May. 10th, 1960
5' 6 1/2"
Bono's Main TV Roles[no roles found]
Main Movie Roles2009 - Brüno
2008 - It Might Get Loud
2007 - Across the Universe
2007 - Joe Strummer: The Future Is Unwritten
2000 - The Million Dollar Hotel
1988 - U2: Rattle and Hum
Guest TV Roles
Himself - Singer (segment "U2")
Himself - Musical Guest
Nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize in 2003 for his successful efforts to relieve third world debt and promote AIDS awareness in Africa. Received the rank of Chevalier dans l'Ordre de la Legion d'Honneur (Knight in the Order of the Legion of Honor) from French President Jacques Chirac on February 28, 2003.
- His mother, Iris, died of a brain hemorrhage in 1974. Bono was just 14 years old.
- Wrote a song with 'The Edge' (qv) for 'Roy Orbison' (qv), "She's a Mystery To Me". It is included on Orbison's last album, Mystery Girl.
- Illustrated the children's book "Peter and the Wolf" with his daughters Jordan and Eve in 2003. The royalties went to the Irish Hospice Foundation.
- He has written songs either for, or with, 'Frank Sinatra' (qv), 'Johnny Cash (I)' (qv), 'Keith Richards (II)' (qv), 'Luciano Pavarotti' (qv), 'Sinéad O'Connor' (qv), and 'Howie B.' (qv) among several others.
- 'U2 (I)' (qv) were voted the 22nd Greatest Rock 'n' Roll Artists of all time by Entertainment Weekly.
- Was named in the annual honor list as an honorary Knight Commander of the Order of the British Empire (KBE).
- At one point in in their career, less than ten paying customers were on hand for a 'U2 (I)' (qv) show. In the early nineties, 'U2 (I)' (qv) was the biggest export in all of Ireland.
- 'U2 (I)' (qv) won the Brit Award for International Group in 1989.