Jan. 6th, 1944
Santa Monica, California, USA
Bonnie Franklin's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles1959 - A Summer Place
1956 - The Wrong Man
Guest TV Roles
[no bio found]
- She once said that because of her red hair and freckles, fans have a hard time believing that she is Jewish.
- She won a Theatre World Award and a Tony Award nomination in 1970 for the Broadway musical, "Applause".
- She won a Theatre World Award in 1970 for the Broadway musical, "Applause".
- She attended Beverly Hills High School, whose famous alumni include Michael Lembeck, Angelina Jolie, Michael Klesic, Nicolas Cage, Corben Bernsen, Lenny Kravitz, David Schwimmer, Jonathan Silverman, and Richard Dreyfuss.
- Best remembered by the public for her starring role as Ann Romano in One day at a Time (1975).
- Her series _"One Day at a Time" (1975)_ (qv) was canceled at the end of the ninth season, because of low ratings and Franklin decided to leave the show.
- Began acting as a child.
- She graduated from Beverly Hills High School in 1961, and was admitted into the Hall of Fame in 2008.