Apr. 6th, 1937
New York City, New York, USA
Billy Dee Williams' Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Very good looking African American actor born in New York City with broad smile and gregarious manner, Billy Dee has notched up an impressive array of film and television appearances over the past 40+ years. He's easily best known to international film audiences as the roguish "Lando Calrissian" from Star Wars: Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back (1980) and the third episode of the initial Star Wars trilogy Star Wars: Episode VI - Return of the Jedi (1983). Williams can also be seen on screen in Batman (1989), Moving Target (1996) and Undercover Brother (2002). A regular performer in many fine quality telemovies and TV series too!
- (30 January 1996) Was arrested in L.A. after police received a call from his live-in girlfriend accusing him of battery. Williams was charged with cohabitational abuse and released on $50,000 bail.
- He appeared in the music video and sang in the choir on the song "Voices That Care."
- He has 2 children.
- Was an accomplished art student even before his acting career began. Has had professional gallery showings where his oil canvases have sold for tens of thousands of dollars.
- When appearing at sci-fi conventions, he refuses to autograph Colt 45 merchandise, despite his being Colt 45's commercial pitchman for a brief period in the 1980s.
- Studied art at both New York's High School of Music and Art and at the National Academy of Fine Arts and Design.
- He still actively paints, and some of his work can be seen at his online gallery . He has had solo exhibitions in various galleries around the US, and his work hangs in the National Portrait Gallery, The Smithsonian Institution, and The Schomburg Museum. The beautiful covers of the Thelonious Monk Competition programs since 1990 are by him.
- Has a twin sister.