Bethany Joy Galeotti
Apr. 2nd, 1981
Hollywood, Florida, USA
Bethany Joy Galeotti's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles1996 - Thinner
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Bethany Joy Lenz was born in Hollywood Florida, and now resides in North Carolina where her current project - the WB hit "One Tree Hill" (2003) - is filmed. Lenz plays "Haley James Scott", wife to James Lafferty (I)'s "Nathan", and childhood mate of Chad Michael Murray's "Lucas".
Prior to "One Tree Hill" (2003), Bethany spent most of her acting career on the stage. She has called Musical theater her passion, and has performed in various productions of "Annie", "The Wizard of Oz", "Gypsy", "Cinderella", etc...
After moving from Texas to New York, Bethany portrayed "Michelle Bauer Santos" on CBS's "The Guiding Light" (1952). When her two year contract ended there, she left New York and moved to Los Angeles and guest starred on shows like "Charmed" (1998), "Felicity" (1998) and "The Guardian" (2001). She also appeared in Los Angeles stage productions of "The Outsiders" - directed by Arthur Allan Seidelman, and "Happy Days" (as Pinky Tuscadero) - directed by Garry Marshall.
She is also an accomplished singer trained in New York by Richard Barrett, the director of the Brooklyn College of Opera, and in Los Angeles by renowned voice teacher Eric Vetro (Jennifer Garner (I), John Stamos, Ewan McGregor).
- Played, on guitar, and sang the National Anthem in the One Tree Hill cast Super Bowl in early 2004.
- She has a springer spaniel named Scout, and two cats named Noah and Allie, the lead characters in the film _The Notebook (2004)_ (qv), and the book by 'Nicholas Sparks (I)' (qv), on which the film is based.
- Since leaving _"The Guiding Light" (1952)_ (qv) in 2000, she has kept in touch with co-stars 'Tammy Blanchard' (qv) (Drew) and 'Paul Anthony Stewart' (qv) (Danny).
- November 2005: Announced she will be marrying Michael Galeotti by the end of the year. She will be taking his surname and using "'Bethany Joy Galeotti' (qv)" professionally, which should be reflected in the _"One Tree Hill" (2003)_ (qv) opening credits by the new year.
- Goes by her middle name "Joy."
- She has a 13 year old sister, who is not allowed to watch her on the WB's _"One Tree Hill" (2003)_ (qv).
- Owns a family restaurant called "Galeotti's" in Battle Ground, Washington.
- Is also a talented musician and singer with a four-octave range.