May. 10th, 1960
5' 6 1/2"
Bono's Main TV Roles[no roles found]
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize in 2003 for his successful efforts to relieve third world debt and promote AIDS awareness in Africa. Received the rank of Chevalier dans l'Ordre de la Legion d'Honneur (Knight in the Order of the Legion of Honor) from French President Jacques Chirac on February 28, 2003.
- (21 August 2001) His father, Robert Hewson, died of cancer in Dublin.
- Bono was a member of Band Aid but was absent when the ensemble came to perform "Do They Know It's Christmas?" on BBC TV's _"Top of the Pops" (1964)_ (qv) leaving 'Paul Weller (I)' (qv) to mime the line Bono had sang on the record.
- Ranked #17 on VH1's 100 Sexiest Artists.
- The 'U2 (I)' (qv) songs "I Will Follow", "Mofo", "Out of Control" and "Tomorrow" focus on his mother's death.
- Wrote a song with 'The Edge' (qv) for 'Roy Orbison' (qv), "She's a Mystery To Me". It is included on Orbison's last album, Mystery Girl.
- 'U2 (I)' (qv) won the British Phonographic Industry Award for International Group in 1988.
- Fan of 'Elvis Presley' (qv).
- 'U2 (I)' (qv) won the Brit Award for International Group in 1990.