Jun. 1st, 1946
Dundee, Scotland, UK
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Brian Cox is an Emmy Award-winning actor, first coming to attention in the early 1970s with performances in numerous television films. His first big break was as "Dr. Hannibal Lecter (/Lecktor)" in Manhunter (1986). The film was not overly successful at the box office, although Cox's career prospects and popularity continued to develop. Throughout the 1990s, he appeared in nearly 20 films and television shows, as well as making numerous TV guest appearances.
More recently Cox has had roles in some major films, including The Corruptor (1999), The Ring (2002) and X2 (2003).
- Son 'Alan Cox (I)' (qv) (a professional actor) and daughter Margaret, from his 18-year marriage to Caroline Burt (they divorced in 1986.). A second son was born 31 Jan 2002 from his wife 'Nicole Ansari-Cox' (qv).
- Youngest of 5 children.
- Has no fewer than three roles in common with 'Anthony Hopkins' (qv). They have both played Titus Andronicus, and both of them played King Lear while the other was simultaneously playing Hannibal Lecter.
- Alumnus of The London Academy of Music and Dramatic Art.
- Appeared as an extra in several episodes of _"The Prisoner" (1967)_ (qv).
- Although it is indicated in _X2 (2003)_ (qv) that his character (William Stryker) is at least 20 years older than 'Bruce Davison' (qv)'s character (Senator Kelly), in real life, he is only 27 days older.
- Appears in _Manhunter (1986)_ (qv) with 'Joan Allen (I)' (qv), they went on to work together 18 years later on the movie _The Bourne Supremacy (2004)_ (qv).
- He does not watch or view his own work.