May. 5th, 1959
Elmira, New York, USA
Brian Williams' Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2015 - Live From New York!
2014 - Glen Campbell: I'll Be Me
2013 - The Fifth Estate
2009 - By the People: The Election of Barack Obama
2008 - I.O.U.S.A.
2008 - Consuming Kids: The Commercialization of Childhood
Guest TV Roles
Himself - Anchor
Himself - Hosting Republican Debate
Brian Williams (Voiced)
Himself - Newscaster
- At the 2007 Radio and Television Correspondents' Association dinner, Williams was pulled up on stage by Improv comedians 'Colin Mochrie' (qv) and 'Brad Sherwood' (qv) and made sound effects as the two comedians performed a skit.
- Has appeared three times on _"The Daily Show" (1996)_ (qv) as a celebrity guest and interviewed by 'Jon Stewart' (qv), most recently on Tuesday, August 8th, 2006. A gag involving his head being projected on a screen behind Stewart has been used twice since the show moved to a new set on April 9, 2007; during one of these appearances, the head actually addressed and made fun of Stewart as part of the joke.
- In "The Head and the Hair" episode of the sitcom _"30 Rock" (2006)_ (qv), Jack and Kenneth are sent to clean up Williams' dressing room while he is apparently at the liquor store - in the room they find underwear filled with bird seed and graffiti on the wall reading "'Katie Couric' (qv) Sucks".
- Received honorary doctorate from Elmira College in May 1998
- Attended Mater Dei High School in New Monmouth, New Jersey
- Worked in the White House during the Carter administration
- Lives in Connecticut
- Currently the longest serving network news anchor with the retirements of 'Tom Brokaw' (qv) and 'Dan Rather' (qv) and the death of 'Peter Jennings (I)' (qv).