Dec. 18th, 1963
Shawnee, Oklahoma, USA
Guest TV Roles
Brad Pitt was born in 1963 in Oklahoma and raised in Springfield, Missouri. His mother's name is Jane Etta Hillhouse. His father, William (Bill) Pitt, worked in management at a trucking firm in Springfield. He has a younger brother, Douglas (Doug) Pitt and a younger sister Julie Neal Pitt. At Kickapoo High School, Pitt was involved in sports, debating, student government and school musicals. Pitt attended the University of Missouri, where he majored in journalism with a focus on advertising. He occasionally acted in fraternity shows. He left college two credits short of graduating to move to California. Before he became successful at acting, Pitt supported himself by driving strippers in limos, moving refrigerators and dressing as a giant chicken while working for "el Pollo Loco."
- (1997) Chosen by "People" magazine as one of the 50 most beautiful people in the world.
- (1997) Banned from entering China because of his role in _Seven Years in Tibet (1997)_ (qv).
- He and his _Ocean's Eleven (2001)_ (qv) / _Ocean's Twelve (2004)_ (qv) co- stars, 'Julia Roberts (I)' (qv), 'George Clooney' (qv) and 'Elliott Gould' (qv), all have guest-starred on the TV show _"Friends" (1994)_ (qv), though not in the same episodes
- Adoptive father of 'Maddox Jolie-Pitt' (qv) and 'Zahara Jolie-Pitt' (qv) with 'Angelina Jolie' (qv).
- (2000) Given title "Sexiest Man Alive" from People Magazine, Mr. Pitt was also People's choice in 1995.
- Auditioned for the role of "J.D." in the 1988 cult classic film _Heathers (1988)_ (qv) and, though he showed talent, casting directors thought him to be "too sweet" for the role, which later went to 'Christian Slater' (qv). He would later go on to a very similar role in the horror film _Cutting Class (1989)_ (qv) in 1989.
- Is mentioned by name in the 'Shania Twain' (qv) hit song, "That Don't Impress Me Much."
- Got into better shape and eventually gained over 20 pounds of muscle for _Troy (2004)_ (qv).