Jan. 17th, 1922
Oak Park, Illinois, USA
Betty White's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2014 - St. Vincent
2010 - You Again
2009 - The Proposal
2005 - The Third Wish
2003 - Bringing Down the House
1999 - Lake Placid
1999 - The Story of Us
1998 - Hard Rain
1998 - Holy Man
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Although best known as the devious Sue Ann Nivens on the classic sitcom "Mary Tyler Moore" (1970) and the ditzy Rose Nylund on "The Golden Girls" (1985), Betty White had been in television for a long, long time before those two shows, having had her own series, "Life with Elizabeth" (1952) in 1952. The widow of TV game-show host Allen Ludden, she has been inducted into the Television Hall of Fame and is known for her tireless efforts on behalf of animals.
- Parents' names were Horace and Tess White.
- Attended the same high school as 'Angelina Jolie' (qv), 'Michael Klesic' (qv), 'Nicolas Cage' (qv), 'Lenny Kravitz' (qv), 'David Schwimmer (I)' (qv), 'Jonathan Silverman (I)' (qv), 'Gina Gershon' (qv), 'Rhonda Fleming' (qv), 'Jackie Cooper (I)' (qv), 'Rob Reiner' (qv), 'Antonio Sabato Jr.' (qv), 'Pauly Shore' (qv), 'Michael Tolkin' (qv), 'Corbin Bernsen' (qv), 'Elizabeth Daily' (qv), 'Albert Brooks (I)' (qv), and 'Crispin Glover' (qv).
- Moved to Los Angeles when she was only two years old.
- Is an avid animal welfare activist and works with a number of organizations; including the Los Angeles Zoo Commission, the Morris Animal Foundation, and Actors & Others for Animals.
- Received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in 1988. The star is next to her late husband, 'Allen Ludden' (qv),'s star.
- Played the same character, Rose Nylund, on four different TV series: _"The Golden Palace" (1992)_ (qv), _"The Golden Girls" (1985)_ (qv), _"Nurses" (1991)_ (qv), and _"Empty Nest" (1988)_ (qv).
- Is of German and Greek ancestry.
- Beloved frequent guest celebrity/panelist on numerous game shows, including every version of _"Password" (1961)_ (qv), _"The Hollywood Squares" (1965)_ (qv), _"Match Game 73" (1973)_ (qv), _"The $10,000 Pyramid" (1973)_ (qv), and countless others.