Mar. 22nd, 1952
Queens, New York, USA
Bob Costas' Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2006 - Cars
2005 - Coach Carter
2001 - Pootie Tang
2000 - Michael Jordan to the Max
1998 - BASEketball
1994 - The Paper
1994 - The Scout
1992 - Mr. Baseball
Guest TV Roles[none found]
TV sportscaster known as a smart interviewer with encyclopedic knowledge and a devilish sense of humor.
- NBC sportscaster (1980- ).
- Is of Greek and Irish heritage.
- First full-time sportscasting job came at age 22 with the American Basketball Association's Spirits of St. Louis, calling games on radio station KMOX.
- In 2000, published his first book, 'Fair Ball: A Fan's Case For Baseball.'
- Carries a 'Mickey Mantle' (qv) baseball card in his wallet.
- Apart from his normal sportscasting duties, Costas also announced periodic dog-sled and elevator races on _"Late Night with David Letterman" (1982)_ (qv).
- The first time he visited baseball legend Stan Musial's St. Louis eatery, left a $3.31 tip in homage to the Cardinal great's lifetime batting average (.331).
- Recipient of the 'Curt Gowdy' (qv) Award (awarded to members of the electronic and print media for outstanding contributions to basketball) in 1999.