Jan. 17th, 1922
Oak Park, Illinois, USA
Betty White's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2012 - Men in Black III
2010 - You Again
2009 - The Proposal
2005 - The Third Wish
2003 - Bringing Down the House
1999 - Lake Placid
1999 - The Story of Us
1998 - Hard Rain
1998 - Holy Man
1962 - Advise & Consent
Guest TV Roles
Sue Ann Nivens
Although best known as the devious Sue Ann Nivens on the classic sitcom "Mary Tyler Moore" (1970) and the ditzy Rose Nylund on "The Golden Girls" (1985), Betty White had been in television for a long, long time before those two shows, having had her own series, "Life with Elizabeth" (1952) in 1952. The widow of TV game-show host Allen Ludden, she has been inducted into the Television Hall of Fame and is known for her tireless efforts on behalf of animals.
- Is an avid animal welfare activist and works with a number of organizations; including the Los Angeles Zoo Commission, the Morris Animal Foundation, and Actors & Others for Animals.
- Attended the same school as 'Jamie Luner' (qv).
- Is of German and Greek ancestry.
- Is strongly critical of reality television.
- In 1955, Betty was the honorary mayor of Hollywood, California.
- Parents' names were Horace and Tess White.
- Beloved frequent guest celebrity/panelist on numerous game shows, including every version of _"Password" (1961)_ (qv), _"The Hollywood Squares" (1965)_ (qv), _"Match Game 73" (1973)_ (qv), _"The $10,000 Pyramid" (1973)_ (qv), and countless others.
- Is an avid Animal Rights activist and is a sponsor for Farm Animal Reform Movement and Friends of Animals.