Jun. 1st, 1946
Dundee, Scotland, UK
Brian Cox's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Brian Cox is an Emmy Award-winning actor, first coming to attention in the early 1970s with performances in numerous television films. His first big break was as "Dr. Hannibal Lecter (/Lecktor)" in Manhunter (1986). The film was not overly successful at the box office, although Cox's career prospects and popularity continued to develop. Throughout the 1990s, he appeared in nearly 20 films and television shows, as well as making numerous TV guest appearances.
More recently Cox has had roles in some major films, including The Corruptor (1999), The Ring (2002) and X2 (2003).
- He does not watch or view his own work.
- After graduating from LAMDA, he spent several seasons with the Royal National Theatre in London, England.
- The scene in _X2 (2003)_ (qv) where Magneto escapes from prison is modeled after Hannibal Lecter's escape in _The Silence of the Lambs (1991)_ (qv) - the sequel to Cox's film _Manhunter (1986)_ (qv), in which he played Lecter.
- Son 'Alan Cox (I)' (qv) (a professional actor) and daughter Margaret, from his 18-year marriage to Caroline Burt (they divorced in 1986.). A second son was born 31 Jan 2002 from his wife 'Nicole Ansari-Cox' (qv).
- Youngest of 5 children.
- Appears in _Manhunter (1986)_ (qv) with 'Joan Allen (I)' (qv), they went on to work together 18 years later on the movie _The Bourne Supremacy (2004)_ (qv).
- He played Hannibal Lecter in the film, _Manhunter (1986)_ (qv). In 2002, he co-starred with 'Edward Norton (I)' (qv) and 'Philip Seymour Hoffman' (qv) in the film _25th Hour (2002)_ (qv). In 2002, Norton and Hoffman also starred in _Red Dragon (2002)_ (qv), which was a remake of _Manhunter (1986)_ (qv).
- Second son Torin Kamran Charles born October 2004.