Apr. 6th, 1937
New York City, New York, USA
Billy Dee Williams' Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Very good looking African American actor born in New York City with broad smile and gregarious manner, Billy Dee has notched up an impressive array of film and television appearances over the past 40+ years. He's easily best known to international film audiences as the roguish "Lando Calrissian" from Star Wars: Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back (1980) and the third episode of the initial Star Wars trilogy Star Wars: Episode VI - Return of the Jedi (1983). Williams can also be seen on screen in Batman (1989), Moving Target (1996) and Undercover Brother (2002). A regular performer in many fine quality telemovies and TV series too!
- Has a son named Corey Williams who graduated from North Hollywood in 1978. Step-daughter Miyako also attended same high school, was in the 10th grade when Corey graduated.
- (30 January 1996) Was arrested in L.A. after police received a call from his live-in girlfriend accusing him of battery. Williams was charged with cohabitational abuse and released on $50,000 bail.
- Originally auditioned for the role of Han Solo in 1976.
- Studied art at both New York's High School of Music and Art and at the National Academy of Fine Arts and Design.
- He appeared in the music video and sang in the choir on the song "Voices That Care."
- Was an accomplished art student even before his acting career began. Has had professional gallery showings where his oil canvases have sold for tens of thousands of dollars.
- When appearing at sci-fi conventions, he refuses to autograph Colt 45 merchandise, despite his being Colt 45's commercial pitchman for a brief period in the 1980s.
- Has a twin sister.