May. 10th, 1960
5' 6 1/2"
Bono's Main TV Roles[no roles found]
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize in 2003 for his successful efforts to relieve third world debt and promote AIDS awareness in Africa. Received the rank of Chevalier dans l'Ordre de la Legion d'Honneur (Knight in the Order of the Legion of Honor) from French President Jacques Chirac on February 28, 2003.
- At one point in in their career, less than ten paying customers were on hand for a 'U2 (I)' (qv) show. In the early nineties, 'U2 (I)' (qv) was the biggest export in all of Ireland.
- Mother's name was Iris.
- (21 August 2001) His father, Robert Hewson, died of cancer in Dublin.
- Two notable fellow musicians were consoled by his band's music during their final moments. Jazz legend 'Miles Davis (I)' (qv) developed a fascination with their 1984 album "The Unforgettable Fire" and listened to it repeatedly during the last few months of his life. U2's 2000 song "In A Little While" was the last song ever heard by punk rocker 'Joey Ramone' (qv), who sang along with the lyrics with his family.
- 'U2 (I)' (qv) were voted the 22nd Greatest Rock 'n' Roll Artists of all time by Entertainment Weekly.
- (29 September 2004) Addressed the British Labour Party annual conference in Brighton, England.
- 'U2 (I)' (qv) won the 2004 Q Icon Award.
- Good friends with 'The Killers' (qv) front-man 'Brandon Flowers' (qv).