Apr. 6th, 1982
Portland, Oregon, USA
Bret Harrison's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2002 - Orange County
Guest TV Roles
Bret Harrison (born April 6, 1982) in Portland, Oregon. In his senior year, he attended Tualatin High School in Tualatin, Oregon. His first acting role came at the Hillsboro Artists' Regional Theatre in his home state where he had the role of George in Our Town.
One of his first TV appearances was in the third season of MTV's Undressed and the MTV film Everybody's Doing It. Harrisont's first major role was dorky next-door neighbor Brad O'Keefe on Grounded for Life.Harrison appeared in five That '70s Show episodes as Charlie Richardson, a character that was intended to be a replacement for departing cast member Topher Grace but the character was soon killed off when Harrison decided to work on another series. He also appeared in The O.C. as Danny, Seth's rival. He had a dramatic guest role on Law & Order: Special Victims Unit as Sam Cavanaugh, a young victim of sexual abuse.
In film, he appeared alongside Jack Black and Colin Hanks in Orange County. In addition, Harrison also starred in the movie Deal, which was released in the US on April 26, 2008.
During 2006 and 2007 he starred in The Loop, as a young professional trying to balance the needs of his social life with the pressures of working at the corporate headquarters of a major U.S. airline. It was canceled following the second season in 2007. Later in 2007, he became the star of The CW series, Reaper as Sam Oliver. Reaper was canceled on May 19, 2009, after two seasons.
Harrison signed on to play Dr. Sidney Miller on ABC's re-imagined V series, according to The Ausiello Files. Harrison's character appears throughout Season 2 (2011) as an evolutionary biologist and eventual member of the counter-visitor resistance. Also in 2011, he was signed by Fox to fill a main cast role in a mid-season replacement comedy called Breaking In.
Harrison married Lauren Zelman in 2012.
- In high school, Bret was crowned the sophomore homecoming prince.
- Bret's parents encouraged his interest in performing at a young age. He received an electric guitar for his tenth birthday.
- Plays guitar in the Indie rock band Big Japan, with fellow actor Adam Brody on drums. The other members are Nathanial Castro on vocals and guitar, and Brad Babinski on bass.
- Born in Portland, Oregon, USA.
- His roommate used to be 'Adam Brody (I)' (qv). After Adam, Bret lived with Kyle Howard.
- Bret's parents names are Lisa, who is a special educations teacher, and Michael, who is a pharmacist. His step dad's name is Mark. He has a younger sister, Lindsay.
- Took dance lessons as a child.