Sep. 21st, 1950
Wilmette, Illinois, USA
Guest TV Roles
Himself - Top Ten List Presenter: #1
Himself - At the Oscars
Senator Vernon Smits
Himself - Guest
Bill is the fifth of nine children born to Edward and Lucille Murray. He and most of his siblings worked as caddies, which paid his tuition to Loyola Academy, a Jesuit school. He played sports and did some acting while in that school, but in his words, mostly "screwed off." He enrolled at Regis College in Denver to study pre-med but dropped out after being arrested for marijuana possession. He then joined the National Lampoon Radio Hour with fellow members Dan Aykroyd, Gilda Radner, and John Belushi. However, while those three became the original members of "Saturday Night Live" (1975), he joined "Saturday Night Live with Howard Cosell" (1975), which premiered that same year. After that show failed, he later got the opportunity to join "Saturday Night Live" (1975).
- Voiced Johnny Storm/The Human Torch in an early Fantastic Four radio show.
- Related through marriage to guitar player, lyricist and singer Chris Luxem.
- Accidentally broke 'Robert De Niro' (qv)'s nose during the filming of _Mad Dog and Glory (1993)_ (qv).
- Is portrayed by 'Mather Zickel' (qv) in _Gilda Radner: It's Always Something (2002) (TV)_ (qv).
- Father, with 'Mickey Kelley' (qv), of sons 'Homer Murray' (qv) (b. 1982) and 'Luke Murray' (qv) (b. 1985).
- Set to become part-owner of his third minor league baseball team, the new Brockton Rox, in Mass., with friend 'Van Schley' (qv).
- Appeared in _Scrooged (1988)_ (qv) with all three of his brothers.
- His home is in upstate New York, although he is more frequently working elsewhere during the year.