May. 10th, 1960
5' 6 1/2"
Bono's Main TV Roles[no roles found]
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize in 2003 for his successful efforts to relieve third world debt and promote AIDS awareness in Africa. Received the rank of Chevalier dans l'Ordre de la Legion d'Honneur (Knight in the Order of the Legion of Honor) from French President Jacques Chirac on February 28, 2003.
- Bono was a member of Band Aid but was absent when the ensemble came to perform "Do They Know It's Christmas?" on BBC TV's _"Top of the Pops" (1964)_ (qv) leaving 'Paul Weller (I)' (qv) to mime the line Bono had sang on the record.
- In 2005 he was one of 166 people nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize for his work on Third World debt relief and increasing AIDS awareness.
- 'U2 (I)' (qv) won the British Phonographic Industry Award for International Group in 1988.
- Illustrated the children's book "Peter and the Wolf" with his daughters Jordan and Eve in 2003. The royalties went to the Irish Hospice Foundation.
- (11 November 2004) 'U2 (I)' (qv) were inducted into the UK Music Hall of Fame for their outstanding contribution to British music and integral part of British music culture.
- 'U2 (I)' (qv) won the Brit Award for International Group in 1990.
- Was named in the annual honor list as an honorary Knight Commander of the Order of the British Empire (KBE).
- (1995) Co-wrote (with 'The Edge' (qv)) the theme song to _GoldenEye (1995)_ (qv), performed by 'Tina Turner' (qv).