Mar. 27th, 1988
Carmichael, California, USA
Brenda Song's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Brenda Song (born March 27, 1988) is an American actress, singer, film producer, and model. Song started in show business as a child fashion model. Her early television work included roles in the television shows Fudge (1995) and 100 Deeds for Eddie McDowd (1999). After many commercials and television roles in the late 1990s, Song won a Young Artist Award for her performance in The Ultimate Christmas Present (2000). She made her screen debut in Santa with Muscles (1996) and appeared in 20th Century Fox's Like Mike (2002). Her movies on the Disney Channel include Get a Clue (2002) and Stuck in the Suburbs (2004).
Born in Carmichael, California. Her mother is Thai-American and her father is Hmong. Brenda, her parents, and her younger brothers, Timmy and Nathan, now live in a suburb of Los Angeles.
Song was named an All-American Scholar in ninth grade and holds a black belt in Tae Kwon Do.
She stars as London Tipton, the hotel owner's spoiled daughter, in Disney Channel's new hit sitcom, The Suite Life of Zack & Cody. Having acted since age six, Song is already a familiar face to Disney Channel viewers. Before beginning production on the new series, she had a recurring role as the hip and trendy Tia on Phil of the Future. She also starred in the top-rated Disney Channel Original Movies Stuck in the Suburbs, the mystery Get A Clue with 'Lindsay Lohan', and The Ultimate Christmas Present with Hallee Hirsh and Spencer Breslin.
Her other television credits include guest starring roles on That's So Raven, George Lopez, The Bernie Mac Show, 7th Heaven, One On One, The Nightmare Room, Judging Amy, Popular, Once and Again, and as a panelist on Small Talk. Brenda also had a starring role on the series 100 Deeds For Eddie McDowd."
On the big screen, she starred in Like Mike opposite Lil' Bow Wow and Jonathan Lipnicki, and appeared in Leave It To Beaver" and Santa With Muscles starring 'Hulk Hogan'.
A self-proclaimed "total dork," she loves sampling international cuisine, shopping and studying. She is an avid Los Angeles Lakers fan.
- Ranked #5 on the Maxim magazine's Asian Hot 100 of 2007 list.
- Is good friends with Frankie Muniz.
- Speaks Hmong and Thai.
- She has two younger brothers, Timmy (three years younger) and Nathan (eight years younger).
- While growing up, she wanted to take ballet lessons, but her mother refused and put her in karate lessons where although she hated the idea of fighting, ironically she loved it so much that she earned a black belt, and was named an All-American Scholar in ninth grade.
- Ranked #10 on the Maxim magazine's Asian Hot 100 of 2006 list.
- The Sims is her favorite computer game.
- Is a fan of 'Marilyn Monroe' (qv) and 'Audrey Hepburn' (qv).