Dec. 11th, 1962
Memphis, Tennessee, USA
Ben Browder's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2012 - Bad Kids Go to Hell
1991 - A Kiss Before Dying
1990 - Memphis Belle
Guest TV Roles
Bartholomew Aloysius Lash (Voiced)
Ben Browder (born December 11, 1962) in Memphis, Tennessee. He attended Myers Park High School in Charlotte, North Carolina, earned a BS in psychology at Furman University, and then went on to study drama at Central School of Speech and Drama in London, England, where he met his wife, 'Francesca Buller'. As of 2002, he resides in Australia, where the SciFi television series Farscape (1999) is filmed. He and Buller have two children, whose names and ages are not disclosed to the press.
After several appearances on stage, including traditional Shakespeare, Browder garnered a few minor appearances in feature films, including a small part as a rookie captain in Memphis Belle (1990) and the role of a short-lived boyfriend in A Kiss Before Dying (1991), with 'Sean Young' and 'Matt Dillon'. He was first widely exposed to the American and Canadian television viewing audience as the recurring character of Sam on the series Party of Five (1994). In 1999, 'Jim Henson' productions teamed with the SciFi channel to produce Farscape (1999), where Browder was cast to play the main character, American astronaut John Crichton.
- His real life son can be seen in the Farscape episode "Look at the Princess: Part 1: A Kiss Is but a Kiss", as the generated preview of Crichton's son. His real life daughter appears in Farscape episode "Look at the Princess: Part 3: The Maltese Crichton", as the preview of Crichton's soon to be daughter.
- He is a huge science fiction fan.
- He is the only actor to appear in all 88 episodes of _"Farscape" (1999)_ (qv).
- Graduate of Furman University in Greenville, SC
- Ben met his wife, 'Francesca Buller' (qv), while studying at London's Central School of Speech and Drama in 1989.
- Was considered for the role of Major Hayes on _"Enterprise" (2001)_ (qv).
- His favorite movie is _Jeremiah Johnson (1972)_ (qv), the concept of which was warped into an episode of his show, _"Farscape" (1999)_ (qv).
- He has appeared in _"Farscape" (1999)_ (qv), _Farscape: The Peacekeeper Wars (2004) (TV)_ (qv) and _"Stargate SG-1" (1997)_ (qv) with 'Claudia Black (I)' (qv). (He did not appear in _"Stargate SG-1" (1997)_ (qv) until 2005. )