May. 10th, 1960
5' 6 1/2"
Bono's Main TV Roles[no roles found]
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize in 2003 for his successful efforts to relieve third world debt and promote AIDS awareness in Africa. Received the rank of Chevalier dans l'Ordre de la Legion d'Honneur (Knight in the Order of the Legion of Honor) from French President Jacques Chirac on February 28, 2003.
- (21 August 2001) His father, Robert Hewson, died of cancer in Dublin.
- 'U2 (I)' (qv) won the Brit Award for International Group in 1989.
- (1995) Co-wrote (with 'The Edge' (qv)) the theme song to _GoldenEye (1995)_ (qv), performed by 'Tina Turner' (qv).
- (29 September 2004) Addressed the British Labour Party annual conference in Brighton, England.
- Wrote a song with 'The Edge' (qv) for 'Roy Orbison' (qv), "She's a Mystery To Me". It is included on Orbison's last album, Mystery Girl.
- Two notable fellow musicians were consoled by his band's music during their final moments. Jazz legend 'Miles Davis (I)' (qv) developed a fascination with their 1984 album "The Unforgettable Fire" and listened to it repeatedly during the last few months of his life. U2's 2000 song "In A Little While" was the last song ever heard by punk rocker 'Joey Ramone' (qv), who sang along with the lyrics with his family.
- Was named by TIME Magazine as one of their 'Persons of the Year' for 2005 along with 'Bill Gates (I)' (qv) and 'Melinda Gates' (qv).
- 'Luciano Pavarotti' (qv) called Bono's father relentlessly, so that he would try and convince his son to write a song for him.