75 (passed away Jun. 24th, 1997)
Nov. 14th, 1921
Bayonne, New Jersey, USA
Brian Keith's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles1988 - Young Guns
1981 - Sharky's Machine
1979 - Meteor
1978 - Hooper
1975 - The Wind and the Lion
1970 - The McKenzie Break
1967 - Reflections in a Golden Eye
1966 - The Rare Breed
1966 - The Russians Are Coming the Russians Are Coming
1966 - Nevada Smith
1965 - The Hallelujah Trail
1965 - Those Calloways
1961 - The Deadly Companions
1961 - The Parent Trap
1959 - The Young Philadelphians
1957 - Nightfall
1957 - Chicago Confidential
1957 - Run of the Arrow
1956 - Storm Center
1955 - 5 Against the House
1947 - Boomerang!
1940 - Knute Rockne All American
Guest TV Roles
Dr. Sean Jamison
William 'Bill' Dunn
Uncle Ben Parker (Voiced)
First Sgt. Gault
Sergeant Patrick Cohan
Son of character actor Robert Keith (I) and stage actress Helena Shipman. He grew up on the road with his parents while they toured in plays. First appeared at age 3 in film Pied Piper Malone (1924) with his father. Began acting in radio programs and on stage before World War II. Joined the Marines and served as a machine gunner. Returned to Broadway stage after the war and branched out into television and film. Worked as an extra in several films before achieving speaking roles and subsequent stardom.
- Was fluent in Russian.
- He graduated from East Rockaway High School in East Rockaway, New York, in 1939.
- Was diagnosed with emphysema and lung cancer. He also had financial problems and was depressed by the suicide of his daughter, which eventually led to his own suicide.
- Before he was a successful actor, he began acting in stock productions and on radio.
- Was raised in Long Island, New York, by his grandmother.
- At the time of his death, he was suffering from emphysema and terminal lung cancer, as well as mourning the recent gunshot suicide of his 27-year-old daughter, 'Daisy Keith' (qv), only ten weeks prior. His own suicide happened after he returned from a stay at a hospital.
- Actors 'Kathy Garver' (qv) and 'Johnny Whitaker' (qv) were said to be huge fans of his when they were both growing up. They both co-starred alongside him on _"Family Affair" (1966)_ (qv), and stayed on the show until its cancellation in 1971.
- His first son died in childhood. Daughter, 'Daisy Keith' (qv) committed suicide 10 weeks before her father's suicide, aged 27.
Related sites for this celeb