Mar. 22nd, 1952
Queens, New York, USA
Bob Costas' Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
TV sportscaster known as a smart interviewer with encyclopedic knowledge and a devilish sense of humor.
- Had made it known that he despises the often-used phrase that a player or team can "control their own destiny." He claims that if it truly is 'destiny,' there is nothing any team or player can do to change it.
- Attended Syracuse University in New York.
- The first time he visited baseball legend Stan Musial's St. Louis eatery, left a $3.31 tip in homage to the Cardinal great's lifetime batting average (.331).
- Children: Keith (b. 1986) and Taylor (b. 1989).
- For his fortieth birthday, Oakland A's manager Tony La Russa allowed him to manage the club during a spring training game.
- Is of Greek and Irish heritage.
- NBC sportscaster (1980- ).
- Recipient of the 'Curt Gowdy' (qv) Award (awarded to members of the electronic and print media for outstanding contributions to basketball) in 1999.