May. 5th, 1959
Elmira, New York, USA
Brian Williams' Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2009 - By the People: The Election of Barack Obama
2008 - I.O.U.S.A.
2007 - The 11th Hour
Guest TV Roles
Himself - Host
Brian Williams (Voiced)
- Has two children
- At the 2007 Radio and Television Correspondents' Association dinner, Williams was pulled up on stage by Improv comedians 'Colin Mochrie' (qv) and 'Brad Sherwood' (qv) and made sound effects as the two comedians performed a skit.
- Replaced Maury Povich as host of locally produced Washington D.C chat show Panorama in 1985.
- In "The Head and the Hair" episode of the sitcom _"30 Rock" (2006)_ (qv), Jack and Kenneth are sent to clean up Williams' dressing room while he is apparently at the liquor store - in the room they find underwear filled with bird seed and graffiti on the wall reading "'Katie Couric' (qv) Sucks".
- He is a big New York Giants fan. On _"Late Night with Conan O'Brien" (1993)_ (qv), Williams announced he "bleeds Giants blue".
- Attended Mater Dei High School in New Monmouth, New Jersey
- Known to have been a big 'Dale Earnhardt' (qv) fan, even visiting Earnhardt a few times (Williams and his son Douglas were at Talladega Super speedway in October 1999 for a race when Williams interviewed Earnhardt for his show.
- Will take over for 'Tom Brokaw' (qv) on the _"NBC Nightly News" (1970)_ (qv) in November 2004 after the elections.