May. 5th, 1959
Elmira, New York, USA
Brian Williams' Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2009 - By the People: The Election of Barack Obama
2008 - I.O.U.S.A.
2007 - The 11th Hour
Guest TV Roles
Himself - Host
Brian Williams (Voiced)
- In "The Head and the Hair" episode of the sitcom _"30 Rock" (2006)_ (qv), Jack and Kenneth are sent to clean up Williams' dressing room while he is apparently at the liquor store - in the room they find underwear filled with bird seed and graffiti on the wall reading "'Katie Couric' (qv) Sucks".
- Spent several years as a volunteer firefighter in New Jersey
- Received honorary doctorate from Elmira College in May 1998
- Has appeared three times on _"The Daily Show" (1996)_ (qv) as a celebrity guest and interviewed by 'Jon Stewart' (qv), most recently on Tuesday, August 8th, 2006. A gag involving his head being projected on a screen behind Stewart has been used twice since the show moved to a new set on April 9, 2007; during one of these appearances, the head actually addressed and made fun of Stewart as part of the joke.
- Replaced Maury Povich as host of locally produced Washington D.C chat show Panorama in 1985.
- Will take over for 'Tom Brokaw' (qv) on the _"NBC Nightly News" (1970)_ (qv) in November 2004 after the elections.
- Has won several Emmys
- At the 2007 Radio and Television Correspondents' Association dinner, Williams was pulled up on stage by Improv comedians 'Colin Mochrie' (qv) and 'Brad Sherwood' (qv) and made sound effects as the two comedians performed a skit.