Dec. 31st, 1958
Princeton, New Jersey, USA
Bebe Neuwirth's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2014 - The Standbys
2009 - Fame
2008 - Adopt a Sailor
2004 - The Big Bounce
2003 - How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days
1999 - Liberty Heights
1999 - Summer of Sam
1998 - The Faculty
1998 - Celebrity
1996 - The Associate
1996 - All Dogs Go to Heaven 2
1996 - The Adventures of Pinocchio
1995 - Jumanji
1993 - Malice
1991 - Bugsy
1990 - Green Card
1989 - Say Anything...
Guest TV Roles
Judge Claudia Friend
A.D.A. Tracey Kibre
Margueritte Grey (Voiced)
Beatrice "Bebe" Neuwirth is the daughter of an artist and a mathematician. Born and raised in Princeton, New Jersey, she started out as a dancer. Her New York career started out in 'A Chorus Line'. She won a Tony Award for her part in 'Sweet Charity' and an Emmy Award for Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series for playing Lilith Sternin Crane of "Cheers" (1982).
- After _"Cheers" (1982)_ (qv) went off the air, she got a lot of offers from TV and film essentially asking her to pretty much play the same character. She was offered a regular role as Lilith on the _"Cheers" (1982)_ (qv) spin-off, _"Frasier" (1993)_ (qv) but she turned it down so she could go back to Broadway. She did guests spots on the show instead.
- Has won two Tony Awards: in 1986 as Best Actress (Featured Role - Musical) for playing Nicki in a revival of "Sweet Charity;" and in 1997 as Best Actress (Musical) for playing Velma Kelly in a revival of "Chicago."
- Danced with the Princeton Ballet Company.
- Has won two Emmys, two Tonys, two Drama Desks, an LA Drama Critics Circle award, an Astaire Award, an Outer Critics Circle award, among others.
- She claims the role of the hooker teaching 'Judy Davis (I)' (qv) how to perform oral sex on a banana in 'Woody Allen' (qv)'s _Celebrity (1998)_ (qv) was written specifically for her.
- She raises money to help stray cats and dogs.
- Education: Graduated from Princeton High School (Princeton, New Jersey, 1976) Majored in dance at The Juilliard School (New York, New York 1976-7)
- Her husband, Chris Calkins is is the founder of Destino vineyards in Napa Valley.