Jun. 1st, 1946
Dundee, Scotland, UK
Guest TV Roles
King Vesper Abaddon
The Mastermind (Voiced)
Brian Cox is an Emmy Award-winning actor, first coming to attention in the early 1970s with performances in numerous television films. His first big break was as "Dr. Hannibal Lecter (/Lecktor)" in Manhunter (1986). The film was not overly successful at the box office, although Cox's career prospects and popularity continued to develop. Throughout the 1990s, he appeared in nearly 20 films and television shows, as well as making numerous TV guest appearances.
More recently Cox has had roles in some major films, including The Corruptor (1999), The Ring (2002) and X2 (2003).
- Has a son, 'Alan Cox (I)' (qv), who starred in _Young Sherlock Holmes (1985)_ (qv).
- He played Hannibal Lecter in the film, _Manhunter (1986)_ (qv). In 2002, he co-starred with 'Edward Norton (I)' (qv) and 'Philip Seymour Hoffman' (qv) in the film _25th Hour (2002)_ (qv). In 2002, Norton and Hoffman also starred in _Red Dragon (2002)_ (qv), which was a remake of _Manhunter (1986)_ (qv).
- Has worked with two Eomers. In the Sharpe films (_Sharpe's Eagle (1993) (TV)_ (qv) and _Sharpe's Rifles (1993) (TV)_ (qv)), with 'Sean Bean' (qv), he appears with 'Anthony Hyde' (qv), who played the role in the BBC radio broadcast. In _The Bourne Supremacy (2004)_ (qv), he appears with 'Karl Urban' (qv), who played the role in 'Peter Jackson (I)' (qv)'s films.
- First actor to portray Dr. Hannibal Lecter on the screen.
- Alumnus of The London Academy of Music and Dramatic Art.
- He was awarded the 'Laurence Olivier' (qv) Theatre Award in 1989 (1988 season) for Best Actor in a Revival for "Titus Andronicus".
- He does not watch or view his own work.
- Second son Torin Kamran Charles born October 2004.