Dec. 3rd, 1981
Torrance, California, USA
Brian Bonsall's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles1994 - Blank Check
Guest TV Roles
Andrew 'Andy' Keaton
Bonsall was born in Torrance, California. He has one sister, Jennifer, and a step brother, Jeffrey T. Harris who starred in films such as Radio Flyer and The Sandlot. At the age of five, he won the role of Andy Keaton on the sitcom Family Ties. Bonsall won three Young Artist Awards for his performance on the series. He was also nominated for a Young Artist Award for his starring role in the made-for-TV movie Do You Know the Muffin Man? in 1990. He made his feature film debut in the horror film Mikey, playing the title role, a demonic young boy who terrorizes his adoptive parents.
In science fiction circles, he is predominantly known as Alexander Rozhenko, son of Star Trek: The Next Generation's Klingon security officer, Mr. Worf. A recurring role he played for 7 episodes across several seasons.
He played Patrick Swayze's son in the 1993 film Father Hood. He then starred in the 1994 Disney comedy Blank Check. That same year, he co-starred with Bob Saget in the TV movie comedy Father and Scout. His other acting credits include the TV movie Mother Goose Rock 'n' Rhyme and guest appearances on television series such as The Super Mario Bros. Super Show! and The Young Riders.
In 1995, Bonsall retired from acting and moved with his mother and stepfather to Boulder, Colorado. He attended Boulder High School, graduating in 2000. He also became a musician, forming a rock band with his friends called "Late Bloomers" in 1998. He has also been in the Boulder, Colorado based punk bands "Thruster" as well as "The Light on Adam's Stereo". He was in the Los Angeles based punk band This Life of Mine, but is also working on solo projects.
In a 2005 interview, he stated that he has no interest in returning to acting.
- Began band, Late Bloomers, with friends in 1998
- (June 2000) Graduated from high school.
- His favorite TV show is _"Seinfeld" (1990)_ (qv).
- His favorite movie is _The Goonies (1985)_ (qv).
- States his heroes as his father, his grandfather, and Fat Mike.
- Since leaving the screen, Bonsall has had a number of run-ins with the law back in Colorado. In 2001, he was convicted of driving under the influence, and in 2004, he was arrested under suspicion of drunk driving. In March, 2007, he was arrested for charges of second degree assault and false imprisonment after an altercation with his girlfriend. In a plea bargain, he pleaded guilty to third degree assault and the other charges were dropped. He was then sentenced to 24 months probation on August 31st.
- Attended Missouri Military Academy for one year
- He donated many items to 'Rocky Stone (I)' (qv) to be given to less fortunate kids as part of the Toy Mountain Campaign.