May. 5th, 1959
Elmira, New York, USA
Brian Williams' Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2015 - Live From New York!
2014 - Glen Campbell: I'll Be Me
2013 - The Fifth Estate
2009 - By the People: The Election of Barack Obama
2008 - I.O.U.S.A.
2008 - Consuming Kids: The Commercialization of Childhood
Guest TV Roles
Himself - Anchor
Himself - Hosting Republican Debate
Brian Williams (Voiced)
Himself - Newscaster
- Currently the longest serving network news anchor with the retirements of 'Tom Brokaw' (qv) and 'Dan Rather' (qv) and the death of 'Peter Jennings (I)' (qv).
- Received honorary doctorate from Elmira College in May 1998
- A native of both New York and New Jersey
- Named "Father of the Year" by the National Fathers' Day Committee in 1996
- In "The Head and the Hair" episode of the sitcom _"30 Rock" (2006)_ (qv), Jack and Kenneth are sent to clean up Williams' dressing room while he is apparently at the liquor store - in the room they find underwear filled with bird seed and graffiti on the wall reading "'Katie Couric' (qv) Sucks".
- Will take over for 'Tom Brokaw' (qv) on the _"NBC Nightly News" (1970)_ (qv) in November 2004 after the elections.
- Has won several Emmys
- He is a big New York Giants fan. On _"Late Night with Conan O'Brien" (1993)_ (qv), Williams announced he "bleeds Giants blue".