Dec. 18th, 1963
Shawnee, Oklahoma, USA
Guest TV Roles
Brad Pitt was born in 1963 in Oklahoma and raised in Springfield, Missouri. His mother's name is Jane Etta Hillhouse. His father, William (Bill) Pitt, worked in management at a trucking firm in Springfield. He has a younger brother, Douglas (Doug) Pitt and a younger sister Julie Neal Pitt. At Kickapoo High School, Pitt was involved in sports, debating, student government and school musicals. Pitt attended the University of Missouri, where he majored in journalism with a focus on advertising. He occasionally acted in fraternity shows. He left college two credits short of graduating to move to California. Before he became successful at acting, Pitt supported himself by driving strippers in limos, moving refrigerators and dressing as a giant chicken while working for "el Pollo Loco."
- He took Greek language lessons in secret to surprise his ex-wife 'Jennifer Aniston' (qv) who is of Greek ancestry.
- Considered for the role in _Crimson Tide (1995)_ (qv) that eventually went to 'Denzel Washington'.
- Occasionally flies a Cessna 208B Caravan belonging to Chivan Productions.
- Did TV commercial for Toyota (Altis model) that aired only in Asia. The car became very popular and its sales resulted in Toyota getting an almost 32% share of the passenger car market.
- Has been in 7 movies where the title contains the name of the character he plays: _Johnny Suede (1991)_ (qv), _Meet Joe Black (1998)_ (qv), _Sinbad: Legend of the Seven Seas (2003)_ (qv), _Mr. & Mrs. Smith (2005)_ (qv), _The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford (2007)_ (qv), _The Curious Case of Benjamin Button (2008)_ (qv) and _Chad Schmidt (2010)_ (qv).
- Wanted to play Darcy in _Bride & Prejudice (2004)_ (qv), but wasn't able to work out the filming dates.
- He has appeared in three movies with the number seven in the title (_Se7en (1995)_ (qv), _Seven Years in Tibet (1997)_ (qv), and _Sinbad: Legend of the Seven Seas (2003)_ (qv)). He has also appeared in two movies with the number twelve in the title (_Ocean's Twelve (2004)_ (qv) and _Twelve Monkeys (1995)_ (qv)).
- 1994: Given title "Sexiest Man Alive" from People Magazine, after making _Legends of the Fall (1994)_ (qv).