Oct. 10th, 1959
Madison, Wisconsin, USA
Bradley Whitford's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2013 - Savannah
2013 - CBGB
2013 - Saving Mr. Banks
2008 - Bottle Shock
2007 - An American Crime
2005 - The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants
2005 - Little Manhattan
2001 - Kate & Leopold
1999 - The Muse
1999 - Bicentennial Man
1997 - Masterminds
1997 - Red Corner
1996 - My Fellow Americans
1995 - Billy Madison
1994 - Cobb
1994 - The Client
1993 - My Life
1993 - RoboCop 3
1993 - Philadelphia
1993 - A Perfect World
1992 - Scent of a Woman
1990 - Young Guns II
1990 - Presumed Innocent
1990 - Vital Signs
1990 - Awakenings
1987 - Adventures in Babysitting
1987 - Revenge of the Nerds II: Nerds in Paradise
Guest TV Roles
Bradley Whitford's credits in film, television and theater include work with some of the most noted writers, directors and playwrights in the arts, and constitute a career worthy of a Juilliard-trained actor -- which he is. But stardom is something else altogether, and it remained elusive, at least until 1999 and his appearance on NBC's acclaimed political drama, "The West Wing" (1999).
Growing up in Wisconsin, Whitford spent his youth at a decidedly slower pace. He went on to study theater and English literature at Wesleyan University and earned a master's degree in theater from the prestigious Juilliard Theater Center. Whitford's first professional performance was in the off-Broadway production of "Curse of the Starving Glass," with Kathy Bates (I). Ironically, he also starred in the Broadway production of "The West Wing" and in creator Aaron Sorkin's "A Few Good Men." His additional theater credits include "Three Days of Rain" at the Manhattan Theatre Club, "Measure for Measure" at the Lincoln Center, and the title role in "Coriolanus" at the Folger Shakespeare Theatre in Washington, D.C.
Some of Whitford's most memorable performances include roles in such films as The Muse (1999) with Albert Brooks (I) and Bicentennial Man (1999) with Robin Williams (I). He has also appeared in Scent of a Woman (1992), A Perfect World (1993), Philadelphia (1993), The Client (1994), My Life (1993/I), Red Corner (1997), Presumed Innocent (1990) and My Fellow Americans (1996).
Whitford lives in Los Angeles with his wife, actress Jane Kaczmarek ("Malcolm in the Middle" (2000)) and their children, Frances, George, and Mary. His birthday is October 10.
- Founded the charity "Clothes off our Back" (http://www.clothesoffourback.org) with his wife, 'Jane Kaczmarek' (qv), in 2002. Clothes off our Back run on-line auctions after major awards shows where celebrities' gowns and tuxedos, and other articles of clothing, are auctioned off. The proceeds go to children's charities such as Cure Autism Now (http://www.cureautismnow.org) and The Children's Defense Fund (http://www.childrensdefense.org/)
- Actor 'Daniel von Bargen' (qv) has coincidentally appeared with husband and wife actors 'Jane Kaczmarek' (qv) and Bradley Whitford in four different projects. Along with Kaczmarek, he appeared in _"Malcolm in the Middle" (2000)_ (qv). With Whitford, he was in _RoboCop 3 (1993)_ (qv), _Philadelphia (1993)_ (qv) and _"The West Wing" (1999)_ (qv).
- Graduated June 4, 1977, from Madison East High School in Madison, Wisconsin.
- His college roommate and best friend was the brother of his future co-star on _"The West Wing" (1999)_ (qv), 'Richard Schiff' (qv).
- If he could change one thing about his life, he would have started dancing when he was young.
- Played a Republican Chief of Staff in _My Fellow Americans (1996)_ (qv) and a Democratic Deputy Chief of Staff in _"The West Wing" (1999)_ (qv).
- Gave the commencement speech at the University of Wisconsin-Madison in May 2004. His wife is a distinguished alumnus of UW-Madison; he graduated from Madison East High School.
- He and his wife 'Jane Kaczmarek' (qv) have three children: 'Frances Whitford' (qv) was born in January 1997; 'George Whitford' (qv) was born on December 23, 1999 and 'Mary Louisa Whitford' (qv) was born on November 25, 2002.