Mar. 28th, 1969
Miami Beach, Florida, USA
Brett Ratner's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2009 - I Knew It Was You: Rediscovering John Cazale
2007 - The Grand
1983 - Scarface
Guest TV Roles
Himself - Judge
Himself - Director
Ratner grew up in Miami Beach, the only child of a famous Jewish socialite mother. He attended Miami Beach Senior High and was President of the Leo Club in 1986. He was also a member of the "fraternity" Royal Palm. He attended NYU film school currently lives in a $3.6 M house in Beverly Hills. Ratner is also a good friend of Def Jam mogul Russell Simmons, and has directed music videos for many rap stars.
- Replaced director 'Matthew Vaughn' (qv) just two months before filming began on _X-Men: The Last Stand (2006)_ (qv).
- His mother, Marsha Presman, was just 16 when she gave birth to her son.
- Without knowing him, 'Steven Spielberg' (qv) and his company Amblin Entertainment sent him $5000 to finish funding for his final film project at NYU's Tisch School of the Arts after he sent out 20 letters to producers asking for help.
- Ranked #81 on Premiere's 2003 annual Power 100 List. He did not rank on the 2004 list.
- Considered directing _Memoirs of a Geisha (2005)_ (qv).
- Was in pre-production for a remake of 'John Cassavetes (I)' (qv)' _The Killing of a Chinese Bookie (1976)_ (qv) after he finished _Rush Hour (1998)_ (qv). It was to be written by Cassavetes' son, 'Nick Cassavetes' (qv) and 'Warren Beatty' (qv) was set to star. Ratner left the project when he was offered _The Family Man (2000)_ (qv).
- (2004) Dating 'Serena Williams' (qv).
- In _Red Dragon (2002)_ (qv), digital technology was used to smooth over some of 'Anthony Hopkins' (qv)'s facial features so that he would look younger than he was in _The Silence of the Lambs (1991)_ (qv). Similar technology was used in the first scene of _X-Men: The Last Stand (2006)_ (qv), so that 'Patrick Stewart (I)' (qv) and 'Ian McKellen' (qv) could play their characters twenty years younger.