Sep. 7th, 1984
Brockville, Ontario, Canada
5' 10 1/2"
Ben Hollingsworth's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Benjamin was born in Brockville, Ontario. He moved to Peterborough, Ontario at the age of 12. Throughout high school Ben appeared in more than 20 different professional and regional theatre productions in the span of 4 years. When Ben was 17 he was offered a leading role as a mentally delayed youth living on the streets of Toronto. It was this part in "Frozen Dreams," the critically acclimated new play, by director/playwright Robert Ainsworth, that paved Benjamin's way to being accepted into the prestigious National Theatre School of Canada; directly from high school. In his final year at the National, Ben earned leading roles in all three productions presented at the Mounment National theatre in Montreal and garnished acclaim after being listed as one of the top ten performances of 2006 by "the Hour." Shortly after graduating Benjamin accepted the role of Lance Corporal Dawson in the Canadian Premier of Neptune Theatre's "A Few Good Men" by Aaron Sorkin creator of the "West Wing." Under the direction of fellow National Theatre School graduate Ted Dykstra, Benjamin was nominated for a 2007 Robert Merritt Award. In 2007, after moving to Toronto, Benjamin wanted to take a break from theatre to focus on developing his film and television career. Benjamin guest stared on CTV's popular hit series Degrassi; the Next Generation as well as TBS's new comedy Lovebites. In September 07' Benjamin teamed up with another NTS graduate, director, Stuart Gillard and ABC's "Heroes" star, Matt Lanter, in the MGM Studio's film The Cutting Edge III. Next up, Benjamin will be guest staring in the new CBC TV series "Heartland." and making a return to stage as "Andy" in Theatre Passe Muraille's "Last Days of Graceland" in February 2008.
- Raised over $5000 dollars for Terry Fox Cancer Research and a local homeless shelter through various theatre productions while still in high school. He was awarded a Civic award for his contributions.
- Graduate of the prestigious National Theatre School of Canada (Acting 2006).
- Accepted into all five of the theatre programs he applied to including, Ryerson, Windsor, York and AMDA in New York. He choose the National Theatre School of Canada in Montreal after looking up some of the alumni.
- Met actress Nina Dobrev on the set of Degrassi; The Next Generation and are now roommates in downtown Toronto.
- Long time hockey fan of the Toronto Maple Leafs.