Sep. 13th, 1980
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Ben Savage's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2006 - Car Babes
1994 - Clifford
1992 - Big Girls Don't Cry... They Get Even
1989 - Little Monsters
Guest TV Roles
Bennett "Ben" Joseph Savage was born on September 13th, 1980, in Chicago, Illinois. He's the younger brother of Fred Savage, the star of "The Wonder Years" (1988), whom he credits for inspiring him to become an actor. Ben got his start in acting when he appeared in his first commercial at the tender age of 5. From there, his first major speaking role was in the short-lived comedy series, "Dear John" (1988), opposite Judd Hirsch and fellow Chicago-native, Isabella Hofmann. He starred in a handful of made-for-TV movies and other films, most significantly "Wild Palms" (1993), until being cast in the lead role in the series "Boy Meets World" (1993), which catapulted him into stardom. Ben didn't put aside his studies in the course of his acting career, graduating in 2004 from the famed Stanford University with a degree in Political Science. In the summer of 2003, he got an internship with the office of US Senator Arlen Specter (R-PA) and seems to be well on his way to another chapter in his life.
- Brother of actor 'Fred Savage' (qv) and 'Kala Savage' (qv)
- In 1998, he won an Ovation Award for Best Actor for his part in the play "Unexpected Tenderness."
- Has cited Albert Brooks, Paul Newman, and Nicolas Cage as his favorite actors.
- Majored in Political Science.
- "Graduated high school in 1998 from Brentwood School in Los Angeles"
- Along with 'Rider Strong' (qv), he is one of the only two actors to appear in all 158 episodes of _"Boy Meets World" (1993)_ (qv).
- Volunteers for the Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation
- Close friends with 'Matthew Lawrence (I)' (qv).
Related sites for this celeb