Mar. 28th, 1969
Miami Beach, Florida, USA
Brett Ratner's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Ratner grew up in Miami Beach, the only child of a famous Jewish socialite mother. He attended Miami Beach Senior High and was President of the Leo Club in 1986. He was also a member of the "fraternity" Royal Palm. He attended NYU film school currently lives in a $3.6 M house in Beverly Hills. Ratner is also a good friend of Def Jam mogul Russell Simmons, and has directed music videos for many rap stars.
- In _Red Dragon (2002)_ (qv), digital technology was used to smooth over some of 'Anthony Hopkins' (qv)'s facial features so that he would look younger than he was in _The Silence of the Lambs (1991)_ (qv). Similar technology was used in the first scene of _X-Men: The Last Stand (2006)_ (qv), so that 'Patrick Stewart (I)' (qv) and 'Ian McKellen' (qv) could play their characters twenty years younger.
- Considered directing _Memoirs of a Geisha (2005)_ (qv).
- Ranked #81 on Premiere's 2003 annual Power 100 List. He did not rank on the 2004 list.
- His mother, Marsha Presman, was just 16 when she gave birth to her son.
- Replaced director 'Matthew Vaughn' (qv) just two months before filming began on _X-Men: The Last Stand (2006)_ (qv).
- After meeting with real life FBI agents, he decided that it would not be authentic to have 'Scott Glenn' (qv) reprise the role of Jack Crawford in _Red Dragon (2002)_ (qv), his _The Silence of the Lambs (1991)_ (qv) prequel. Instead, he cast 'Harvey Keitel' (qv), in a role originally created by 'Dennis Farina' (qv) in _Manhunter (1986)_ (qv). Keitel and Farina had also both played Ray Barbone in the film _Get Shorty (1995)_ (qv). Ratner was considered for directing the sequel to Get Shorty, entitled _Be Cool (2005)_ (qv), in which Keitel also appears.
- (2004) Dating 'Serena Williams' (qv).
- Once vowed he would not direct movies until he had directed at least 100 music videos.