Dec. 18th, 1963
Shawnee, Oklahoma, USA
Guest TV Roles
Brad Pitt was born in 1963 in Oklahoma and raised in Springfield, Missouri. His mother's name is Jane Etta Hillhouse. His father, William (Bill) Pitt, worked in management at a trucking firm in Springfield. He has a younger brother, Douglas (Doug) Pitt and a younger sister Julie Neal Pitt. At Kickapoo High School, Pitt was involved in sports, debating, student government and school musicals. Pitt attended the University of Missouri, where he majored in journalism with a focus on advertising. He occasionally acted in fraternity shows. He left college two credits short of graduating to move to California. Before he became successful at acting, Pitt supported himself by driving strippers in limos, moving refrigerators and dressing as a giant chicken while working for "el Pollo Loco."
- Owns the rights to the Hong Kong thriller _Mou gaan dou (2002)_ (qv). He wanted it to be remade with he and 'Tom Cruise' (qv) in the leading roles.
- Had to learn to fly-cast for his role in _A River Runs Through It (1992)_ (qv). He practiced on top of buildings in Hollywood. During these practices he frequently hooked himself in the back of his head.
- Dropped out of the University of Missouri School of Journalism (Columbia, Missouri).
- (June 1996) Donated $100,000 to the Discovery Center - a children's learning museum in his hometown of Springfield, Missouri.
- Originally cast as Colin Sullivan in _The Departed (2006)_ (qv), but later dropped out. He continued to produce the film under his (and his then wife 'Jennifer Aniston' (qv)'s) production company, Plan B.
- Did TV commercial for Toyota (Altis model) that aired only in Asia. The car became very popular and its sales resulted in Toyota getting an almost 32% share of the passenger car market.
- (18 July 2001) Sued Damiani International, the company which created the wedding ring he gave 'Jennifer Aniston' (qv). According to Pitt, the ring was his design and was to be exclusive. The company has since been selling replicas and indicating Pitt/Aniston's endorsement of the ring.
- He is a Patron of the Mineseeker Foundation and the Sole of Africa, a campaign dedicated to detecting and removing land mines in Africa. The Foundation's patrons include Nelson Mandela, Sir Richard Branson, Queen Noor, Graca Machel and John Paul de Joria.