Aug. 25th, 1987
Tarzana, California, USA
Blake Lively's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Blake Ellender Lively (born Blake Ellender Brown; August 25, 1987) is an American actress, model and celebrity homemaker. She starred as Serena van der Woodsen in the television teen drama series Gossip Girl, and has appeared in such films as The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants, The Private Lives of Pippa Lee, The Town, Green Lantern, Accepted and Savages.
Lively was born in Tarzana, Los Angeles, California to actor Ernie Lively (né Ernest W. Brown) and his wife, Elaine (née McAlpin). Blake and her four older siblings/half-siblings were raised as Southern Baptists. She has an older brother, Eric, two half-sisters, Lori and Robyn, and a half-brother, Jason. Both of her parents and all of her siblings are, or have been, in the entertainment industry. During her childhood, her parents took her with them to acting classes that they taught because they did not want to leave her with a babysitter. Lively said that watching her parents teach acting classes assisted her learn the "drills" of acting and gain confidence as she got older.
Lively was initially not particularly interested in acting. During the summer between her junior and senior years of high school, her brother Eric asked his agent to send her on a few auditions over a period of a few months. From these few auditions, she got the role of Bridget for The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants. Lively filmed her scenes in The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants between her junior and senior years at Burbank High School, where she was class president.
Lively began her acting career at age 11, when she appeared as Trixie the Tooth Fairy in 1998 film Sandman, which was directed by Lively's father. She describes her role as a "bit part". She appeared in the film adaptation of the novel of the same name, The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants, in 2005 as Bridget, one of the four female leads. Lively's performance in the film earned her a nomination for a Teen Choice Award for "Choice Movie Breakout – Female.
After The Sisterhood, Lively went back to high school for her senior year to have the life of a regular teenager, a very busy regular teenager. The multi-talented girl was class president, a cheerleader and performed with the choir.
Lively has also a movie in the theater starring Justin Long, Accepted, and has an other project due to be released this year titled Elvis and Anabelle.
Lively dated actor 'Kelly Blatz' from 2004 to 2007; the two had been friends since childhood. Lively dated actor 'Penn Badgley' from late 2007 to mid-September 2010.
Lively married actor 'Ryan Reynolds' (September 9, 2012), at Boone Hall in Mount Pleasant, South Carolina. The two first met while filming Green Lantern in early 2010, when Reynolds was still married to actress 'Scarlett Johansson' and Lively was dating Badgley. Reynolds filed for divorce in (December 2010) and began dating Lively in (October 2011), the same month she split from actor 'Leonardo DiCaprio' after five months of dating.
In June 2012, the couple purchased a cottage in Bedford, New York, for $2 million.
- Has stated that she has known her _"Gossip Girl" (2007)_ (qv) co-star 'Penn Badgley' (qv) since she was 11 years old.
- Went Out With Kelly Blatz from 2004 - 2007.
- She stayed busy juggling duties as class president and cheerleader as well as performing with her national championship show choir.
- On _"Live with Regis and Kathie Lee" (1989)_ (qv), stated that she her older brother didn't want to go to school alone when it came time for him to be in 1st grade. At the time she was three but very tall for her age. Her mother lied and said Blake was 6. Blake attended 1st grade and the school reported that she was "slow" when in reality she was 3 and couldn't talk very well. She claims it made her brother happy, so she was happy.
- She was involved in a lot of activities at her high school including: cheer-leading, choir, and student government. She was class president.
- _The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants (2005)_ (qv) was her first job, not just in acting.
- Daughter of actor 'Ernie Lively (I)' (qv) and talent manager 'Elaine Lively' (qv), sister of 'Eric Lively' (qv), and half-sister 'Lori Lively' (qv), 'Jason Lively' (qv) and 'Robyn Lively' (qv).
- Ranked #43 on the Maxim magazine Hot 100 of 2008 list.