May. 5th, 1959
Elmira, New York, USA
Brian Williams' Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
- Has won several Emmys
- At the 2007 Radio and Television Correspondents' Association dinner, Williams was pulled up on stage by Improv comedians 'Colin Mochrie' (qv) and 'Brad Sherwood' (qv) and made sound effects as the two comedians performed a skit.
- In "The Head and the Hair" episode of the sitcom _"30 Rock" (2006)_ (qv), Jack and Kenneth are sent to clean up Williams' dressing room while he is apparently at the liquor store - in the room they find underwear filled with bird seed and graffiti on the wall reading "'Katie Couric' (qv) Sucks".
- Currently the longest serving network news anchor with the retirements of 'Tom Brokaw' (qv) and 'Dan Rather' (qv) and the death of 'Peter Jennings (I)' (qv).
- Replaced Maury Povich as host of locally produced Washington D.C chat show Panorama in 1985.
- Received an honorary doctorate from the Catholic university of America in May of 2004 although he never graduated from there.
- Named "Father of the Year" by the National Fathers' Day Committee in 1996
- Is an occasional guest on _"The Tonight Show with Jay Leno" (1992)_ (qv), _"Late Night with Conan O'Brien" (1993)_ (qv), and _"Late Show with David Letterman" (1993)_ (qv).