Nov. 25th, 1944
Washington, District of Columbia, USA
Ben Stein's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2008 - Expelled: No Intelligence Allowed
2007 - Fired!
2001 - Osmosis Jones
1995 - Casper
1995 - Miami Rhapsody
1994 - The Mask
1994 - North
1994 - My Girl 2
1994 - Ri¢hie Ri¢h
1993 - Dennis the Menace
1993 - Dave
1992 - Honeymoon in Vegas
1991 - Soapdish
1989 - Ghostbusters II
1989 - Easy Wheels
1988 - Frankenstein General Hospital
1987 - Planes, Trains and Automobiles
1986 - Ferris Bueller's Day Off
1984 - The Wild Life
Guest TV Roles
Dr. Ben Stein (Voiced)
Head Pixie (Voiced)
Mr. Puruturu (Voiced)
Dr. Arthur Neuman (Voiced)
Rabbi Goldberg (Voiced)
Ben Stein (Benjamin J. Stein) was born on Nov. 25, 1944 in Washington, D.C. The son of noted economist and writer Herbert Stein, he grew up in Silver Spring, Md., and attended Montgomery Blair High School. Some of his classmates included journalist Carl Bernstein (I), and actors 'Goldie Hawn' and Sylvester Stallone. He graduated from Columbia University in 1966 with honors in economics and as valedictorian of the 1970 Yale Law School class. He has worked as a poverty lawyer, a trial lawyer, a university adjunct (American University, University of California at Santa Cruz and Pepperdine University), a speech writer for Presidents Richard Nixon and Gerald Ford (I) and a columnist for The Wall Street Journal, The Los Angeles Herald Examiner, King Features Syndicate, Los Angeles Magazine, New York Magazine, E! Online and The American Spectator. He also writes frequently for The Washington Post. Stein has written and published 16 books (seven novels, nine nonfiction books), the most recent of which is about life with his 12-year-old son, Tommy. He has been a longtime screenwriter and was one of the creators of the TV series "Fernwood 2 Night" (1977). He has acted and made guest appearances in numerous movies and TV series, appears in many TV commercials and is the host of two Comedy Central TV series, "Win Ben Stein's Money" (1997) (October, 1997-2002) and "Turn Ben Stein On" (1999). He is married to entertainment-industry attorney Alexandra Denman.
- Wrote an article in a woman's magazine (Cosmo?) about his life as a nerd, and the advantages in dating nerds.
- Has a son, Tommy (b. 1987).
- Member of Alpha Delta Phi fraternity, Columbia University, 1966.
- Currently the spokesperson for Clear Eyes eye drops
- Twenty years after his _Ferris Bueller's Day Off (1986)_ (qv) part as the economics teacher, Stein made a 2006 commercial with the old 1986 footage from the movie. He used make-up to stay accurate, while adding new comedic material.
- His father, economist 'Herbert Stein' (qv), was Chairman of the Council of Economic Advisors in the 'Richard Nixon' (qv) administration.
- Best known in the 1980s for his bit role as the repetitive teacher in _Ferris Bueller's Day Off (1986)_ (qv).
- (5 January 2000) Mugged by two gunmen in his own garage.