - Crossroads
Guest TV Roles
Herself - Judge
Britney Jean Spears was born in rural Louisiana (Kentwood) on December 2, 1981, to Jamie and Lynne Spears. As a child, Britney attended dance classes, and she was great at gymnastics, winning many competitions and the like. But, most of all, Britney loved to sing. At age 8, Britney tried out for "MMC" (1989), but was turned down due to her young age. This directed her to an off-Broadway show, "Ruthless", for a 2-year run as the title character. At age 11, she again tried for "MMC" (1989) and this time made it as a mouseketeer along side many stars of today (Justin Timberlake and J.C. Chasez of N*Sync and Ryan Gosling (I)). Her big break, however, came when she was signed as a Jive Recording Artist in the late 90s. With the release of her debut album, "...Baby One More Time" in early 1999, Britney became an international success, selling 13 million copies of "Baby" and 9 million (as of July 2001) of her sophomore album, "Oops!...I Did It Again," released in May of 2000.
- 1996, 1997: Elected junior high most beautiful.
- September 2000: Her flesh-colored outfit at the MTV Video Music Awards created a stir, as it made her look scantily clad.
- Has two stepchildren (her ex-husband's children from a previous relationship): Kori (b. July 31 2002,) and Kaleb (b. July 20, 2004).
- 2006: Was named most searched name on internet search engine Yahoo!.
- The school scenes in her "Baby One More Time" music video were filmed in the same place the movie _Grease (1978)_ (qv) was shot.
- 2000: Was voted by 'People' magazine as the fourth most influential person of that year.
- August 2006: Posed nude for the cover of "Harper's Bazaar", in a photo similar to 'Demi Moore' (qv)'s famous September 1991 cover of "Vanity Fair".
- July 2001: Jive Records announced that her third LP is due November 6, 2001.