Jun. 1st, 1946
Dundee, Scotland, UK
Guest TV Roles
King Vesper Abaddon
The Mastermind (Voiced)
Brian Cox is an Emmy Award-winning actor, first coming to attention in the early 1970s with performances in numerous television films. His first big break was as "Dr. Hannibal Lecter (/Lecktor)" in Manhunter (1986). The film was not overly successful at the box office, although Cox's career prospects and popularity continued to develop. Throughout the 1990s, he appeared in nearly 20 films and television shows, as well as making numerous TV guest appearances.
More recently Cox has had roles in some major films, including The Corruptor (1999), The Ring (2002) and X2 (2003).
- He was awarded the 'Laurence Olivier' (qv) Theatre Award in 1989 (1988 season) for Best Actor in a Revival for "Titus Andronicus".
- Second son Torin Kamran Charles born October 2004.
- Member of the Royal Shakespeare Company (RSC) in Stratford Upon Avon, England, where he is most recognized for his performance of 'King Lear'.
- Scottish-born, but of Irish Catholic extraction.
- Has worked with two Eomers. In the Sharpe films (_Sharpe's Eagle (1993) (TV)_ (qv) and _Sharpe's Rifles (1993) (TV)_ (qv)), with 'Sean Bean' (qv), he appears with 'Anthony Hyde' (qv), who played the role in the BBC radio broadcast. In _The Bourne Supremacy (2004)_ (qv), he appears with 'Karl Urban' (qv), who played the role in 'Peter Jackson (I)' (qv)'s films.
- Appeared as an extra in several episodes of _"The Prisoner" (1967)_ (qv).
- He was awarded the 'Laurence Olivier' (qv) Theatre Award in 1985 (1984 season) for Best Actor in a New Play for "Rat in the Skull".
- He was awarded the C.B.E. (Commander of the order of the British Empire) in the 2003 Queen's New Year's Honours List for his services to drama.