May. 10th, 1960
5' 6 1/2"
Bono's Main TV Roles[no roles found]
Main Movie Roles2013 - Muscle Shoals
2008 - It Might Get Loud
2007 - Across the Universe
2007 - Joe Strummer: The Future Is Unwritten
2004 - Ramones Raw
2000 - No Maps for These Territories
2000 - The Million Dollar Hotel
1988 - U2: Rattle and Hum
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize in 2003 for his successful efforts to relieve third world debt and promote AIDS awareness in Africa. Received the rank of Chevalier dans l'Ordre de la Legion d'Honneur (Knight in the Order of the Legion of Honor) from French President Jacques Chirac on February 28, 2003.
- He is the only person, who has been nominated for an Oscar, Grammy, Golden Globe, and for the Nobel Prize.
- 'U2 (I)' (qv) were voted the 22nd Greatest Rock 'n' Roll Artists of all time by Entertainment Weekly.
- The 'U2 (I)' (qv) songs "I Will Follow", "Mofo", "Out of Control" and "Tomorrow" focus on his mother's death.
- Resides in Killiney, County Dublin, Ireland and shares a villa in ╚ze, France and an apartment at The San Remo in New York City with 'The Edge' (qv).
- Wrote a song with 'The Edge' (qv) for 'Roy Orbison' (qv), "She's a Mystery To Me". It is included on Orbison's last album, Mystery Girl.
- His stage name comes from Bono Vox, a hearing aid retailer. Bono Vox is Latin for "good voice"
- He and his daughter Jordan share a birthday. She was born on his 29th birthday.
- (29 September 2004) Addressed the British Labour Party annual conference in Brighton, England.