Jan. 17th, 1922
Oak Park, Illinois, USA
Betty White's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2014 - St. Vincent
2012 - Dr. Seuss’ The Lorax
2010 - You Again
2009 - The Proposal
2005 - The Third Wish
2003 - Bringing Down the House
1999 - The Story of Us
1999 - Lake Placid
1998 - Holy Man
1998 - Hard Rain
1962 - Advise & Consent
Guest TV Roles
Sue Ann Nivens
Herself - Hot in Cleveland
Herself - Wolverine Auditionee
Although best known as the devious Sue Ann Nivens on the classic sitcom "Mary Tyler Moore" (1970) and the ditzy Rose Nylund on "The Golden Girls" (1985), Betty White had been in television for a long, long time before those two shows, having had her own series, "Life with Elizabeth" (1952) in 1952. The widow of TV game-show host Allen Ludden, she has been inducted into the Television Hall of Fame and is known for her tireless efforts on behalf of animals.
- 'James L. Brooks' (qv) offered her the role of 'Helen Hunt (I)' (qv)'s mother in _As Good as It Gets (1997)_ (qv). She turned it down because she objected to the treatment of the dog in the film.
- Is of German and Greek ancestry.
- Is an avid Animal Rights activist and is a sponsor for Farm Animal Reform Movement and Friends of Animals.
- Moved to Los Angeles when she was only two years old.
- Received the Women's International Center (WIC) Living Legacy Award in 1988.
- Is strongly critical of reality television.
- Parents' names were Horace and Tess White.
- Made several appearances on _"Santa Barbara" (1984)_ (qv) as part of a contest.