May. 5th, 1959
Elmira, New York, USA
Brian Williams' Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2009 - By the People: The Election of Barack Obama
2008 - I.O.U.S.A.
2007 - The 11th Hour
Guest TV Roles
Himself - Host
Brian Williams (Voiced)
- At the 2007 Radio and Television Correspondents' Association dinner, Williams was pulled up on stage by Improv comedians 'Colin Mochrie' (qv) and 'Brad Sherwood' (qv) and made sound effects as the two comedians performed a skit.
- Will take over for 'Tom Brokaw' (qv) on the _"NBC Nightly News" (1970)_ (qv) in November 2004 after the elections.
- Known to have been a big 'Dale Earnhardt' (qv) fan, even visiting Earnhardt a few times (Williams and his son Douglas were at Talladega Super speedway in October 1999 for a race when Williams interviewed Earnhardt for his show.
- In "The Head and the Hair" episode of the sitcom _"30 Rock" (2006)_ (qv), Jack and Kenneth are sent to clean up Williams' dressing room while he is apparently at the liquor store - in the room they find underwear filled with bird seed and graffiti on the wall reading "'Katie Couric' (qv) Sucks".
- Attended Mater Dei High School in New Monmouth, New Jersey
- Named "Father of the Year" by the National Fathers' Day Committee in 1996
- Received honorary doctorate from Elmira College in May 1998
- Received an honorary doctorate from the Catholic university of America in May of 2004 although he never graduated from there.