Sep. 22nd, 1961
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Bonnie Hunt's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Bonnie Lynne Hunt (born September 22, 1961) is an American actress, comedian, writer, director, television producer, and daytime television host.
Hunt was born in Chicago, Illinois, and is the daughter of Alice E. and Robert Edward Hunt, Her mother is of Polish descent and her father was of Irish and Belgian ancestry. She was raised in a large Catholic family, and has three older brothers, Patrick, Kevin, and Tom, two older sisters, Cathy and Carol, and one younger sister, Mary. Hunt was educated in Catholic schools and attended St. Ferdinand Grammar School and Notre Dame High School for Girls in Chicago.
In 1982, Hunt worked as an oncology nurse at Northwestern Memorial Hospital in Chicago. In 1984, she co-founded An Impulsive Thing, an improvisational comedy troupe, with Holly Wortell, Andy Miller and John Gripentrog. Hunt also performed as a member of Chicago's world-famous The Second City, joining in 1986.
Hunt has appeared in the films Rain Man, Beethoven, Beethoven's 2nd, Jumanji, Jerry Maguire, The Green Mile, Cheaper by the Dozen, and Cheaper by the Dozen 2. As well as doing voice work in the Pixar films A Bug's Life, Monsters, Ink. Toy Story 3, Cars, and Cars 2.
Hunt has also starred in the television series Grand and Davis Rules as well as creating, producing, writing, and starring in The Building, Bonnie, and Life with Bonnie. From 2008 to 2010, she hosted the day time talk show The Bonnie Hunt Show.
Hunt married investment banker John Murphy in 1988. However, during her June 6, 2006, appearance on the Late Show with David Letterman, she mentioned that she was single again.
Hunt's hometown is Chicago and she is a lifelong Chicago Cubs fan, having not missed an Opening Day at Wrigley Field since 1977. She is a supporter of the Multiple Myeloma Research Foundation, of which she is an honorary board member.
- Born on the same day as actor 'Scott Baio' (qv) and actress 'Catherine Oxenberg' (qv).
- Performed "Take Me Out To The Ballgame" at Wrigley Field on 20 April 2008 during the 7th Inning Stretch of the Chicago Cubs game against the Pittsburgh Pirates. The Cubs beat the Pirates, 13-6.
- Has been to every Cubs opener at Wrigley Field since 1977
- Has never done a nude scene or posed nude in her career.
- Used to work as a cancer nurse at Northwestern Memorial Hospital in Chicago.
- Daughter of 'Alice Hunt (I)' (qv).
- She has fifteen nieces and nephews.
- (May 2002) It was announced that her fifth stab at a TV series was picked up by ABC for the fall 2002 schedule. Previous efforts include _"Grand" (1990)_ (qv) (Jan-Dec 1990), _"Davis Rules" (1991)_ (qv) (Jan 1991 - Jul 1992), _"The Building" (1993)_ (qv) (Aug-Sep 1993), and _"The Bonnie Hunt Show" (1995)_ (qv) (also known as "Bonnie", Sep 1995 - Apr 1996).