Jan. 17th, 1922
Oak Park, Illinois, USA
Betty White's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2012 - Men in Black III
2010 - You Again
2009 - The Proposal
2005 - The Third Wish
2003 - Bringing Down the House
1999 - Lake Placid
1999 - The Story of Us
1998 - Hard Rain
1998 - Holy Man
1962 - Advise & Consent
Guest TV Roles
Sue Ann Nivens
Although best known as the devious Sue Ann Nivens on the classic sitcom "Mary Tyler Moore" (1970) and the ditzy Rose Nylund on "The Golden Girls" (1985), Betty White had been in television for a long, long time before those two shows, having had her own series, "Life with Elizabeth" (1952) in 1952. The widow of TV game-show host Allen Ludden, she has been inducted into the Television Hall of Fame and is known for her tireless efforts on behalf of animals.
- Received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in 1988. The star is next to her late husband, 'Allen Ludden' (qv),'s star.
- In 1955, Betty was the honorary mayor of Hollywood, California.
- Started career as the "Phone Girl" on 'Al Jarvis' (qv)'s afternoon TV show in L.A.
- Is an avid Animal Rights activist and is a sponsor for Farm Animal Reform Movement and Friends of Animals.
- Received the Women's International Center (WIC) Living Legacy Award in 1988.
- Was portraying the conniving, gold-digging Ellen Harper, the niece of 'Rue McClanahan' (qv), who played the prudish Aunt Fran, On _"Mama's Family" (1983)_ (qv) at the same time as they were working together on _"The Golden Girls" (1985)_ (qv) in almost opposite roles.
- Per her autobiography, White was named "Betty" at birth not "Elizabeth" because her parents did not want her to be saddled with any of the nicknames and derivatives of Elizabeth -- i.e. Beth, Liza, Ellie, etc.
- Made several appearances on _"Santa Barbara" (1984)_ (qv) as part of a contest.