Oct. 9th, 1979
Des Moines, Iowa, USA
Brandon Routh's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Brandon Routh, pronounced like "south," was born in Des Moines, Iowa, and grew up in nearby Norwalk. He attended the University of Iowa and starred in many productions at the Norwalk Theater of Performing Arts. His first professional acting role was in the ABC television series Odd Man Out (1999), and he went on to guest star in the series Gilmore Girls (2000) and Undressed (1999).
In his spare time, Routh enjoys playing soccer and basketball, swimming, biking and reading.
- Parents are Ron and Katie.
- After being cast as Superman for _Superman Returns (2006)_ (qv), he sought out a movement coach to help him create the proper body language for the Superman character.
- Attended the International Model and Talent Association (IMTA).
- Studied Scottish Literature.
- Frequently says that the only good thing that came of his several years of struggling to find success in Hollywood was meeting his long-time girlfriend, 'Courtney Ford (I)' (qv), in a coffee-shop after another failed audition. They became engaged in August 23, 2006, and married on November 24, 2007.
- His brother is a "real-life Superman" - a police officer in Des Moines
- Attended the University of Iowa
- Cites _Braveheart (1995)_ (qv) as his all-time favorite film.