May. 5th, 1959
Elmira, New York, USA
Brian Williams' Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2009 - By the People: The Election of Barack Obama
2008 - I.O.U.S.A.
2007 - The 11th Hour
Guest TV Roles
Himself - Host
Brian Williams (Voiced)
- Currently the longest serving network news anchor with the retirements of 'Tom Brokaw' (qv) and 'Dan Rather' (qv) and the death of 'Peter Jennings (I)' (qv).
- Worked as an intern during the administration of U.S. President 'Jimmy Carter (I)' (qv).
- Spent several years as a volunteer firefighter in New Jersey
- Replaced Maury Povich as host of locally produced Washington D.C chat show Panorama in 1985.
- Received honorary doctorate from Elmira College in May 1998
- In "The Head and the Hair" episode of the sitcom _"30 Rock" (2006)_ (qv), Jack and Kenneth are sent to clean up Williams' dressing room while he is apparently at the liquor store - in the room they find underwear filled with bird seed and graffiti on the wall reading "'Katie Couric' (qv) Sucks".
- Has appeared three times on _"The Daily Show" (1996)_ (qv) as a celebrity guest and interviewed by 'Jon Stewart' (qv), most recently on Tuesday, August 8th, 2006. A gag involving his head being projected on a screen behind Stewart has been used twice since the show moved to a new set on April 9, 2007; during one of these appearances, the head actually addressed and made fun of Stewart as part of the joke.
- Named "Father of the Year" by the National Fathers' Day Committee in 1996