May. 10th, 1960
5' 6 1/2"
Bono's Main TV Roles[no roles found]
Main Movie Roles2013 - Muscle Shoals
2009 - Brüno
2008 - It Might Get Loud
2007 - Across the Universe
2007 - Joe Strummer: The Future Is Unwritten
2004 - Ramones Raw
2000 - No Maps for These Territories
2000 - The Million Dollar Hotel
1988 - U2: Rattle and Hum
Guest TV Roles
Himself - Singer (segment "U2")
Himself - U2
Himself - Guest
Nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize in 2003 for his successful efforts to relieve third world debt and promote AIDS awareness in Africa. Received the rank of Chevalier dans l'Ordre de la Legion d'Honneur (Knight in the Order of the Legion of Honor) from French President Jacques Chirac on February 28, 2003.
- Initiated "Product Red" along with 'Robert Shriver' (qv) to raise money for the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria.
- Was a school boy chess champion.
- (21 May 2001) Wife Alison gave birth to their 4th child, John Abraham Hewson, 7 pounds 7 oz, in Dublin Ireland. Now has 2 daughters and 2 sons.
- Illustrated the children's book "Peter and the Wolf" with his daughters Jordan and Eve in 2003. The royalties went to the Irish Hospice Foundation.
- Was named by TIME Magazine as one of their 'Persons of the Year' for 2005 along with 'Bill Gates (I)' (qv) and 'Melinda Gates' (qv).
- His mother, Iris, died of a brain hemorrhage in 1974. Bono was just 14 years old.
- Wrote a song with 'The Edge' (qv) for 'Roy Orbison' (qv), "She's a Mystery To Me". It is included on Orbison's last album, Mystery Girl.
- His stage name comes from Bono Vox, a hearing aid retailer. Bono Vox is Latin for "good voice"