Aug. 4th, 1955
Hot Springs, Arkansas, USA
Guest TV Roles
CatDog's Father (Voiced)
Himself - Guest
Himself - Guest
Grandfather Shlorp (Voiced)
Dr. Oliver Lorvis
William Robert (Billy Bob) Thornton was born in Hot Springs, Arkansas on August 4, 1955 to William Raymond (Billy Ray) Thornton (educator, high school history teacher, basketball coach; deceased) and Virginia R. Faulkner (psychic). He has three younger brothers, James Donald (Jimmy Don), born in 1958 and now deceased, James (Jim) Bean and John David, born in 1969. He has been married 5 times and has 5 children: daughter Amanda (with Gatlin); sons William and Harry (both with Cherniak); son Maddox, adopted with Angelina Jolie; and daughter Bella with Connie Angland.
Billy Bob began his artistic career as a musician, playing drums and singing in a band called Tres Hombres, which once opened for 'Hank Williams Jr' . In 1981, he moved to Los Angeles with childhood friend Tom Epperson (I) to pursue an acting and writing career. On the side, Billy Bob also sought work as a singer and drummer. He and Epperson tried for years to sell their scripts but no one was buying.
During those rough times, Billy Bob neglected his health and subsequently landed in the hospital with heart problems due to malnutrition. In 1992, Billy Bob starred in One False Move (1992), a movie he co-wrote with Epperson. The team finally received attention because of this work, which was very well received in Hollywood. His popularity increased steadily, especially after Sling Blade (1996) which he wrote, directed and in which he starred.
Billy received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame on October 7, 2004.
- Cousin of wrestlers 'Terry Funk' (qv) and 'Dory Funk Jr.' (qv).
- 3/10/02: 'Angelina Jolie' (qv) and Thornton adopted a Cambodian baby boy. Jolie took custody of the baby in Africa, where she was shooting _Beyond Borders (2003)_ (qv). Her father, 'Jon Voight' (qv), told reporters at the 3/11 Academy Awards luncheon. Voight said he didn't know whether the couple had picked a name for the child.
- In high school, Thornton played drums in a band called "Stone Cold Fever" and cranked out 'Creedence Clearwater Revival' (qv) songs.
- He was inducted into the Texas Film Hall of Fame in March 2009 in Austin, Tx.
- 'Brad Pitt' (qv) is the adoptive father of Thornton's son Maddox with 'Angelina Jolie' (qv). Maddox's last name is Jolie-Pitt and Thornton is no longer involved in raising the child.
- He and 'Dwight Yoakam' (qv) have their own production company and are looking at producing movies and records together. Yoakam appeared opposite Thornton in _Sling Blade (1996)_ (qv).
- Born to William Raymond (Billy Ray) Thornton, a high school history teacher and basketball coach, and his wife Virginia R. Faulkner, a psychic.
- 9/04: His fourth child, daughter Bella, with girlfriend 'Connie Angland' (qv), weighed in at 6 lb., 1.5 oz.