Jan. 17th, 1922
Oak Park, Illinois, USA
Betty White's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2012 - Men in Black III
2010 - You Again
2009 - The Proposal
2005 - The Third Wish
2003 - Bringing Down the House
1999 - Lake Placid
1999 - The Story of Us
1998 - Hard Rain
1998 - Holy Man
1962 - Advise & Consent
Guest TV Roles
Sue Ann Nivens
Although best known as the devious Sue Ann Nivens on the classic sitcom "Mary Tyler Moore" (1970) and the ditzy Rose Nylund on "The Golden Girls" (1985), Betty White had been in television for a long, long time before those two shows, having had her own series, "Life with Elizabeth" (1952) in 1952. The widow of TV game-show host Allen Ludden, she has been inducted into the Television Hall of Fame and is known for her tireless efforts on behalf of animals.
- Received the Women's International Center (WIC) Living Legacy Award in 1988.
- Played the same character, Rose Nylund, on four different TV series: _"The Golden Palace" (1992)_ (qv), _"The Golden Girls" (1985)_ (qv), _"Nurses" (1991)_ (qv), and _"Empty Nest" (1988)_ (qv).
- Received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in 1988. The star is next to her late husband, 'Allen Ludden' (qv),'s star.
- Is an avid animal welfare activist and works with a number of organizations; including the Los Angeles Zoo Commission, the Morris Animal Foundation, and Actors & Others for Animals.
- Admits to having surgery before _"The Golden Girls" (1985)_ (qv), even though the program was about growing old and not having a problem with it.
- Made several appearances on _"Santa Barbara" (1984)_ (qv) as part of a contest.
- Started career as the "Phone Girl" on 'Al Jarvis' (qv)'s afternoon TV show in L.A.
- Attended the same school as 'Jamie Luner' (qv).