May. 10th, 1960
5' 6 1/2"
Bono's Main TV Roles[no roles found]
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize in 2003 for his successful efforts to relieve third world debt and promote AIDS awareness in Africa. Received the rank of Chevalier dans l'Ordre de la Legion d'Honneur (Knight in the Order of the Legion of Honor) from French President Jacques Chirac on February 28, 2003.
- Wrote the song "The Sweetest Thing" after missing his wife's birthday. When the song was rerecorded, his wife, 'Ali Hewson' (qv), received all the proceeds of its sale. She gave them, in turn to a charity for victims of the Chernobyl nuclear disaster.
- 'U2 (I)' (qv) won the Brit Award for International Group in 1989.
- 'U2 (I)' (qv) won the Brit Award for International Group in 1990.
- In 2005 he was one of 166 people nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize for his work on Third World debt relief and increasing AIDS awareness.
- Along with his wife 'Ali Hewson' (qv) and New York designer Rogan, he created the high-fashion casual wear line called "Edun" (which is "nude" spelled backwards and pronounced Eden). It was designed as a socially conscious company to support developing countries.
- Was featured twice as a contestant on MTV's Celebrity Deathmatch. In 2006 he fought 'Chris Martin (XI)' (qv) in the episode "Changing Of The Guard", even though he was killed by 'Yoko Ono (I)' (qv) in the 1999 episode "Celebrity Deathmatch International".
- Was named by TIME Magazine as one of their 'Persons of the Year' for 2005 along with 'Bill Gates (I)' (qv) and 'Melinda Gates' (qv).
- 'U2 (I)' (qv) won the British Phonographic Industry Award for International Group in 1988.