May. 10th, 1960
5' 6 1/2"
Bono's Main TV Roles[no roles found]
Main Movie Roles2013 - Muscle Shoals
2008 - It Might Get Loud
2007 - Across the Universe
2007 - Joe Strummer: The Future Is Unwritten
2004 - Ramones Raw
2000 - No Maps for These Territories
2000 - The Million Dollar Hotel
1988 - U2: Rattle and Hum
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize in 2003 for his successful efforts to relieve third world debt and promote AIDS awareness in Africa. Received the rank of Chevalier dans l'Ordre de la Legion d'Honneur (Knight in the Order of the Legion of Honor) from French President Jacques Chirac on February 28, 2003.
- Was a school boy chess champion.
- (29 September 2004) Addressed the British Labour Party annual conference in Brighton, England.
- Good friends with 'The Killers' (qv) front-man 'Brandon Flowers' (qv).
- Bono's silhouette is used as the icon for the "Artists" tab of the music component of the iPhone and iPod Touch.
- Wrote a song with 'The Edge' (qv) for 'Roy Orbison' (qv), "She's a Mystery To Me". It is included on Orbison's last album, Mystery Girl.
- Supports Celtic Football club
- 'U2 (I)' (qv) won the Brit Award for International Group in 1989.
- Along with his wife 'Ali Hewson' (qv) and New York designer Rogan, he created the high-fashion casual wear line called "Edun" (which is "nude" spelled backwards and pronounced Eden). It was designed as a socially conscious company to support developing countries.