May. 5th, 1959
Elmira, New York, USA
Brian Williams' Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2009 - By the People: The Election of Barack Obama
2008 - I.O.U.S.A.
2007 - The 11th Hour
Guest TV Roles
Himself - Host
Brian Williams (Voiced)
- Has appeared three times on _"The Daily Show" (1996)_ (qv) as a celebrity guest and interviewed by 'Jon Stewart' (qv), most recently on Tuesday, August 8th, 2006. A gag involving his head being projected on a screen behind Stewart has been used twice since the show moved to a new set on April 9, 2007; during one of these appearances, the head actually addressed and made fun of Stewart as part of the joke.
- At the 2007 Radio and Television Correspondents' Association dinner, Williams was pulled up on stage by Improv comedians 'Colin Mochrie' (qv) and 'Brad Sherwood' (qv) and made sound effects as the two comedians performed a skit.
- In "The Head and the Hair" episode of the sitcom _"30 Rock" (2006)_ (qv), Jack and Kenneth are sent to clean up Williams' dressing room while he is apparently at the liquor store - in the room they find underwear filled with bird seed and graffiti on the wall reading "'Katie Couric' (qv) Sucks".
- Will take over for 'Tom Brokaw' (qv) on the _"NBC Nightly News" (1970)_ (qv) in November 2004 after the elections.
- Replaced Maury Povich as host of locally produced Washington D.C chat show Panorama in 1985.
- Worked as an intern during the administration of U.S. President 'Jimmy Carter (I)' (qv).
- Received an honorary doctorate from the Catholic university of America in May of 2004 although he never graduated from there.
- Is an occasional guest on _"The Tonight Show with Jay Leno" (1992)_ (qv), _"Late Night with Conan O'Brien" (1993)_ (qv), and _"Late Show with David Letterman" (1993)_ (qv).