May. 10th, 1960
5' 6 1/2"
Bono's Main TV Roles[no roles found]
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize in 2003 for his successful efforts to relieve third world debt and promote AIDS awareness in Africa. Received the rank of Chevalier dans l'Ordre de la Legion d'Honneur (Knight in the Order of the Legion of Honor) from French President Jacques Chirac on February 28, 2003.
- First Grammy-winning artist to say "fuck" during the 1994 live Grammy telecast
- Children: 'Jordan Hewson' (qv) (born on his 29th birthday, 10 May 1989), Memphis Eve Hewson (born 7 July 1991), Elijah Bob Patricius Guggi Q (born 18 August 1999) and John Abraham (born 21 May 2001).
- Bono was a member of Band Aid but was absent when the ensemble came to perform "Do They Know It's Christmas?" on BBC TV's _"Top of the Pops" (1964)_ (qv) leaving 'Paul Weller (I)' (qv) to mime the line Bono had sang on the record.
- Was named in the annual honor list as an honorary Knight Commander of the Order of the British Empire (KBE).
- 'U2 (I)' (qv) won the Brit Award for International Group in 1990.
- He and his daughter Jordan share a birthday. She was born on his 29th birthday.
- Supports Celtic Football club
- Illustrated the children's book "Peter and the Wolf" with his daughters Jordan and Eve in 2003. The royalties went to the Irish Hospice Foundation.