May. 10th, 1960
5' 6 1/2"
Bono's Main TV Roles[no roles found]
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize in 2003 for his successful efforts to relieve third world debt and promote AIDS awareness in Africa. Received the rank of Chevalier dans l'Ordre de la Legion d'Honneur (Knight in the Order of the Legion of Honor) from French President Jacques Chirac on February 28, 2003.
- (21 August 2001) His father, Robert Hewson, died of cancer in Dublin.
- Along with his wife 'Ali Hewson' (qv) and New York designer Rogan, he created the high-fashion casual wear line called "Edun" (which is "nude" spelled backwards and pronounced Eden). It was designed as a socially conscious company to support developing countries.
- Wrote the song "The Sweetest Thing" after missing his wife's birthday. When the song was rerecorded, his wife, 'Ali Hewson' (qv), received all the proceeds of its sale. She gave them, in turn to a charity for victims of the Chernobyl nuclear disaster.
- 'U2 (I)' (qv) were voted the 22nd Greatest Rock 'n' Roll Artists of all time by Entertainment Weekly.
- Fan of 'Elvis Presley' (qv).
- Two notable fellow musicians were consoled by his band's music during their final moments. Jazz legend 'Miles Davis (I)' (qv) developed a fascination with their 1984 album "The Unforgettable Fire" and listened to it repeatedly during the last few months of his life. U2's 2000 song "In A Little While" was the last song ever heard by punk rocker 'Joey Ramone' (qv), who sang along with the lyrics with his family.
- Was featured twice as a contestant on MTV's Celebrity Deathmatch. In 2006 he fought 'Chris Martin (XI)' (qv) in the episode "Changing Of The Guard", even though he was killed by 'Yoko Ono (I)' (qv) in the 1999 episode "Celebrity Deathmatch International".
- Wrote a song with 'The Edge' (qv) for 'Roy Orbison' (qv), "She's a Mystery To Me". It is included on Orbison's last album, Mystery Girl.